| BSB/SB CWS Finals: LSU wins 7th National Title

Hate it ended like that, but really proud of this team... the most fun I've had watching Bama baseball in a good while. They had every reason to fold up after the Bohannon stuff, instead, they turned it up a notch and played their best baseball. The team was basically down a coach (which is a pretty big deal for a game, much less several weeks) and 2 weekend starters, and they still went out there and threw some haymakers down the stretch and in the postseason. The leadership on this team was pretty remarkable... Seidl, Williamson, Jarvis, and several others... hat is off to them for keeping things on the tracks. Jason Jackson also deserves a lot of credit... stepped into a really tough situation and pushed the right buttons. He's going to land a good job out of all this.

Now, Byrne needs to finalize a really good hire... and that could happen really soon (and needs to if for no other reason than poaching season is officially open, and Bama has several who will be heavily courted... starting with Shelton). Hopefully, most of the key bats and key arms will stick around... there's a lot of young talent in the pen that can/will develop into a top shelf staff. 1-9, the lineup is going to look considerably different in 2024, but the pitching staff should be a strength if the key guys can be retained. With today's college sports though, that's a really big IF.

Side note, not sure I've ever seen a game at the college or pro level where a team scored over 20 runs and had zero substitutions (other than pitching). I don't care much for their style. but they're legit. I doubt they'll win it all (this series kind of felt like their CWS), but they've got the roster to do it.

Agreed @Brandon Van de Graaff !! Byrne needs to make a BIG impact hire and get the kids we have on roster now, locked in for another season. Shelton needs to be priority 1, with Davis II 1b to stay in the fold.
You mentioned earlier the likeness between WF and the Viles from last year, A LOT of likenesses!!!! Arrogance beyond belief!!! I know they play in a band box, but when it was out of hand, their coach should’ve made some changes in the field. He was padding stats at that point. I imagine that has been his MO this season. What comes around, goes around! They do have some talent, but I too think they don’t win it all.

Back
Top Bottom