| CURRENT EVENTS Upstart conservative student paper at University of Alabama will tackle ‘rise of DEI,’ founder says - The College Fix

Where's the issue here?

He mocks people for what they say. It's his right. You'd protest him, voicing his opinion, because you don't want it voiced?

Am I reading this correctly?

I don't get why you would want to shut down his opinions.
I think he’s a bigot, transphobia, misogynistic, and homophobic. That’s why would protest him coming to a campus I was attending

Most of this thread, for me, is nothingness; however, you've caught my interest. If you were to start at the Chicken Shack and head south for an hour to Paxton, and set up housekeeping there - what freedoms would you have given up?

For me? None but unlike you, I don't look at everything in life as me, me, me, me, me.

For me? None but unlike you, I don't look at everything in life as me, me, me, me, me.
Okay, very selfish of me to ask you for a personal perspective. What freedoms would your wife give up, should she accompany you? What freedoms would your current neighbors give up if they were to head down to a Paxton compound with you?

You say Florida and Texas are "pretty regularly legislating away freedoms", yet they are the perennial leaders for in-migration. I would like to see this list of lost freedoms that's attracting people from around the country, and the world.

Okay, very selfish of me to ask you for a personal perspective. What freedoms would your wife give up, should she accompany you? What freedoms would your current neighbors give up if they were to head down to a Paxton compound with you?

You say Florida and Texas are "pretty regularly legislating away freedoms", yet they are the perennial leaders for in-migration. I would like to see this list of lost freedoms that's attracting people from around the country, and the world.
We’ll both states are ran by super right wing people, unless you’re on the right you understand what rights they’re legislating away.

Texas passed one of the most restrictive women’s health laws in the country, Mississippi is the only state more restrictive.

Florida- Start at DeSantis’ “Don’t Say Gay” bill and if you’re an immigrant well you’re getting shipped out of state and the state will lie to you about the goings on

Yes, because that's what I said right? It's selfish for you to ask for a "personal perspective." You are so freaking disingenuous that is laughable. But I got time today...

Start with the "Dont say gay bill" that is PURPOSELY vague so as (gay) teachers could be fired or even sued if they simply have pictures of their partners in their room or say anything whatsoever about their own sexuality ("I'm gay" or answering a question of why one has a husband/wife). And every single person the right fires back with "yeah but its only for third graders and below" except the bill is purposely vague and is already having impact on high school teachers too (the exact same thing they did with their BS "anti-CRT" bill in West Virginia where it was so vague that teachers are being told by their school district that they can't teach about the Holocaust without giving the "alternate view" of it).

Florida passes a bill that allows (some) felons to be able to vote again, which is excellent, but it's Florida so they have to make sure they abuse even something that starts out as good. Ron DeSantis has his office push out that registrars should tell all felons they are legal to vote again, have them fill out registration forms and even send them voter ID. Then when they go to vote, DeSantis has those that weren't actually eligible (but still allowed to sign back up and given voter ID) arrested for voter fraud so that he can stand up in front of his psychotic base and pretend like he's simply fighting back against "voter fraud." a df

His "Stop Woke Act" that literally stops teachers or work places from talking about racism or injustices, at all, and is once again purposely vague.

Disney comes out and publicly pushes back against some of these bills. So, what does DeSantis do? Strips them of their independent status, on his own, he just did it. Because that's what dictators do. Does it to "punish" Disney for saying something he doesn't like yet it's the Florida taxpayers that now get to foot the bill for the fire department, roads, etc. that Disney was paying for.

Now, Im going to go back to just talking about football on here because this bullshit always ends this way.

We’ll both states are ran by super right wing people, unless you’re on the right you understand what rights they’re legislating away.

Texas passed one of the most restrictive women’s health laws in the country, Mississippi is the only state more restrictive.

Florida- Start at DeSantis’ “Don’t Say Gay” bill and if you’re an immigrant well you’re getting shipped out of state and the state will lie to you about the goings on
See you said the don’t say gay bill there..
You obviously have no idea what’s in the bill, That is referred to as that by the liberal media types. This gives the parents the right to see and know what there children are being taught. It also keeps all sexual discussion away from children in 2nd grade and younger. This gives parents more rights than most states. So saying it takes away rights about as ass backwards as you can be.

See you said the don’t say gay bill there..
You obviously have no idea what’s in the bill, That is referred to as that by the liberal media types. This gives the parents the right to see and know what there children are being taught. It also keeps all sexual discussion away from children in 2nd grade and younger. This gives parents more rights than most states. So saying it takes away rights about as ass backwards as you can be.
Read what Josh said above. I mean we all know the right and more specifically DeSantis is all about lgbtq rights and all

No that doesn’t stop talking about racism, that stops CRT, in other words the color of your skin doesn’t make you evil. Also the sins of the father are not the sins of the son, so to speak. It also protects people from being persecuted for there beliefs, no matter what that belief is. If you e read any of these bills you’d know.

Yes, because that's what I said right? It's selfish for you to ask for a "personal perspective." You are so freaking disingenuous that is laughable. But I got time today...

Start with the "Dont say gay bill" that is PURPOSELY vague so as (gay) teachers could be fired or even sued if they simply have pictures of their partners in their room or say anything whatsoever about their own sexuality ("I'm gay" or answering a question of why one has a husband/wife). And every single person the right fires back with "yeah but its only for third graders and below" except the bill is purposely vague and is already having impact on high school teachers too (the exact same thing they did with their BS "anti-CRT" bill in West Virginia where it was so vague that teachers are being told by their school district that they can't teach about the Holocaust without giving the "alternate view" of it).

Florida passes a bill that allows (some) felons to be able to vote again, which is excellent, but it's Florida so they have to make sure they abuse even something that starts out as good. Ron DeSantis has his office push out that registrars should tell all felons they are legal to vote again, have them fill out registration forms and even send them voter ID. Then when they go to vote, DeSantis has those that weren't actually eligible (but still allowed to sign back up and given voter ID) arrested for voter fraud so that he can stand up in front of his psychotic base and pretend like he's simply fighting back against "voter fraud." a df

His "Stop Woke Act" that literally stops teachers or work places from talking about racism or injustices, at all, and is once again purposely vague.

Disney comes out and publicly pushes back against some of these bills. So, what does DeSantis do? Strips them of their independent status, on his own, he just did it. Because that's what dictators do. Does it to "punish" Disney for saying something he doesn't like yet it's the Florida taxpayers that now get to foot the bill for the fire department, roads, etc. that Disney was paying for.

Now, Im going to go back to just talking about football on here because this bullshit always ends this way.

I should've simply taken you at your word that you would lose no freedoms moving to Florida. I agree with you.

Children shouldn't be schooled on sex ed, homo or hetero. If you think a restriction on teaching Critical Race Theory is a freedom lost, I can't help you. Ask a parent about their freedom to have a say in their child's education. Your greatest grievance is a shot across the bow of Disney's activism. Whether Disney foots the bill or it comes from public coffers, everyone pays for infrastructure. Crimes have consequences, even after prison sentences. Felons do not regain all Constitutional rights after their release from prison. For example, if you steal from a bank, you'll likely be banned for life from working at a bank again, regardless of having completed a prison term, paid restitutions, or even if you never served time. The public trust, for decades, has been shown to outweigh the individual preferences of felons. If felons have to navigate a rocky road to regain voting rights, that's not a loss of freedom, it's a consequence of their actions.

So, if you're not a felon, not Disney, and you're not pushing any type of sex ed on a third grader, can you describe any loss of liberty as you and your clan head to Paxton?

Back
Top Bottom