| FTBL Here's a different take on Fromm and Georgia football (Musburger's co-host on his gambling show.)

Yeah, I'm tech support for my mom. I bought them a computer several years ago and made the stupid mistake of it having Windows 8 on it, which I had on none of my work or personal devices. Trying to help over the phone was an inky darkness.

I want to move her from DirecTV to Youtube TV, but the channels don't match up very well. Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith are non-negotiable.

My dad is talking of going to YouTube TV. I have seen threads on here about the cable cutting alternatives, but I am still unsure of how it works. My DirecTV bill this month went from $90 to $150, and that is just ridiculous. I want to make the change, just want to make sure my sports viewing is not hindered.

Hold this thought as the season progresses. There have been a lot of inner politics going on inside of that quarterback room for awhile now.

*Interesting to note Fields has better odds for the Heisman than Fromm.

I see him as a Jeremy Johnson type hype train. Fields came from West Cobb where we lived, I saw him play, pulled for him and the Hoyas. I also noticed he was soft and full of himself. His family was absolutely terrific, but you could see the arrogance in him just watching his movements and interactions. He then goes to Georgia and is a pouting mess on the sidelines instead of being a team player. I seriously do not see him living up to his #2 recruit billing. Heck, I want to say 247 may have had him #1, or maybe it was ESPN. He has talent around him that will mask some of his shortcomings, but he will be exposed. Atleast that's my two cents on him. Eason, we'll see. he has the size and arm, plus some game experience. Not much competition in the Pacific Northwest, so he most likely plays well, but I do not see Eason lighting it up or doing any more than Jake Browning accomplished.

That is an interesting note on the Heisman odds. What are the Natty odds running? I would think Georgia is better there?

I want to move her from DirecTV to Youtube TV, but the channels don't match up very well. Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith are non-negotiable.
Not counting my Internet which gives me access to a lot of stations (which I believe may be their mistake, but that's beside the point.)

Netflix. Call it $13 a month and there's Andy.
YouTube, Call it $50 and you're at $63.
Amazon Prime has Gunsmoke...and now you're less than $75.

For me, all together, I'm at $150ish with Internet and those three.

My dad is talking of going to YouTube TV. I have seen threads on here about the cable cutting alternatives, but I am still unsure of how it works. My DirecTV bill this month went from $90 to $150, and that is just ridiculous. I want to make the change, just want to make sure my sports viewing is not hindered.
I got a fairly inexpensive tablet and Chromecast for a friend of the family the other day...easy for her to use YouTube in the end.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but most folks that have an indoor or outside TV antenna can pick up METV on their local station lineup. They will Andy Griffin, Gunsmoke, and Bonanza you to death. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

We use YouTube TV at the lake, we run it off of an ATT hotspot. Intro is $39 a month, it goes to $49 after 3 months. I love it, bought a cheap 65 inch Sharp/Roku set from Walmart last Black Friday. Single, simple remote does it all. I’m ditching my home Comcast and just keeping naked internet from them, will save $100 a month. Will run the same YouTube TV account, it’ll just have Bham stations and I’ll be forced to watch the channel 42 traffic girl each morning.

Back
Top Bottom