| FTBL Gator Fans Can't Stand this Clip...

As much I can't stand Florida, If it were today (I was too young to be interested in this game at the time) I'd be rooting for Florida...I just don't like those huskers.

[edit] also, while it was a very impressive run, when you watch it again you notice that two men where attempting to take him down, they were in the way for the third guy to make a commitment and help tackle. Then the second guy was detained so it turned out to be one guy...but that guy was trying to tackle a speeding bullet from the rear , and as you can see it was not very effective. This is in no way discrediting a very impressive run.

ncksatwell said:
That was probably the best college football team I have seen. They were equally dominant on both sides of the ball.
I agree. I was about 14 or 15 when that game was played and remember it very well. Watching Tommy Frazier run the option was a thing of beauty.

TidePride50 said:
ncksatwell said:
That was probably the best college football team I have seen. They were equally dominant on both sides of the ball.
I agree. I was about 14 or 15 when that game was played and remember it very well. Watching Tommy Frazier run the option was a thing of beauty.

Too bad he couldn't stay out of trouble with the law.

bamatommy said:
TidePride50 said:
ncksatwell said:

Too bad he couldn't stay out of trouble with the law.
I dont think the QB Frazier had any run ins with the law. I think he had blood clot problems in his legs and also didnt want to change position in the NFL from QB. The TB Lawerence Phillips was the one that stayed in trouble. He was taken in the 1st round by the Rams and his trouble followed and eventually lead to him being run out of the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom