| FTBL Game Week: Alabama @ Wisconsin (press conferences and news updates)

How do you not get mad. How do you quelch the anger. It's messed up because the guy at the local store is where it' vented. And that ain't right.
You can't quelch. You gotta let it out. I tried to turn her dementia into something positive.

"Oh, i forgot to tell you.. George came by and looked for you yesterday. He wants to know if you're going to buy from him."

Then I would just play with her a little and say "Mom, You told me this three times and this never get old because I give you different answer each time. "

She would laugh. For me I coped with it the best way by injecting humor... If there's one good thing about Dementia... They don't hold back feelings about certain people.

Best thing I can tell you: don't hold it in. Find an outlet and let it out.

How do you not get mad. How do you quelch the anger. It's messed up because the guy at the local store is where it' vented. And that ain't right.
Terry I wasn't doing this by myself either, my sister, April. April work at a nursing home and she was best at taking care of her. We all still would get upset with her. Try if you want to find someone to help you.

Terry I wasn't doing this by myself either, my sister, April. April work at a nursing home and she was best at taking care of her. We all still would get upset with her. Try if you want to find someone to help you.
It depends on each state, but check with insurance. Sometime they will allow caregivers part time to come sit with your father to be covered under insurance. I had that option with mom. I had it set up where they come Mon-Wed- Friday three times a week coming in from 8am to 3pm. Rest of the time, Mom's friends and I would rotate with her. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to do that.

I’m not downplaying what you’re going through and am praying for you. Just kinda wish my dad had dementia instead of 2 strokes. Maybe he would still be here. I miss him so much and it’s been 6 years since his passing.

I’m not downplaying what you’re going through and am praying for you. Just kinda wish my dad had dementia instead of 2 strokes. Maybe he would still be here. I miss him so much and it’s been 6 years since his passing.
I'm not disagreeing with you while I am. When you tell someone something and a minute later they forget.

It's all good. LIfe.

I am dealing with a parent and dementia. I'm the one losing his mind right now.
Man! I hate to know that Terry. My prayers are with you.
How do you not get mad. How do you quelch the anger.
It's very tough to deal with. Dad turned violent and we had to have him placed in a memory care unit at a local nursing home. It was a very tough decision even with his violence. The doctor told us, "You can love him like he needs 24 hours a day but you can't care for him like he needs 24 hours a day. We can."
A nurse of the unit told me, "you have to understand this is not your dad, this is a disease controlling and acting through his body."

Last edited:
A nurse of the unit told me, "you have to understand this is not your dad, this is a disease controlling and acting through his body."
That's easier to hear than it is to 'process.'
It all depends on how bad the dementia is. Dad's was so bad I started praying the Lord would let him die to get him out of the misery he was in.
This, I understand too completely. It's one of those "processing" things. There are 24 hours in a day. I'm thankful for a couple of them when she's lucid. Like right now. She's been up since 3'ish...but, I'll take what I can get.

I sent Tim a text about jealousy. I'm watching the replay right now...those three minutes at the end of the 2nd and the beginning of the third. I wish I could have watched the breath leave those folks. I'm watching it at home and shaking my head a bit...knew it was there.

If Bama is down 14 in the fourth..are you worried about scoring?

Back
Top Bottom