| FOOD Do you eat hot dogs? If so, ya might want to avoid opening this thread.

The hate is so strong. At a buck-fifty a can, do you think they're actually losing money on you, is that their cost, or did they fat finger the 1.50 instead of 2.50? How much do you normally spend for a 24 ounce can?
It's a '2 for $' deal at every store I can think of except some independently owned. Bud, Yuengling, Bud Light, Coors Light ... all of them run at 2 for $4.50. I don't know how the singles are priced: they aren't. I believe Parker's has a single, 24 oz can of Yuengling for $2.95. I think this store has it priced as 1 for $2.97 or 2 for $2.97.

I noticed this same store is asking for $3.98 for two boiled eggs. $2.00 for a banana.

It's a '2 for $' deal at every store I can think of except some independently owned. Bud, Yuengling, Bud Light, Coors Light ... all of them run at 2 for $4.50. I don't know how the singles are priced: they aren't. I believe Parker's has a single, 24 oz can of Yuengling for $2.95. I think this store has it priced as 1 for $2.97 or 2 for $2.97.

I noticed this same store is asking for $3.98 for two boiled eggs. $2.00 for a banana.

What a convenience - a la carte bananas.

I just bought a 24 ounce beer and 16 ounce single (Corona and Coors Light, respectively) for the first time in a good while Friday evening at the Town and Country Texaco in Cropwell. My wife and I had gone out on the boat late that afternoon, not intending to putter about and end up sunset watching, and we'd both just taken one drink with us. A narrow slough ends at their boat ramp, with a little place to tie up. I made a run to grab some singles and get her a non-beer drink. It tided us over.

RTR,

Tim

They must sell the best bananas to get 2$ a piece...dang

What a convenience - a la carte bananas.
On a different note, in the last year or so I read an article about a Korean based store that sells bananas based on ripeness. In a package of six you'd find one that's green and one that's ready to eat with the other four in various stages of becoming ripe.
They must sell the best bananas to get 2$ a piece...dang
"That's banana's." A phrase used to describe someone or something that's considered crazy.

Paying two dollars a piece for a banana? That's banana's.

On a different note, in the last year or so I read an article about a Korean based store that sells bananas based on ripeness. In a package of six you'd find one that's green and one that's ready to eat with the other four in various stages of becoming ripe.

"That's banana's." A phrase used to describe someone or something that's considered crazy.

Paying two dollars a piece for a banana? That's banana's.
Sometimes...."we" get bananas...

Back
Top Bottom