What is your Favorite Bama Game?

• The 78 Bama/Penn State NC game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2001 31-7 Bama Iron Bowl Victory.

• 2002 Third Sat. In October.

• Total voters
My absolute, favorite pre-Saban game was the 1990 Tennessee upset in Knoxville. The Tide was 13 point underdogs. What was a sure loss, turned into a sure tie, which turned into an unbelievable win. When Phillip Doyle kicked the game winning field goal, the Tide section went absolutely nuts and I was right there in it. After composing myself, I looked around the stadium and all the UT fans were just standing there watching us celebrate in total disbelief.
Was a great game to be at Neyland....

Much newer of a fan than probably anyone here, but the 2012 SEC Championship ranks up there. Probably the best game I have ever seen. It had offense, it had defense, countless NFL draft picks, physical, bombs, long drives, and a last play opportunity. All around funnest game I have ever watched on tv or in person.

Rally in Death Valley was fun/nerve-racking.
2nd and 26 was simply unbelievable. Almost euphoric.
Jalen Hurts saving us in the SEC Championship was legendary.

I have to go with the 1990 game vs UT. On paper, we had no chance with 1 win and 3 losses. Lee Corso helped when he said, "Alabama is taking a high school team to Knoxville this Saturday". Also remember reading that the gracious home team turned up the heat in the locker room full blast; there were signs on the overpasses "Bear is dead" and other insulting things. Stacey Harrison blocks their winning field goal attempt, we run 3 plays and don't make 10 yards; Phillip Doyle boots the field goal and get a bloody nose from the UT defender trying to block it. All in all, one of the best defensive performances in the history of UA football.

Apparently I am going against the grain here but no way I can see bama's greatest game involving the barn. Many better games with championships on the line, none of which involved the barn turds.

Apparently I am going against the grain here but no way I can see bama's greatest game involving the barn. Many better games with championships on the line, none of which involved the barn turds.
For Auburn it is their Super Bowl every year. For Bama it is just a rivalry game. I always think of them as a hump to get over, not anything special. So I am kind of with you. Although stopping that Tubby streak was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom