| NEWS Greg Byrne: Challenges ahead - AD says financial challenges, attendance reductions coming - Tuscaloosa News

Define "a lot of money" here. There will be some savings, no doubt.

I'm thinking in regards to things such as the band not traveling to away games. What about recruiting? Will they be the ones allowed in the stadium to attend the games. Their families and all of the game day food and festivities that go along with recruiting. Think about the meals and all that go with the higher end Tide Pride donors. I'm sure some of that will still happen, but I would imagine spending will be down because of the attenuation of staff and outside stuff that goes with it.

I don't believe it's going to make any difference if the whole population wears a mask or not. What, with all the cooked numbers of positive test, cooked death numbers, the what looks to be a false narrative about heart problems associated with the virus, and what about that map someone posted in a different thread that showed Tuscaloosa, Birmingham and some other more heavily populated areas as being low risk for catching the damn virus. There is way too much political correctness and fear propagated by the Dems and the sorry ass MSM. People need to wake the hell up and see what is really going on here.

Nobody will miss you when you give up your fandom.

Sadly I'm not as weak minded as yourself, so my fandom for my university won't falter. There have been three AD's since I attended Alabama, and there will be more, so my fandom does not sit with the head guy sitting in that seat. I do know that there are a ton of unhappy boosters out there though, so sit back in your seat and enjoy what others are giving you.

And parents that are there for "Bid Day!" A LOT of older faces in the crowd there outside Gallettes.
The owner of Gallettes is PISSED off. They were practicing social distancing within the building, everyone was wearing masks, but we're not seeing any of that being reported.

Jeff Sirkin is at Gallettes Tuscaloosa.
4h · Tuscaloosa
I don’t get on a soap box here often unless it’s about a metal band or a dumb movie. Here it goes...We did nothing wrong today. We opened at 12 noon with a line down the block. But some of you saw “a picture” and assumed we chose to endorse anarchy and lawlessness. It is not my responsibility to police people 50 yards from the entrance to my front door on city property. Logistically it is impossible for me enforce you wearing a mask down the street while you wait to come inside. Every single patron that entered my establishment wore a mask. I’ll say it again...EVERY SINGLE PATRON THAT ENTERED GALLETTES TODAY WORE A MASK. PERIOD. The optics that some people saw with our line did not translate to what went on inside. We were at 1/4 of our capacity for the ENTIRE DAY. Well below the 50% threshold that is mandated after 9pm. We have gone above and beyond what is required by city and state mandates. We have been complimented numerous times by the Tuscaloosa Police Department how we have been running our establishment since the reopening, as have most of my colleagues in the service industry during these crazy times. If you think we just threw caution into the wind today because “we don’t want a football season and don’t care” you couldn’t be further from the truth. My employees have busted their ass to enforce what’s has been asked of them. Our industry is not the fallguy for any of this. 25,000-30,000 students showed up this weekend. Did you expect them to sit at home and read? We are doing all we can. We appreciate your continued support for the service industry. Thank you.

The owner of Gallettes is PISSED off. They were practicing social distancing within the building, everyone was wearing masks, but we're not seeing any of that being reported.

Jeff Sirkin is at Gallettes Tuscaloosa.
4h · Tuscaloosa
I don’t get on a soap box here often unless it’s about a metal band or a dumb movie. Here it goes...We did nothing wrong today. We opened at 12 noon with a line down the block. But some of you saw “a picture” and assumed we chose to endorse anarchy and lawlessness. It is not my responsibility to police people 50 yards from the entrance to my front door on city property. Logistically it is impossible for me enforce you wearing a mask down the street while you wait to come inside. Every single patron that entered my establishment wore a mask. I’ll say it again...EVERY SINGLE PATRON THAT ENTERED GALLETTES TODAY WORE A MASK. PERIOD. The optics that some people saw with our line did not translate to what went on inside. We were at 1/4 of our capacity for the ENTIRE DAY. Well below the 50% threshold that is mandated after 9pm. We have gone above and beyond what is required by city and state mandates. We have been complimented numerous times by the Tuscaloosa Police Department how we have been running our establishment since the reopening, as have most of my colleagues in the service industry during these crazy times. If you think we just threw caution into the wind today because “we don’t want a football season and don’t care” you couldn’t be further from the truth. My employees have busted their ass to enforce what’s has been asked of them. Our industry is not the fallguy for any of this. 25,000-30,000 students showed up this weekend. Did you expect them to sit at home and read? We are doing all we can. We appreciate your continued support for the service industry. Thank you.

I don't blame him one bit!! The man still has to pay his bills and put food on the table!!

Doesn't Alabama have a mask mandate?

Just my opinion, if you want things you're gonna have to compromise on a few things at the moment.

I don't live in Alabama anymore, but I thought it went into August, so not sure if it is still a mandate at the moment or not.

You make a good point, give up a thing or two to get a thing or two. My concern is once this is over, are we allowed to regain those freedoms or have we given away that ability. Give a mouse a cookie...

I don't live in Alabama anymore, but I thought it went into August, so not sure if it is still a mandate at the moment or not.

You make a good point, give up a thing or two to get a thing or two. My concern is once this is over, are we allowed to regain those freedoms or have we given away that ability. Give a mouse a cookie...

Get em back.....hell no...but sure as hell gonna take em back....
No limp wrist politicians stopping us....

Back
Top Bottom