| FTBL Greg Hardy being dismissed

I'll believe it when I see it Saturday. Nutt is asking for trouble if he leaves things up to a team vote. I believe that you could have a team council but ultimately it should be the HC's call.

Patriot_81 said:
I heard the team had a vote and decided to kick him off the team.

I heard the same thing Jase...but, heard it before the press conference last Thursday or Friday.

One thing is for sure...Hardy hasn't been giving it his all from start to finish. But, that's not "news." He had 15 minutes of really good play against us last season and really wasn't a factor the rest of the game. He's also been in a shuffle all year for that starting role after coming back from his injury.

All that said, all I'm going on is what Nutt said last week...things could have changed since then.

TerryP said:
Patriot_81 said:
I heard the team had a vote and decided to kick him off the team.

I heard the same thing Jase...but, heard it before the press conference last Thursday or Friday.

One thing is for sure...Hardy hasn't been giving it his all from start to finish. But, that's not "news." He had 15 minutes of really good play against us last season and really wasn't a factor the rest of the game. He's also been in a shuffle all year for that starting role after coming back from his injury.

All that said, all I'm going on is what Nutt said last week...things could have changed since then.

That's not the Hardy I saw against Florida. As far the Bama game last season, if he only had 15 minutes of "really good play" then I would hate to see what his stats would be for a "really good" effort for an entire game.

A lot has been documented about Hardy's inconsistent play, both in print and online, these past two years.
I know what the Ole Miss message boards have been saying about Hardy and the team vote, but I have yet to read a news article reporting the latest "vote" incident.

I'm also aware of Hardy's "invisible performance" against USC. It has been talked about and also documented by the Mississippi media.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810080342

There were later reports surfacing that Hardy actually was sick with flu-like symptoms for the USC game. So who does one believe? Regardless of the reason, we do know that Hardy was a much different player against the Gamecocks than he was against Florida.

Then again, Greg Hardy has also found himself having to pay the piper before. I remember Coach O suspended GH last year but said it was not for legal reasons, that he (Coach O) had very strict team rules, which Hardy had broken.

One thing is for sure: when the man's motor is revved, he can be a beast. You better be prepared if the player that has earned the NFL's #1 DE prospect ranking shows up.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if some of this unsubstantiated stuff is being thrown out there to lull Bama into a false sense of security. Things may not be as bad with the Rebs as someone folks in Oxford would like others to believe. :wink:

And if he is truly only a 15-minute player, he still picked up a game full of impressive stats.

No one better take Ole Miss' #86 lightly.

Back
Top Bottom