What is your Favorite Bama Game?

• The 78 Bama/Penn State NC game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2001 31-7 Bama Iron Bowl Victory.

• 2002 Third Sat. In October.

• Total voters
What is your favorite, defining Alabama match-up in history? There are many for different people. Here are some of my favorites.
The Bama/Penn State Sugar Bowl from 1978 season.
The Bama/Miami 34-13 beatdown.
The 1985 Alabama/Auburn Game.
The 2001 31-7 Bama/Auburn game.
Name your favorite game from the Iron Bowl, The Third Saturday in October, the T-Town/Baton Rouge Rumble(Bama/LSU), or whatever.

My personal favorite was 2002's Third Saturday in October where Bama cleared Neyland Stadium in a triumphant 34-14 win over UT. Gives me chills.
My all-time favorite is difficult to pick as several games other folks have listed fit the bill. However, the most fun I ever had at a game was Bama finally beating Notre Dame in1986 28-10. It was an October game at Legion Field and became famous for The Sack. For younger fans, they can’t imagine how frustrating Bama’s previous losses to Nortre Dame had been or how much we Bama fans viscerally wanted/needed to beat them. Those young fans also can’t imagine how great it was to have Cornelius Bennett and Derick Thomas represent the Tide during some very lean years. Most everyone has them in the top four of the greatest Bama linebackers in history … and I personally believe they were 1A Thomas and 1B Bennett. When Cornelius leveled Beuerlein for The Sack, the crowd hushed for a very brief moment then exploded. It was the loudest and most raucous I had ever heard a Legion Field crowd. The Tide rolled that day and because of all the many years of Notre Dame heartaches preceding it, it will forever be etched in my memory … and always brings a smile.

Its really really hard to pick one...
I think back to games as far back as i can remember....

and i cant move off 92 NC game vs Miami.....

Keith Jackson on the call...

Could name the starters for many years after..
Langham, London, Johnson , Teague, Curry, Copeland, etc
Barker, Palmer, Williams, Lassic, etc

Erased a rough period... post Bear......

hard to figure how ...withthe 2 greatest coaches...Bear and Nick...it goes to Stallings

@It Takes Eleven ..... surprised me to that the uga game wasnt one....but it has the distinction of being the great play...for me anyway

Its really really hard to pick one...
I think back to games as far back as i can remember....

and i cant move off 92 NC game vs Miami.....

Keith Jackson on the call...

Could name the starters for many years after..
Langham, London, Johnson , Teague, Curry, Copeland, etc
Barker, Palmer, Williams, Lassic, etc

Erased a rough period... post Bear......

hard to figure how ...withthe 2 greatest coaches...Bear and Nick...it goes to Stallings

@It Takes Eleven ..... surprised me to that the uga game wasnt one....but it has the distinction of being the great play...for me anyway

This is, incredibly, a 16-year old thread that was resurrected. It covers none of the Saban era, or even Shula's best win over Florida.

Thanks for bring this back up! I never did a post or voted on this. To me the first even night game on ABC! Bama vs Ole Siss, I have said, Manning won the battle, but Hunter won the war!! 31-30.

I was at all three of these games:

'92 NC AL vs Miami
'85 Iron Bowl
'86 AL vs ND

I had to think about it for a minute. At the time next to the barn ND was the most hated team for me it was awesome to sit in Legion Field and watch the Tide beat them the way we did. Then I think about the come back against the barn in '85 and snatching victory from them. I was standing behind the goal post field level when Van Tiffin kicked it. But stomping a mud hole in the Canes for a NC was the best I have never been on such a high at a game in my life.

'92 NC AL vs Miami
'85 Iron Bowl
'86 AL vs ND

I had to think about it for a minute. At the time next to the barn ND was the most hated team for me it was awesome to sit in Legion Field and watch the Tide beat them the way we did. Then I think about the come back against the barn in '85 and snatching victory from them. I was standing behind the goal post field level when Van Tiffin kicked it. But stomping a mud hole in the Canes for a NC was the best I have never been on such a high at a game in my life.
If we are using greatest game with ND it had to be the 2012 NC beatdown. Now that really erased ALOT of heartaches for this old guy from the 70's games against ND. The game last year not as satisfying because ND kept it close relatively speaking of course.

Overall hard to be 1979 goal line stand and 1992 and the strip but with Bama there is always another option simply based on tradition. How can you beat NC game in OT down by 3 and 2 and 26? It is great to be a bama fan!!!! Glad my Dad raised me right.

'92 NC AL vs Miami
'85 Iron Bowl
'86 AL vs ND

I was at the '85 Iron Bowl, too. It has to rank up there as one of the best games I've ever attended. You have more classic games to pick from than I do.

I tried to get Porkchop to put up Bears last game at the Liberty Bowl, you talk about a historical game. Most all of my old posts were purged when we moved the site from the original platform and name to merge with Doemasters. I also had a different name back then. Chop added that other to accommodate my pick. The good ole days, cringe every game and wonder if we would ever trudge through the Shula years. Biggest fight on the board back then was when Shula was let go. Chop was one of our main Admin back then, big Bama fan, from Shelby County area. It had other posts about the debacle or "Destiny" of "Its Rolling Baby" Mike Price and Franocchio's Bobblehead destruction.

My absolute, favorite pre-Saban game was the 1990 Tennessee upset in Knoxville. The Tide was 13 point underdogs. What was a sure loss, turned into a sure tie, which turned into an unbelievable win. When Phillip Doyle kicked the game winning field goal, the Tide section went absolutely nuts and I was right there in it. After composing myself, I looked around the stadium and all the UT fans were just standing there watching us celebrate in total disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom