Fellow Metal Heads

My hearing aids help but I still have trouble even when it comes to conversations.

I am practically deaf in my right ear. The largest contributing factor is that I was standing practically inside a 6' Sunn side fill horn speaker when our lead guitarist launched into the main solo of "You Got Another Thing Coming" by Priest. Each guitar was running through a pair of these and the sound man was manually pushing them up for the solos. It literally felt like someone slapped me in the side of the head with a 2x4

I am practically deaf in my right ear. The largest contributing factor is that I was standing practically inside a 6' Sunn side fill horn speaker when our lead guitarist launched into the main solo of "You Got Another Thing Coming" by Priest. Each guitar was running through a pair of these and the sound man was manually pushing them up for the solos. It literally felt like someone slapped me in the side of the head with a 2x4
Same dude.. If I'm laying on my left side while watching TV I can't hear shit. It sucks man, that's one huge regret of mine, because I'll never get that back.

Mine is a bit different. Back when I was really young (so young to the point I was still breathing thru my ears and not .y nose yet)I got sick. The germs got in my ears and damaged the nerves. Thru life any loud noises affected it. I got thru school OK but had to sit at the front of class in high school. It wasn't till after graduation I started going to concerts all the time. After a few years of that I finally had toget some hearing aids.

Onthe bright side,if I'm ina noisy environment or someone is really annoying, Ijust turn them off and enjoy some peace and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom