| FTBL Fanuzzi

bama1289

Verified Member
Do yall think theres any possibility of Fanuzzi taking over next year? I know its a long shot but, one of my friends is a wide receiver on the scout team. He said that Fanuzzi is a better passer and scrambler than JPW and McCelroy.

I'd love to see Fannuzi and Jackson get a substantial amount of playing time next season. Fannuzi distinctly reminds me of a lesser version of Tim Tebow. The build, the athleticism.

unless jpw does a lot of improvement he will not start next year. you must be willing to take a hit in order to compleat a pass , and jpw is not willing to do that. if he is protected he is great. sometimes the protecttion will break down, and when it does jpw is clueless.

bamatorrie said:
unless jpw does a lot of improvement he will not start next year. you must be willing to take a hit in order to compleat a pass , and jpw is not willing to do that. if he is protected he is great. sometimes the protecttion will break down, and when it does jpw is clueless.

If thats the case why wouldnt CNS bench him when he was struggling so bad? I bet he sticks with him for next year.

Fanuzzi will have to show complete confidence in and understanding of "the process" in order to have a shot at a start. He'll also have to out perform an experienced Senior in practices. Based on his video from HS, he has lots of talent, but I think CNS expects a total buy in of what he's selling before you can get your shot. There's a lot of weight to be lifted between now and August '08.

I would love to see Fanuzzi get a shot. It's all up to him honestly, because come spring...I believe the position is wide open.

BAMA-FREAK said:
bamatorrie said:

If thats the case why wouldnt CNS bench him when he was struggling so bad? I bet he sticks with him for next year.

Because the end result of the “process” is to have Bama return to national prominence, not to win 7 or 8 games in ’07 and it’s not to beat the barn. Sticking a young, green (and a little hobbled in Fanuzzi’s case) QB like McElroy or Fanuzzi out there in a bad situation could do irreparable damage to their futures. I think he is holding these guys out until they have a full grasp of the offense and he knows they will be successful.

BTW, I think if JPW is not starting QB next year, it might just mean that Zack Stoudt is.

Tider 27 said:
I would love to see Fanuzzi get a shot. It's all up to him honestly, because come spring...I believe the position is wide open.

My feelings exactly. There will be A LOT more competition next year for pt and that will bring better play on the field.

You have to keep in mind that JPW and McElroy were not recruited for this offense, by this staff. Fanuzzi was, and is bigger and faster, and from a friend who is in the Tide Pride group (Huntsville) that gets to go to closed practices has told me, its clear Fannuzi will be better once he learns whats going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if McElroy transfers someplace better for him, JPW is the starter and they play musical QBs, like UF in 2006, with JPW and Fannuzi. Or maybe even Fannuzi (Leak) and Jackson (Tebow).

RollTideRandy said:
BAMA-FREAK said:
bamatorrie said:

Because the end result of the “process” is to have Bama return to national prominence, not to win 7 or 8 games in ’07 and it’s not to beat the barn. Sticking a young, green (and a little hobbled in Fanuzzi’s case) QB like McElroy or Fanuzzi out there in a bad situation could do irreparable damage to their futures. I think he is holding these guys out until they have a full grasp of the offense and he knows they will be successful.

BTW, I think if JPW is not starting QB next year, it might just mean that Zack Stoudt is.

He is Peytonesque in the pocket and has the strongest Arm I have seen coming out of HS since Brodie...but I wonder why he is a 3*** player and we have not offered him.

Back
Top Bottom