| FTBL Did anyone on here buy Vandy season tix?

G

It seems like someone did...reger was that you? :)

I don't know how to anticipate Saturday's crowd. The ticket article posted and other comments I hear pretty much state there will be just as much if not more crimson there than gold.

Has anyone ever been to a Vandy home game vs. Alabama? It seems like in the past we've had as many fans as them. Then again, maybe that was just TV making it appear that way. It ought to be interesting.

It wasn't me. I usually end up going to to a couple Vandy games a year thanks to freebies. I'll be there for this one too.

I have been to see Bama play at Vandy the last two times we came up and the crowd mix was easily 70-30 in favor of Bama the last time we were here. I sat in the Vandy student section then and MOST of the people sitting around me were Bama fans.

The word I'm getting from EVERYBODY this season is that this year it will be even worse for Vandy than usual.

This game has been sold out for over a month and when single game tickets when on sale they were gone in 1/2 hour. On the radio last night, they were giving away five pairs of tickets for the game and the announcers (104.5) agreed that thanks to the hoard of Bama fans coming to town that this was easily the toughest ticket in years in Nashville.

Expect this to be as close a thing to a home game as can be outside the great state of Alabama.

If I remember correctly. My last attendence to a Bama visiting Vandy game....Bama seemed to outnumbered the home. It was probably at least 60/40. I think it will be 75/25 this time around. I will proudly be sitting in the Vandy section with my entourage.

my ambition, one of these years, is to buy barn season tickets to get in their home game with Bama, and turning the remainder of the tickets over to the most raucous, obnoxious anti Auburn person I could find. But wait, that would be me, and there's no way I am going to all of those games at the barn.

psychojoe said:
my ambition, one of these years, is to buy barn season tickets to get in their home game with Bama, and turning the remainder of the tickets over to the most raucous, obnoxious anti Auburn person I could find. But wait, that would be me, and there's no way I am going to all of those games at the barn.

Just give them to me and a Jersey for every team they play that year and I will be the biggest fan of whoever it is they are playing that week. Unless they play Tennessee, then I will just wear my Bama stuff and tell them that they both suck!

psychojoe said:

I bought aubrun season tickets the first year we played down there, and sold the rest so that the Bama ticket cost me about $50. I'll not directly support them again. Shoot, I won't even buy gas in Lee County.

RTR,

Tim

reger60 said:
Expect this to be as close a thing to a home game as can be outside the great state of Alabama.

I went to the '92 Tulane game in the Superdome and it was a very loud and very partisan Bama crowd. When they got down close to scoring, the Green Wave QB looked to the ref for help with the crowd noise. It was hilarious to watch him shrug with a "you're the home team" look.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
reger60 said:

I went to the '92 Tulane game in the Superdome and it was a very loud and very partisan Bama crowd. When they got down close to scoring, the Green Wave QB looked to the ref for help with the crowd noise. It was hilarious to watch him shrug with a "you're the home team" look.

RTR,

Tim

I remember watching that one on TV and remember that incident specifically. That was pretty funny.

I bought season tix.

The last Bama/Vandy game I was at there was in 1999, and honestly, I don't remember! I was overwhelmed by the whole day. We were in the Vandy section, of course...but it's anecdotally said that this game is like another home game for Bama - there will be TONS of us there. There are TONS of Bama fans in Nashville - I can't count how many BAMA tags I see every day. I want to give every one of 'em a honk and a wave! :lol: Anyway, there will be plenty of crimson in the stands. My shirt is clean and ready to go, and my H is wearing my jersey. Thattaboy!

psychojoe said:
Which one of you would you gave the tickets too?

rammajamma said:
psychojoe said:

Just give them to me and a Jersey for every team they play that year and I will be the biggest fan of whoever it is they are playing that week. Unless they play Tennessee, then I will just wear my Bama stuff and tell them that they both suck!

Hey! You are my kind of fan. My two favorite teams are Bama and whoever is playing the barn.

When the barn and the viles play my wish is that duringthe game a geological fault line will emerge in the midst of the stadium, swallowing both teams.

I have been to the last 2 Bama vs Vandy games in Nashville, and the best i can remember, they were close to 70/30 Bama with the first one maybe being closer to 75/25. It is amazing at the number of UA fans in that area. It is also a closer game for many in North East Alabama than going to Tuscaloosa. There are also a ton of Bama fans in Chatanooga, but don't ask me why.

I attended the Vandy/Bama game in Nashville back in 99. Bama probably had 30,000 fans there. It was unreal to look around the stadium and notice the majority of fans were wearing 'red'. It was a hard fought game. Vandy gave a good Bama team all they wanted. I had the fortune of seating in Vandy section right above the Bama bench. They were giving it to DuBose. "For twenty bucks you can sleep with my secretary!"

I know two co-workers who bought the Vandy Season tickets for $99 a seat, just with the intentions of going to the Bama game. They will probably be giving the rest away or trying to sell them on stubhub.

Back
Top Bottom