| FTBL Finalized details: Bama vs Clemson- from press conference..

TerryP

Staff
..and, I suppose we should begin to use the official term, "ClemPson."

The officials (Chick-Fil-A) held their presser for the announcement. Here's are a few odd's and end's I caught.

*Chick-Fil-A is the sponser of this game...proceeds will be split between the two schools after a management fee is taken off the top.

*Kickoff is at 8 EST, Aug. 30th. It'll be on either ABC or ESPN.

*Clemson is the home team, so we'll be wearing white. Officials will be an SEC crew. (decided by a coin flip...ironically a lot like the calls they make during games)

*Ticket splits are 33K per team. (they used the term minimum of...)

*The spokesman called Coach Saban and Coach Moore visionaries in regards to neutral site games with a special emphasis on the impact it can have on recruiting. He went on to mention when the 12th game was added they started thinking about adding another game before Christmas. It just so happened that Moore was the first AD he contacted about the possibility.

*Both Moore and Saban had comments about this game. Moore said the success of the FSU game really helped lead this game coming up again and getting done with little time. (considering how long it takes for OOC games to be set at times.) Saban said it's a great experience for the fans and he loves the idea of playing national games like this one especially with the exposure it brings for the program.

*The final schedule should be released today...Western Kentucky will fill the final slot with a game on the 13th of September.

*Bowden, trying to follow in the footsteps of his father I assume, tried to quip about Dabo being from Alabama and on his staff...went on to say he hasn't stopped celebrating the game being finalized.

------

More orange...another Tiger team...God, please make me color blind!

Along with ClemPson, here's a bit of homework ladies, gents, and others.

I live around a lot of these fans and when I do delve into a little friendly banter the one statement that always confuses them is "Clemson, the school Bama built."

There are a few good facts behind that statement...care to guess?

And, FWIW, this isn't the only Kick-Off classic game we've played.

Who, and who won?

I will have to offer my place to Porterhouse since I always crash at his place for the opening game every year!

I am excited about this since Bama does not play around here much! Hell kickoff of the season in Atlanta, then we play the leghumpers in Athens a few weeks later!

I am going to work one of my old bosses for use of his suite for this game, wish me luck and 20 of my closest friends may join me :D

TerryP said:

I live around a lot of these fans and when I do delve into a little friendly banter the one statement that always confuses them is "Clemson, the school Bama built."

Who, and who won?

Ohio State and Bama won.

I'm guessing that Frank Howard has more than a little bit to do with Klempson beingt the school that Bama built.

I remember Bama playing Ohio State in a kickoff classic type game back in the eighties, the year Derrick Thomas was a freshman.

Atlanta_Tider said:
I will have to offer my place to Porterhouse since I always crash at his place for the opening game every year!

I am excited about this since Bama does not play around here much! Hell kickoff of the season in Atlanta, then we play the leghumpers in Athens a few weeks later!

I am going to work one of my old bosses for use of his suite for this game, wish me luck and 20 of my closest friends may join me :D

Good luck, and I promise I won't bring any Pabst! :D Bud Light all the way!

TerryP said:

Who, and who won?

Charlie Pell and Danny Ford both was their HC at one time, both Bama Boys, and Danny won a MNC there.

Bama Bo said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

A setup like that calls for a seal to be broken--of course, Mr. JJ sir, ole buddy, ole pal's preference.

Bama Bo said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

I have since switched to Coors light my friend!

Howard's Rock.
Tiger Paw and Hootie.
Charlie Pell.
Danny Ford.

Any others?

Some of you may recall Tommy coached at Bama for a bit as well...'87-'89.

Of course, Dabo is there now...but, we'll leave him out of this one.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Bama Bo said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

I have since switched to Coors light my friend!

I can do Coors Light. :wink:

(all you have to do is pore out half the bud light, and fill it back up with water, and BAM! Coors Light)

I think I'm gonna score tickets to Dragon Con and just waste the whole day downtown. If anyone goes to looking for me at the game, I'll be the one dressed like Darth Vader. :lol:

252BAMA said:
TerryP said:

Who, and who won?

Ohio State and Bama won.

Yup.

I went to that game in East Rutherford, NJ at the Meadowlands. I believe it was '86? I was working up in NYC at the time and six of my friends from Bama came up to attend. Perkins was coach and Shula wa QB. I attended the game with my CEO at the time who was sort of a VIP Bama grad. He was able to get us access to a pre-game function at the Sheraton where the team was staying. Got to meet them all. Very fond memories.

By the way, the Ohio State fans were great. Some of the classiest I've ever been around.

Back
Top Bottom