• The 78 Bama/Penn State NC game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2001 31-7 Bama Iron Bowl Victory.

• 2002 Third Sat. In October.

• Total voters
bamaman37 said:
The 92 NC game. Nobody gave Alabama a chance and they came out there and whupped those 'canes.

By far my favorite game :D
That is cool when a team pulls off the big upset. A feeling like nothing else in the world, I must agree.

I didn't vote in the poll, since none of you would have been interested in my opinion on this subject. :D

To me it has to be Miami 92. Partly because we won it all, andf partly because we "were not supposed to". What that team did to Miami was nothing short of sodomy! I mean, they bent Toretta over like he was in cell block 9 or something.

Total and complete domination of a team that night, with the exception of our passing game. Of course, why pass when you can just run through them all night long.

I voted for the 92 Championship game b/c we had been under-rated alll year long. Only 1 person ranked us #1 and we were constantly being over-looked. When we came in there and shut down Ginnnoooo Ginnooooo....it was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. And of course we had the famous "Takeaway". Good lord, that game had so many "events" it's just a classic on its own...even if it wouldn't have been for the NC. It still gives me goose bumps.

The 1992 Sugar Bowl was amazing. I still love to see clips of it.

Keith Jackson had some great calls in it.

Being a huge Ohio State fan, I felt that the 2002 Fiesta Bowl was a carbon copy of the 1992 Sugar Bowl. Miami was the best team and everyone thought they were unbeatable. Then, low and behold, they get beat.

When Clarett stole the ball from Sean Taylor, just like George Teague did, I about shit my pants. I immeadiately looked at my budddy and said, "Wow, just like 92."

I knew there was no way the Bucks would lose.

----

Another great game, but not close to the best Bama game ever was the 1994 Citrus Bowl. I was there fully clad in my Buckeye gear, but Sherman Williams broke my heart with a minute left; dashing into the end zone to beat Ohio State. That was a fabulous bowl game.

'92 Sugar Bowl. Awesome! If you'd been there (like me) you start to wonder if any game will ever compare to that. Games like that just don't come along very often.

I was absolutely floored when I walked into the Superdome. I knew there would be a lot of Bama fans, but I had no idea it would be like a home game. :che It was so loud and a total sea of crimson and white except for a few sections here and there.

And that was before the game even started... :D

number1tidefan16 said:
Crimson323 said:
Alabama vs. Florida 1992 Inagural SEC Championship game....one of the best..... 28-21. I was 7 years old.

I wasn't but 3yrs old but i've watched the game because my uncle has taped bama games since the early 80's.I agree.That was one of the best.

When people say things like that, it makes me feel REALLY old!

I agree with the '93 Sugar Bowl. It has to be the best because we were such the underdog. That may be one of the most under-appreciated defenses of all time at Alabama. I remember the "Redwood Forest" defenses of the late 70's but that '92 defense was something to behold. The "strip" highlight still runs chills up and down my spine and there aren't many plays that have done that!

bamaupsman,

That 1994 Georgia-Bama game was truly enjoyable. Probably the loudest crowd at Bryant-Denny until the OU game a couple of years ago. My big Georgia buddy still laments that game to this day. Thing is about UGA fans, they are hard pressed to give Barker credit for showing up Eric Zeir. They blame it on Swamp Fox being their Defensive Coordinator who they replaced with, you guessed it, Joe kines the following year. Barker was, in the words of Coach Bryant, "nothing but a winner".

I have enjoyed so many Bama/AU games I lose count. The "wrong way Bo" year, the "kick" and the thrashing that we laid on them 31-17 (my first Iron Bowl) a few years ago. Not to mention all of the greats that played in that game like AU's Lionel "Little Train" James who still has my respect for being one of the fiestiest little HB's I have ever seen! The dude ran on friggin Energizers. The plays in those games too like Rory Turner's "he waxed the dude...that was a slobberknocker" hit that will go down in the ages. That series will always be special.

I voted for the 92 Title game simply because being there and seeing it live, what an unbelievable experience -- from the Deuce setting the tempo with the opening kickoff, to Lassic just running clear through people, to Copeland & Curry pancaking Toretta after ever other snap. It was too surreal.

Some other great games of memory ... Penn State in '88, when Derrick Thomas was a one-man wrecking crew (most dominant single defense performance I've ever witnessed) ... Penn State the following year, when Thomas Rayham somehow gets his hand up to block the chip shot field goal (weeks later ... meeting him at an off-campus party, and noticing how HUGE his hands were while accepting a cold one) ... and of course "the" Florida game, where by some miracle (thanks, Bear) they jump offsides on our PAT.

I just got the Bama vs. Florida DVD from Simon. I watched it and man! That was a great game! I had seen the overtime, but had never seen the regulation. That game is now one of the best Bama games I've seen! :)

I remember that game very well. When we got the ball in OT, I said to my wife" Alexander's gonna score on the first play" and what do you know? That was an incredible game.

That '85 Auburn game was a keeper too. Who was the qb that year? Hahahaha! Gene Jelks was an absolute machine in that game. Too bad he turned out to be such a backstabbing turd.

Back
Top Bottom