| FTBL gameday goons going to Lubbock...

When do we get to start playing on ABC I watched the texas/ok state game and the feed looked so much better. CBS HD, the last few games ive watched has been terrible not to metion the commentators.

aug said:
When do we get to start playing on ABC I watched the texas/ok state game and the feed looked so much better. CBS HD, the last few games ive watched has been terrible not to metion the commentators.

directv CBS HD feed is pretty good, not sure who you use. i think we go to ABC next year, but not 100% on that one. would stink if Vern/Gary go ABC...

planomateo said:
aug said:

directv CBS HD feed is pretty good, not sure who you use. i think we go to ABC next year, but not 100% on that one. would stink if Vern/Gary go ABC...

We aren't going to ABC in the near future. We (as in SEC) just signed a 15 year deal with CBS not to mention a 25 year deal with ESPN. Both contracts, renegotiated this year, start afresh and anew next season.

I think Texas Tech's offense will make it interesting, but this crap about Texas playing the best competition is bull. Just because they're beating top ranked opponents, doesn't make those opponents are worth a damn. :roll:

TerryP said:
planomateo said:
aug said:

We aren't going to ABC in the near future. We (as in SEC) just signed a 15 year deal with CBS not to mention a 25 year deal with ESPN. Both contracts, renegotiated this year, start afresh and anew next season.

oops, meant ESPN, not ABC...sorry :(

planomateo said:
thebutcher said:
I think CBS is a lock for the LSU game. Does Gameday go to CBS games? Seems like they used to, but not sure.

yup, we are on CBS at 2:30pm playing LSU. as far as gameday, I'm pretty sure GameDay will be @ LSU game with us on CBS.

Gameday being at our game isn't a given, by any means. CBS hasn't announced that week yet, although logic says they'll have our game as the afternoon contest.

If things remain as they are today, Gameday very well may choose the Tx Tech vs Okie State game considering how both teams are playing/ranked.

ABC has already selected the USC vs Cal game that weekend. There's a possibility of Gameday as well.

planomateo said:
http://www.bamasportsreport.com/2008/10/15/upcoming-game-times/

LSU on November 8 will be the 2:30 CST game on CBS. It hasn’t been announced officially yet, mostly because CBS doesn’t like to announce this early, but both schools have been informed.

also, http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm has it, and I can't say that I've seen them be wrong yet.

They had the LSU vs South Carolina game as a CBS game two weeks ago when we ended up getting the afternoon game vs Ole Miss.

I'm glad the LSU game's a CBS afternoon dealio! With that being Saban's first trip back, I didn't want the Coonazzes to have all day to get lathered up!

Although, the UGA game yesterday may have taken away some of their future feisty-ness...

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom