| FTBL PRE-GAME THREAD: Alabama visits Mississippi State Saturday night.

They can throw the ball 60-65 times a game and we have little to no pass rush it's a concern. Also rushing the QB this many times a game will exhaust a D-line. They were off last week so should be fresh.
I'm thinking more of will throw 60 to 65 times, Rogers was 46/59 for 408 against aTm.. they only ran the ball 17 times. Of course they do throw a lot of short swing passes to the RB's that are really a toss sweep kind of running play.

IMO, this game will tell us how the rest of the season plays out. Saban's tone this week has me a tad apprehensive about things, but we will see. He made sure to mention twice yesterday that players need to create value for themselves and for the team and that if you don't create value for the team then you're not doing so for yourself either. He didn't emphasize that for no reason. Earlier in the week, Will Anderson didn't nearly turn the podium to dust when asked about what his message was to the team after the loss was for no reason either. Will those messages be received? I don't know, but we will find out Saturday night. If the answer is no though, then I very seriously doubt this team ever gets it at this point.

Haven’t said much since the debacle last Saturday. I’ve lost a lot of my good feelings I had about this year’s team.

I had apparently too much confidence in some DBs and some defensive linemen. I also damn sure over estimated certain elements on the offensive line

The prevailing opinion seems to be there may be some great epiphany concerning attitude that will make this team better than what we saw on the field in College Station. I hope that is the case but I am not sure that will happen or even if that will be enough. I see the same players making the same mistakes, consistently out of position, poor blocking technique and particularly troubling to me is the center can’t seem to snap the ball with a consistent technique from play to play

Call it chemistry or recipe or gelling or leadership or whatever but it just seems to me there may be deeper issues than can be fixed with some motivational speeches and pledges to do better

I am not as confident going to Starkville as I have been most every trip under CNS

Hope I’m wrong. Hope I eat crow. Roll Tide beat bully’s ass

Magic is not going to happen after one week of saying and doing the right things. I would expect them to be incrementally better which will likely be enough. If they play cleaner (no turnovers to start) they will likely win just may be much closer game than we desire.

I didn't have any great expectations on this team like I have had in the past but I really didn't expect them to lose to aTm. Now, I don't know if they will win out, lose a couple more games or what.
I guess that this just isn't the year for "next man up".

I didn't have any great expectations on this team like I have had in the past but I really didn't expect them to lose to aTm. Now, I don't know if they will win out, lose a couple more games or what.
I guess that this just isn't the year for "next man up".
Just not going to become a genius on D ....
And offense not 2020 to bail D out....
Been obvious.....

Haven’t said much since the debacle last Saturday. I’ve lost a lot of my good feelings I had about this year’s team.

I had apparently too much confidence in some DBs and some defensive linemen. I also damn sure over estimated certain elements on the offensive line

The prevailing opinion seems to be there may be some great epiphany concerning attitude that will make this team better than what we saw on the field in College Station. I hope that is the case but I am not sure that will happen or even if that will be enough. I see the same players making the same mistakes, consistently out of position, poor blocking technique and particularly troubling to me is the center can’t seem to snap the ball with a consistent technique from play to play

Call it chemistry or recipe or gelling or leadership or whatever but it just seems to me there may be deeper issues than can be fixed with some motivational speeches and pledges to do better

I am not as confident going to Starkville as I have been most every trip under CNS

Hope I’m wrong. Hope I eat crow. Roll Tide beat bully’s ass

Aight. I’m here to eat the crow, gladly. I still have concerns but helluva game overall

Back
Top Bottom