| FTBL šŸˆ Fall camp: 2024: Special Micā€™d up Fall Camp Edition with Jeff Allen, Director of Sports Medicine. šŸ˜

Jam Miller is going to be a monster on 3rd downs.
I may be wrong. But, I don't see it this way, this season.

@UAgrad93 Tell me how this isn't the "Fun and Gun?" It's a two, three read progression going to a specific area of the field.

I'd have to go back to the presser to give you the quote. SIC. The receiver is supposed to be there, then. The ball will be.

There are a lot different athletes on the field today. But, I can't escape thinking this is Spurrier in the mid '90's...but, it's a bit of a different version due to the QB.

Caleb Odom

Should have added this, but this is why the staff saw so much value in Odom at WR... he's athletic and fast enough to do what is asked out there, but tall enough (legitimate 6'5") to do what others can't... they put a high value on size at the WR spot. There will be plenty of mismatch opportunities for Sheridan & Co. there...

Should have added this, but this is why the staff saw so much value in Odom at WR... he's athletic and fast enough to do what is asked out there, but tall enough (legitimate 6'5") to do what others can't... they put a high value on size at the WR spot. There will be plenty of mismatch opportunities for Sheridan & Co. there...
That clip of his catch reminded me of Kyle Pitts when he was at Florida. Dudes catch radius was insane, he made one against us in the championship game that showed that off. His ability to high point a ball, and just snag it out of the air was impressive. His vertical was also really really good as well, add that on top of his size.... and we saw what he could do. I think Odom can provide that for us as well, and I'm excited to watch him this season whenever he gets his opportunity.
Also, going back to Pitts. I wish he'd start playing to that level this year for the falcon's. They desperately need it. I don't think I can take another year like the last couple. I don't think I can take too many more losing seasons.
GettyImages-84109447.jpg

Last edited:
A few more notes from the last few days...

-Several starters were held out of Sunday's (open) practice to recover from Saturday's scrimmage. It was a good opportunity for a handful of other guys to get much more work with the 1's, on both sides of the ball. But more importantly, it shows that this staff has a good understanding that it's a LONG season in the SEC... and they've placed an emphasis on making sure some of the key pieces on this team are healthy and ready to go on Saturdays.

-Hearing good things on G/C Geno VanDeMark... will be a valuable piece to have with his versatility off the bench.

-The right tackle spot should be fine either way it ends up, but the sooner either Wilkin Formby or Elijah Pritchett take hold of that spot, the better (my money remains on Formby)... I still think the battle will last into the early part of the season at least, but hopefully not. It's a good problem to have there though, with the bonus that either can slide over and play left tackle if need be.

-Redshirt freshman WR Cole Adams is making noise and has positioned himself well in terms of significant playing time. As mentioned in an earlier reply, freshman Caleb Odom's size and athletic ability will get him on the field. He's still learning, but he's a valuable weapon.

-From an earlier post on page 1:
As for one change in scheme to look for under the new staff... for the first time since Sarkisian was calling plays, Bama will have a dangerous and respectable screen game again. You'll also see guys get better coached on getting separation, get schemed open, and be more physical again. This is an offense that WR's (and QB's) can thrive in. [note: a robust and dynamic screen game with lots of motion and shifts... keep in mind that DeBoer's mentor is Jeff Tedford, who was/is one of the best in the game as using those things to exploit weaknesses in a defense]
There was a lot in that original post, and I don't want this to get lost in the wash. The screen game under DeBoer will be robust and dangerous, and that brings a smile to my face. It's easy to forget what a weapon a well-oiled screen game was under Sarkisian, especially after O'Brien turned it to complete shit with what was one of the worst attempts of a screen offense I've ever witnessed. This roster has weapons at receiver who can be used a number of ways.... and while they don't have the preferred size (overall) yet that DeBoer desires, they don't lack speed and athleticism. A guy like Kendrick Law? He can really do some damage in space, but he ain't the only one.

-It's not something that will be used often other than short yardage and goal line, but Milroe and the QB's have been working from under center some. You need a yard, with those 3 bulldozers in the middle of the OL? It would be coaching malpractice to not have a package ready...

-As for Milroe, the battle this August continues to be knowing and understanding what to do, when to do it. Repeating myself here (again) but a lot is predicated on reading the defense at the line and making the right decisions there before the ball is ever snapped. He's a smart kid and I'm confident he will get to where he needs to be, but it doesn't happen overnight. Still a work in progress, as expected. And still a very good situation as far as the QB situation overall.

-You will hear the offensive staff talk about this a lot, but the focus of this offense under DeBoer is explosive plays (margin), red zone scoring, and protecting the football (turnover margin). Personally, I'm interested in seeing how well they operate in the red zone.

I will add some defensive notes later this week...

Hopefully, in the end of the game there is A LOT LESS CLEAN JERSYS AND MORE GUYS ACTUALLY NEEDING SHOWERSā€¦Thatā€™s one way to keep injuries down, is better rotationā€¦We have a lot of talentā€¦ I hope this staff finds a way to get these 4 and 5 stars in the games.., Not just late in the 4th quarter or when we are blowing people out..

Back
Top Bottom