Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2001 31-7 Bama Iron Bowl Victory.

• 2002 Third Sat. In October.

• Total voters

Crimson323

Verified Member
What is your favorite, defining Alabama match-up in history? There are many for different people. Here are some of my favorites.
The Bama/Penn State Sugar Bowl from 1978 season.
The Bama/Miami 34-13 beatdown.
The 1985 Alabama/Auburn Game.
The 2001 31-7 Bama/Auburn game.
Name your favorite game from the Iron Bowl, The Third Saturday in October, the T-Town/Baton Rouge Rumble(Bama/LSU), or whatever.

My personal favorite was 2002's Third Saturday in October where Bama cleared Neyland Stadium in a triumphant 34-14 win over UT. Gives me chills.

An indirect quote from Ken Stabler about the near empty Neyland Stadiumin 2002 after Bama put a hurtin' on that orange butt:

Correct me if I am wrong about this quote:
"It's so quite in here, you could hear a mouse peeing on a cotton ball."

I cannot believe ALABAMA embarrased the Vol-tures so bad, their own fans left in mid 4th quarter..... :D :D :D

'98 Bama-LSU

Zow leads Bama back after being down 16-9 with only about 6 minutes left to win 22-16. Quincy Jackson caught TWO tipped balls in that one and Shaun A had a TD catch as well!

RollTideRandy said:
'98 Bama-LSU

Zow leads Bama back after being down 16-9 with only about 6 minutes left to win 22-16. Quincy Jackson caught TWO tipped balls in that one and Shaun A had a TD catch as well!

I remember that one! :D I actually missed the game, but I recorded it. I had to help move my cousin that day. We were almost home without hearing anything about it when we stopped at a gas station to fill our car up. As we were pumping, a truck came by with guys screaming to the top of their lungs, "Bama won! Bama won! It was a miracle!" So when I watched it at home, I already knew what happened. It was still a good game though. :D

From the ones that I've seen since I've been alive...

Best finish: BAMA vs AU in 1985
Most exciting from start to finish: BAMA vs Florida (at the Swamp) in 1999
Most fun to watch from start to finish: BAMA vs Miami in the 1992 Sugar Bowl.

I voted for the '92 NC game, but the 1996 Iron Bowl (Stallings last) was a great game. We win 24-23 on a last minute TD run by Dennis Riddle :D. I ran through the house yelling...."we're not going to the Weedeater Bowl, we're not going to the Weedeater Bowl!"

Porterhouse said:

I remember this one. I had to work that saturday and missed the game. The worst part was I forgot to record it. Even worse, NOBODY I know recorded it. I saw the overtime when Shaun Alexander ran it in from 25 yards on Bama'a first play. That was it. I still have not seen the rest of that game.

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE A COPY OF THIS GAME?

I would really love to see it. If anyone can make a copy I would gladly pay for the tape and the shipping for it.

Check out the tape/ticket swap forum, someone is bound to have it.
You can purchase tapes and dvds from the University. Just ask Porkchop or Porterhouse, they could tell you more about it.

bamaman37 said:
Porterhouse said:

I remember this one. I had to work that saturday and missed the game. The worst part was I forgot to record it. Even worse, NOBODY I know recorded it. I saw the overtime when Shaun Alexander ran it in from 25 yards on Bama'a first play. That was it. I still have not seen the rest of that game.

I would really love to see it. If anyone can make a copy I would gladly pay for the tape and the shipping for it.

This is all you need my friend:

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about3775.html

Simon hooked me up with that game on DVD for 10 bucks! :shock:

bamaman37 said:
RollTideRandy said:
'98 Bama-LSU

I remember that one! :D I actually missed the game, but I recorded it. I had to help move my cousin that day. We were almost home without hearing anything about it when we stopped at a gas station to fill our car up. As we were pumping, a truck came by with guys screaming to the top of their lungs, "Bama won! Bama won! It was a miracle!" So when I watched it at home, I already knew what happened. It was still a good game though. :D
That is a great game, I watched most of it & when it looked like Bama was going to lose I deiced to go ahead & leave to go to my girlfriends house. On the way there I about wrecked on the interstate listening to the game. That game is a perfect example of an Alabama comeback! Got this one on tape, I need to watch it this weekend. I'd love to have the 1996 Bama LSU game on DVD, S. Alexander was the man that day!

RollTideRandy said:
bamaman37 said:
Porterhouse said:

This is all you need my friend:

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about3775.html

Simon hooked me up with that game on DVD for 10 bucks! :shock:

Thanks! I'll email him tonight. Can't wait to see it! :D

My Favorite Bama game has to be the Beating we put on UcheaT in 2002 in knoxville. Never seen so much orange leaving that game in the first of the 4th quarter.I laughed my a$$ off.Neyland was all Bama!Crimson&White not puke orange&chartruse.(do not ask.Im not gay if you stop to think if i am) :lol: Tennessee lost at home,we went 10-3,and Franchonie looked like he was stickin' around.

Crimson323 said:
Alabama vs. Florida 1992 Inagural SEC Championship game....one of the best..... 28-21. I was 7 years old.

I wasn't but 3yrs old but i've watched the game because my uncle has taped bama games since the early 80's.I agree.That was one of the best.

The '92 Sugar Bowl game was one of the most dominant performances by a heavy underdog that I've ever seen. When things were at it's darkest, from 2000 through the Price fiasco, I'd watch that game and think about those good times. The '79 Penn State game was one of the most exciting 1 versus 2 games ever. The '99 UF game in down here in Gainesville was great for me personally, because all of my Gator friends (and enemies) were giving me grief the week leading up to the game about how badly we were gonna get beat (Bama was a 16 point underdog). That next week was an awful lot of fun. Ditto the SECCG in December later that year.

Some other great Bama games that I remember include:

...the '77 Sugar Bowl 35-6 win over Woody and OSU, a game in which we were underdogs again, if I'm not mistaken. We were also robbed of the NC by the pollsters (again) in favor of Notre Dame (again).

...the '73 Sugar Bowl loss to Notre Dame by a 24-23 count. One of the most entertaining games I've ever seen...and it defined my lifelong hatred of Notre Dame and questionable officiating.

...the '69 regular season game between Bama and Ole Miss, led by Archie-who? Manning...a 33-32 Bama win. I do believe that this game was groundbreaking in that it was the first live national broadcast of a college football game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that. :wink:

And yes...I'm a little older than most, but no less a die-hard Bama fan. I am so ready for this season to kick off.

the '94 UGH-A (that's Georgia) Bama game. Eric Zier wanted to get into a throwing contest so Barker threw for 394 yds. that night. I was running all over the living room. Also, the 90 (91?) UT game we won 9-6 on a field goal. I love that one because a friends drunk uncle bet me $100 AND gave me 10 pts. I took that old man's money and got REAL drunk. He may be one of the reasons I just flat out hate UT.

Back
Top Bottom