| CURRENT EVENTS Upstart conservative student paper at University of Alabama will tackle ‘rise of DEI,’ founder says - The College Fix

There’s no need for me to watch it. I’m not commenting my feelings on the film, was just stating that’s what they were protesting.
Yeah. There is.

If you don't know both sides, you're uninformed. If you're uninformed, you're easily manipulated. You become part of a group; one that doesn't think, but follows the "group think."

I'll go with this for a bit.

They were protesting him. Okay.
For what? The content of his film.

Why?

Yeah. There is.

If you don't know both sides, you're uninformed. If you're uninformed, you're easily manipulated. You become part of a group; one that doesn't think, but follows the "group think."

I'll go with this for a bit.

They were protesting him. Okay.
For what? The content of his film.

Why?
I’m here to protest the blatantly transphobic and fascist Matt Walsh […] along with his blatantly unfactual ‘What is a Woman?’ documentary,” said another protester. The student said he is against all of Walsh’s political opinions and “the fact that he’s a theocratic fascist, the fact that he has said that, quote, ‘we lost our republic after reconstruction,’ […] he’s also defended pedophiles like Josh Duggar and others and also advocates for the end of American democracy and a Christian fascist government.”

That’s from one of the protestors, so we both are correct

I’m here to protest the blatantly transphobic and fascist Matt Walsh […] along with his blatantly unfactual ‘What is a Woman?’ documentary,” said another protester. The student said he is against all of Walsh’s political opinions and “the fact that he’s a theocratic fascist, the fact that he has said that, quote, ‘we lost our republic after reconstruction,’ […] he’s also defended pedophiles like Josh Duggar and others and also advocates for the end of American democracy and a Christian fascist government.”

That’s from one of the protestors, so we both are correct
Okay.

Have you watched the doc? Where is this "blatantly transphobic and fascist Matt Walsh?"

You are taking a side of a protest where you have not watched, the core of the protest?

Watch the doc, dude. Set our political differences aside and watch the doc.

That's all I'm asking. Cite where his transphobic. Fascist?

So.

I like the idea of others in this thread sharing their ideals. I don't like the idea of some pissing contests. Smoke a bowl, bro.

Have you watched the doc? If not ... same applies. You're commenting on something you don't know about.
I have watched 3 or 4 segments that Walsh released. In all honesty that is about all I could stomach. I may be missing something that you find enlightening but it isn’t worth it to me to sit through degenerates justifying their behavior. You may think I’m commenting on something that I don’t know about but I’m good with you thinking that, but I do not need to justify my view to your satisfaction. I’m not a fan of the globohomo agenda that our government pushes.

Okay.

Have you watched the doc? Where is this "blatantly transphobic and fascist Matt Walsh?"

You are taking a side of a protest where you have not watched, the core of the protest?

Watch the doc, dude. Set our political differences aside and watch the doc.

That's all I'm asking. Cite where his transphobic. Fascist?
I’m not saying anything about Matt nor am I taking a side of the protest, that was a quote from somebody that protested. But, Matt is pretty open about being a fascist

I’ll attempt to watch the doc.

@JoshB Dude, you leave a comment like "groomer" up, but you delete a reply that might lead to an interesting discussion. I don't get that. I get you were flying off the cuff—nothing is really deleted, remember?—and I also understand a part of you might discuss things; rationally.

@ElephantStomp

Scroll back up and read what I posted. I asked what about the doc was "facist." I didn't ask about Matt, I was pointing to the doc. I know who he is.

I don't put him in a group. I look at him as an individual. I try to do that with everyone.
You may think I’m commenting on something that I don’t know about but I’m good with you thinking that, but I do not need to justify my view to your satisfaction. I’m not a fan of the globohomo agenda that our government pushes.
I may think? If anyone's is in this conversation it is fair game to ask questions, to their satisfaction. That's the very essence of conversations and debates.

I'm not asking you to justify your view, just explain where it comes from. You feel that's an encroachment of some sort?

<mini-rant>

I look at Stomp, his background as LEO, and know he offers a different perspective than Josh—media background, per se—even though a lot of their views fall in line with each other. This goes back to something I've said repeatedly, "the individual." Funny thing is I agree with some of what Stomp says where Josh wouldn't. And vice-versa.

It's just like this film: is it an affrontivity to people when one tries to judge each thing individually, or each person the same way?

@JoshB how do you feel about Jordan Peterson? I was introduced to his philosophies in the early '90's in a few of my New College seminars. It's been wild, to me, seeing him "blow out" over the last decade.

A group of students doesn't agree with the ideals of Matt Walsh. They do their best to get the appearance canceled. This is what fascist regimes do to people. Walsh is now labeled a fascist. Hmm. 🤷‍♂️

But there's this pseudo aura, "this is what's good for society." All the while taking away an individuals right to voice what they like, and don't like. Or a group to assemble.

Is this what's meant by the "duality of man?" I guess that's misogynistic now?

