| ADMIN đź‘€ Have You Seen? đź‘€ - A small hack in the "conversations" / private messages: Send message to yourself.

TerryP

Staff
A quick hack I've gone live with this morning I wanted to point out real quickly.

I've heard a few reactions about the option that have ranged from "it's a great idea to keep notes" to "I'm going to use it as a dairy." Another mentioned how it can work with current bookmark system. How you'll use it, or if you do ... we'll see.

b.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Many times you folks may find the need to leave yourselves a note or a reminder about something. The core of this software platform does not allow someone to start a conversation with themselves, it is seen as having no recipients. It works on the same principle as having a conversation with someone here. If they chose to leave the conversation you can reply and it can remain unseen. Essentially, at that point, you're having a conversation with no one but yourself.

In form of a check box that "other person" is now removed from the conversation at the beginning, per se'. I think you'll find it easy to understand.

As always, hope this helps, thanks for your participation...and if ya have any comments, questions, or criticisms ...

a.jpg

Now I'm going to have to go see how they have that set up. I've never attempted to do that over there. Hell, what's there to keep track of on FB? Your alters and passwords?

I didn't know until my wife finally got annoyed with me sending pictures and notes to her that I was trying to remind myself of and she told me I could just send it to myself. Usually I send myself a note of something I need to do after work or the next day or maybe an article I wanted to read later or a video I want to watch or something I want to buy or even a recipe.

@BamaBoyJosh, I've had my eye on a fridge that has a touch screen built in, wifi capable, simply to coincide with my grocery app...it's a note taking system just like the ones we're discussing here.

NOW...if I can find one that also has the door in door ...

@BamaBoyJosh, I've had my eye on a fridge that has a touch screen built in, wifi capable, simply to coincide with my grocery app...it's a note taking system just like the ones we're discussing here.

My wife wants one too and also a smart thermostat lol Awhile back I bought a boogie board sync (its a note taking tablet) because I got a good deal on it thinking I would use it for a few weeks and then it would sit in a drawer for ever. But my god its amazing. I literally push a button on it and the tablet sends the notes to my Ipad and phone. In a typical school year I use up at least two/two 1/2 notebooks just on stats, notes, quotes, etc. but I bought a new notebook at the beginning of football season and have barely even cracked it open since getting that tablet.

I bought a touch screen built in, WiFi capable LG fridge a year ago. Love the damn thing. I can type a food list, beer list, etc and have it sent to my phone. They’re pricey, but my nerdy self loves it

My wife wants one too and also a smart thermostat lol Awhile back I bought a boogie board sync (its a note taking tablet) because I got a good deal on it thinking I would use it for a few weeks and then it would sit in a drawer for ever. But my god its amazing. I literally push a button on it and the tablet sends the notes to my Ipad and phone. In a typical school year I use up at least two/two 1/2 notebooks just on stats, notes, quotes, etc. but I bought a new notebook at the beginning of football season and have barely even cracked it open since getting that tablet.
I bought a smart thermostat two or three months ago. It’s handy. Just about my entire house is smart connected. I’m a huge tech nerd lol

... "I'm going to use it as a dairy." ...
I'm going with Daily Affirmations
source.gif

And gosh darnit, people like me

I bought a touch screen built in, WiFi capable LG fridge a year ago. Love the damn thing. I can type a food list, beer list, etc and have it sent to my phone. They’re pricey, but my nerdy self loves it
Some things...don't need a list.

A quandary, of sorts. Several years ago I bought a Maytag based on reviews, brand awareness, etc. The prevailing thought was "how long with this last." Now, as it's still running like it was new (except the door light went out a few days ago and that looks like it'll be a chore to replace) I'm left thinking "why new while its still working so well."

Some things...don't need a list.

A quandary, of sorts. Several years ago I bought a Maytag based on reviews, brand awareness, etc. The prevailing thought was "how long with this last." Now, as it's still running like it was new (except the door light went out a few days ago and that looks like it'll be a chore to replace) I'm left thinking "why new while its still working so well."
Touché!!

Only reason I bought mine is because it took a chit

Back
Top Bottom