| FTBL Congrats Glen Coffee!!!!

A 1,000-yard season is somewhat a diluted stat nowadays - what with seasons going 11, or 12, or 13 (and in our case this year 14) games deep.

That said, it is impressive that Coffee achieved this feat in only 10 games - and sharing the carries in many games (like not even having the most carries of our RBs in the Tennessee game). Looks like, barring injury, he could reach 1,250-to-1,400 yards this year. Good job by what I understand is a good young man.

Patting myself on the back here, but ever since watching him in the game we played at South Carolina in 2005 I have been a Coffee fan. Glad to see too that he has worked on that fumbling-thingy he had earlier. Watch how high and tight he carries the ball now. (Knocking on my dead-wood head as I type.)

cjaytch said:
TerryP said:
psychojoe said:
Darby in 2004 and 2005.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=136364

For fun, who else among Alabama runners, has more than one 1000 yard season?

I'll play...

Shaun
Bobby
and Musso are the only ones I can think of...

What about Siran Stacy?

I thought about him. I know he broke the 1000 yard mark in Curry's last year but I think, THINK, he missed it in Stallings second year when we had Stacy, Lassic, Turner and Anderson running the ball.

I *THINK* he missed it by less than 50 yards...may be wrong, but that's why I didn't include him.

That sticks out to me because I'm thinking it was the same with Dennis Riddle. I recall their years as rushing leaders being very, very close to each other in net yards.

Terry, I'm pretty sure you are right about Stacy. I know he had a huge year in 1989, went down with a knee pretty early in 1990, and shared carries so much in 1991 that he didn't get to 1000. Stallings always did like to use lots of backs.

Musso, Humphrey and Alexander were the three I had in mind.

Coffee is a machine! Congrats Glenn you deserve it!

Anybody else read the story on him and how he gave his life to Christ before this season? Things that make you go hmmmmm! :)

Jesus and Coffee go together like a hand and a glove!

Roll Tide Rev said:
Coffee is a machine! Congrats Glenn you deserve it!

Anybody else read the story on him and how he gave his life to Christ before this season? Things that make you go hmmmmm! :)

Jesus and Coffee go together like a hand and a glove!

That's nice to know, Rev. I had not heard that. 'Course, I live in LSU territory. You know, the Wilderness.:shock:

Yes there was a story on the Alabama vs Ole Miss program I got at the game this year. he said that nothing has changed. His work ethics, weight, training, etc. is all the same. The only difference is that now he is playing for God instead of himself. :)

Bamatilldeath said:
Congrats to Coffee...he was perculating!!
He carried a heavy load without Upchurch available.
Yes & he carried that load with a big time bruised arm......had to hurt like the dickens every time he was hit on it. Had a pad on to help protect it, but still had to be rough. IMO, Glenn has really stepped up this year.

Back
Top Bottom