I have watched 3 or 4 segments that Walsh released. In all honesty that is about all I could stomach. I may be missing something that you find enlightening but it isn’t worth it to me to sit through degenerates justifying their behavior. You may think I’m commenting on something that I don’t know about but I’m good with you thinking that, but I do not need to justify my view to your satisfaction. I’m not a fan of the globohomo agenda that our government pushes.

@JoshB Dude, you leave a comment like "groomer" up, but you delete a reply that might lead to an interesting discussion. I don't get that. I get you were flying off the cuff—nothing is really deleted, remember?—and I also understand a part of you might discuss things; rationally.
@ElephantStomp

Scroll back up and read what I posted. I asked what about the doc was "facist." I didn't ask about Matt, I was pointing to the doc. I know who he is.

I don't put him in a group. I look at him as an individual. I try to do that with everyone.

I may think? If anyone's is in this conversation it is fair game to ask questions, to their satisfaction. That's the very essence of conversations and debates.

I'm not asking you to justify your view, just explain where it comes from. You feel that's an encroachment of some sort?

<mini-rant>

I look at Stomp, his background as LEO, and know he offers a different perspective than Josh—media background, per se—even though a lot of their views fall in line with each other. This goes back to something I've said repeatedly, "the individual." Funny thing is I agree with some of what Stomp says where Josh wouldn't. And vice-versa.

It's just like this film: is it an affrontivity to people when one tries to judge each thing individually, or each person the same way?

Yes, and I will continue to call him a groomer. If he can just walk around calling people he disagrees with "groomer" all day long, I will do the same. I have no idea why I even clicked on this thread because I knew if I replied to anything it would start this (why I deleted any other reply).

It's pretty wild that you would say students protesting is somehow "fascism" but Matt Walsh believing he and like-minded people have the right to legislate away others freedoms because they disagree with them is NOT fascism is pretty telling, honestly. I'll direct you to that little amendment that gets talked about so much, a hint it's the very first one.

You can put up videos of him trying to mock and pretend like him admitting he is a FASCIST (HE IS) is just sarcasm all you want. It doesn't change what he is.

How do you I feel about Jordan Peterson? 5-6 years ago he was a harmless "anti SJW" loser. Now, he's an extremely mentally ill person (or possibly brain damaged after being forcibly put into a coma a few years ago) that deliberately lies and does a lot of the same things Walsh does in trying to rial people up, while also trying to force his views on everyone else (ironically what people on the right claim that libs do). He also goes around claiming to be a "neuroscientist" and "micro biologist" and all kinds of other things he has absolutely zero actual expertise in. He's a pseudo-intellectual that has convinced a right-wingers he's a genius because he says things you guys agree with.

I’ll be honest I hadn’t listened to Matt at all prior to this and last night I watched some videos he’s put up and I, too would’ve protested him.

He’s got videos titled “try not to laugh challenge”…..amazingly he only mocks and ridicules female comics….why is that you suppose? After watching a hour worth of videos I can whole heartedly say he’s misogynistic, transphobic, homophobic, and just overall not a good human.

@JoshB how do you feel about Jordan Peterson? I was introduced to his philosophies in the early '90's in a few of my New College seminars. It's been wild, to me, seeing him "blow out" over the last decade.
I know you didn’t ask me, but Peterson is a jackass. He thinks he’s the smartest person in the room and he thinks he’s a scientist and in reality he’s ignorant in the field of science, but he’s become popular because he says the same bs that the right agrees with.

I’ll be honest I hadn’t listened to Matt at all prior to this and last night I watched some videos he’s put up and I, too would’ve protested him.

He’s got videos titled “try not to laugh challenge”…..amazingly he only mocks and ridicules female comics….why is that you suppose? After watching a hour worth of videos I can whole heartedly say he’s misogynistic, transphobic, homophobic, and just overall not a good human.
Where's the issue here?

He mocks people for what they say. It's his right. You'd protest him, voicing his opinion, because you don't want it voiced?

Am I reading this correctly?

I don't get why you would want to shut down his opinions.

It's pretty wild that you would say students protesting is somehow "fascism" but Matt Walsh believing he and like-minded people have the right to legislate away others freedoms because they disagree with them is NOT fascism is pretty telling, honestly. I'll direct you to that little amendment that gets talked about so much, a hint it's the very first one.
Let's go here.

What freedoms are being legislated away?

You're really bringing up 1A? And who do we see having their voice suppressed?

Let's go here.

What freedoms are being legislated away?

You're really bringing up 1A? And who do we see having their voice suppressed?

Your mixing up multiple things. I'm referring to those kids protesting Matt Walsh coming to campus, expressing their 1A rights. Texas and Florida are pretty regularly legislating away freedoms but I was referring to Matt Walsh regularly espousing that gay people shouldn't have the right to vote, doing away with civil rights laws, flat out banning any "gender-affirming care" for trans people, etc. etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom