| FTBL šŸˆ Fall camp: 2024: Special Micā€™d up Fall Camp Edition with Jeff Allen, Director of Sports Medicine. šŸ˜

I'd wager to say Deboer wins one within three years
I canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying this because I really dreaded for so long the day Saban would retire, but I think we have as good a chance as anyone else to win the Natty this year. If we can avoid injuries in the secondary, at ILB, and with WR Bernard specifically, I think our chances are as good as last year. I think the systems being installed on both offense and defense are of the sort that donā€™t require much time to learn. And every pundit keeps talking about the youth of our DBs being a weakness, and rightly so, but I havenā€™t heard anyone give proper attention to the quality of our pass rushers, which I think will make coverage easier for our young and thin secondary. We have edge rushers for days, which is the ideal compliment for a suspect secondary.

CKD won the offseason. You may not be wrong and I hope you are not. For me time and performance on the field will tell. Let the team play some games.....
We are right back to what I don't understand. I just don't get it. 104 and 12. Isn't that the numbers?

You are telling me I am supposed to take a pessimistic view on a proven winner?

Where does this come from? With the talent Alabama has on hand, right now?

I don't get it. Why?

I canā€™t believe Iā€™m saying this because I really dreaded for so long the day Saban would retire, but I think we have as good a chance as anyone else to win the Natty this year. If we can avoid injuries in the secondary, at ILB, and with WR Bernard specifically, I think our chances are as good as last year. I think the systems being installed on both offense and defense are of the sort that donā€™t require much time to learn. And every pundit keeps talking about the youth of our DBs being a weakness, and rightly so, but I havenā€™t heard anyone give proper attention to the quality of our pass rushers, which I think will make coverage easier for our yoAung and thin secondary. We have edge rushers for days, which is the ideal compliment for a suspect secondary.
Ya ought to hear what I'm hearing.

I said it months ago. The attitude in the building. The team may not see a title. LANK is going to resonate. No. Let me change that. LANK is resonating. ALL the programs...

Aight. Gotta put something out here that I want you guys to think about.

Helmet communication. With DeBoer and Sheridan.

It's a two, sometimes three read playbook.

Here's is my question.

Is Sheridan in the box? Or, on the sidelines?

Aight...y'all go on about your day. šŸ™ƒ

Helmet communication. With DeBoer and Sheridan.
A major reason why I remarked earlier to someone else that we should expect an accelerated acclimation to this new offense. The QB has traditionally been a choke point for offensive changes. The new communication rules has mitigated that limitation. Now of course this applies to opposing offenses and QBs too. But give me a QB with Milroeā€™s skill set and stature ANY DAY with helmet comms paired with DeBoer, Sheridan, Shepherd, a good OL, and great skill players, we should be able to trade TDs with anyone in the country!

A major reason why I remarked earlier to someone else that we should expect an accelerated acclimation to this new offense. The QB has traditionally been a choke point for offensive changes. The new communication rules has mitigated that limitation. Now of course this applies to opposing offenses and QBs too. But give me a QB with Milroeā€™s skill set and stature ANY DAY with helmet comms paired with DeBoer, Sheridan, Shepherd, a good OL, and great skill players, we should be able to trade TDs with anyone in the country!
Last season, under Rees and Saban, I said Jalen will be in NYC.

NOW? I believe that to a greater degree. It won't shock me, at all, if he brings another trophy to Tuscaloosa: another Heisman.

If it is starting to "click" with Jalen like I am hearing it is? I can see this offense scoring 70 TD's this season.

@musso there are a lot of different things to consider with the new communication. I need to read the rules to get a clear understanding. I think they are automatically "killed" with fifteen seconds on the snap clock. I'm not sure.

This is where the waters get muddy. "The snap clock." BUT, when is the snap?

Let's assume the offense can get the ball snapped within say, 10 seconds. Wouldn't that also mean that as he's taking the snap he's hearing the input from the box? I don't know the rules on how this is going to work.

I do believe the value of having a good OC in the box is going to matter. Kiffin and Sark are great at calling plays from the sideline. But, I'm not sure that will have the same "value."

We'll see.

But, I'm not sure that will have the same "value."
Curious what you mean by ā€œvalueā€ because I too can certainly see Kiffin and Sark thriving with helmet comms to their QBs.

Random thought: I wonder if helmet comms was motivated at all by the diminished enjoyment of college coaching and their flight to the NFL to escape the college portal and NIL shit. I ask because it definitely returns coaches back at the forefront after so many changes in the game have either made coaches irrelevant, interchangeable or simply too busy to matter.

What an impressive guy, in every way. As bummed as I was to lose Grubbs, I canā€™t say enough how excited I am about having Sheridan and Shepherd. Had DeBoer retained Grubbs, we probably would have lost Sheridan and/or Shepherd sooner rather than later anyway. And then probably lose Grubbs in a year or two also lol. Losing Grubbs and elevating the other two probably purchased us a little longer coaching continuity on offense.

What an impressive guy, in every way. As bummed as I was to lose Grubbs, I canā€™t say enough how excited I am about having Sheridan and Shepherd. Had DeBoer retained Grubbs, we probably would have lost Sheridan and/or Shepherd sooner rather than later anyway. And then probably lose Grubbs in a year or two also lol. Losing Grubbs and elevating the other two probably purchased us a little longer coaching continuity on offense.
Sheridan will most likely have a short leashā€¦ or he will present options to CKD and he will decide the call..at least for a little while..

Back
Top Bottom