| FTBL Ed Orgeron directly implicated in LSU sexual misconduct case as more Derrius Guice allegations emerge

Former LSU Tigers and Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice had criminal domestic violence charges dismissed Wednesday, but more allegations have emerged, according to a report published Friday by the Baton Rouge (La.) Advocate. Three more women have come forward in the Title IX lawsuit against LSU in regards to the university's mishandling of sexual misconduct allegations, adding to the accusations against Guice.

The updated complaints also add LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron as a defendant for failing to report a rape allegation properly.

According to the lawsuit, former LSU student Ashlyn Robertson alleges Guice raped her while she was incapacitated at a party and later bragged about the sexual act to the football team. Robertson says her boyfriend, an unnamed LSU football recruit, learned of the sexual assault and approached Orgeron about it.

"Orgeron responded by telling Robertson's boyfriend to not be upset because 'everybody's girlfriend sleeps with other people,'" the lawsuit says, according to the Advocate.

Guice was arrested in August 2020 on domestic violence charges, including one count of strangulation, a felony. The report stated that Guice was also charged with three counts of assault and battery and one count of destruction of property. Washington released him shortly after the news of the arrest surfaced.

Weeks after his arrest, Guice was accused by two former LSU students of sexual assault during his days with the Tigers in college. And then again in mid-December, details emerged in a Title IX case against the LSU football program and its handling of allegations of sexual assault. The school announced in March that Guice's name and records will be wiped from LSU's football history. He's also been accused of sexually harassing a 70-year-old security guard at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome during his time at LSU.

Yet other than Penn State, no other program has received severe penalties for multiple rape and sexual assaults which show systemic issues at those universities. Girls shouldn’t have to fear being sexually assaulted and raped by their classmates.
While I agree with you 10000% on this. I think what was the kicker with Penn St, was the fact of Sandusky being a coach on the staff. One of the leaders and someone that was supposed to be the person a student could trust, was the person committing the heinous acts against the students.

In the other mentioned institutions, it was student on student. Not that it is any better, it is still wrong. I just think the fact that it was a faculty member, played a greater role in the decisions made by the NCAA, coupled with the fact that this was unchartered territory when it came to penalties.

While I agree with you 10000% on this. I think what was the kicker with Penn St, was the fact of Sandusky being a coach on the staff. One of the leaders and someone that was supposed to be the person a student could trust, was the person committing the heinous acts against the students.

In the other mentioned institutions, it was student on student. Not that it is any better, it is still wrong. I just think the fact that it was a faculty member, played a greater role in the decisions made by the NCAA, coupled with the fact that this was unchartered territory when it came to penalties.
And ..... to add a footnote.... it was reported to the HC that really didnt take appropriate action....

Back
Top Bottom