| OT Forum Interaction Question

Tidestalker

I've just realized that there is a "Bama News" forum option with some actual Alabama football content, which is awesome. Am I the only one who didn't realize that was here and automatically went tot he "Our Fansights" forum automatically?

Quite a bit of Bama football content gets posted on here too, but judging by the interaction on the "Bama News" forum, would it be better to find a way to get them over here? For instance there is an article that is a recent scouting report about Byron Young... Which is awesome... But I found it by accident searching for something else lol.

I certainly appreciate @TerryP and the work the mods have done around here., obviously I enjoy the site. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's a little confused as to the forums and sub forums......? And how all this news is separated? I'm fairly computer illiterate so that may be the case :(

RTR

I certainly appreciate @TerryP and the work the mods have done around here., obviously I enjoy the site. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's a little confused as to the forums and sub forums......? And how all this news is separated? I'm fairly computer illiterate so that may be the case
There are several bots that are running at all times that pull news: two of them in public view.

RTBTwitterBot, BamaNewsBot, Bama News, SEC News, et. al. are pulling headlines related to Bama off the 'net. Some sites still use RSS feeds which allows software to pull the latest news articles, etc. (I've got one pulling from the Tuscaloosa News and it's pulling five articles at a time. Sometimes they don't update things and I get articles from three months ago. I don't want those on this forum.)

The forums are set up as different communities so we aren't talking about Ghostbusters: Afterlife on the forum here where we talk sports (the majority of the time.)

Consider the first page of this forum real estate...don't want a ton of articles showing up here bumping good conversations to the second page.

See "What's New" up in the nav bar? You won't miss a thing, from any forum, if that's your landing page.

There are several bots that are running at all times that pull news: two of them in public view.

RTBTwitterBot, BamaNewsBot, Bama News, SEC News, et. al. are pulling headlines related to Bama off the 'net. Some sites still use RSS feeds which allows software to pull the latest news articles, etc. (I've got one pulling from the Tuscaloosa News and it's pulling five articles at a time. Sometimes they don't update things and I get articles from three months ago. I don't want those on this forum.)

The forums are set up as different communities so we aren't talking about Ghostbusters: Afterlife on the forum here where we talk sports (the majority of the time.)

Consider the first page of this forum real estate...don't want a ton of articles showing up here bumping good conversations to the second page.

See "What's New" up in the nav bar? You won't miss a thing, from any forum, if that's your landing page.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update... Have never even messed with the whats new option. Appreciate it!

LoL! Remember when I used to post a lot of news items and you anointed me the "Newsman" or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom