| FTBL College Gameday to ATL Aug. 30th?

G

From Tony Barnhart of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution...

1. College Game Day coming to the ATL? The folks at ESPN like to keep their options open and insist no decision has been made. But I’m hearing that the College Game Day boys are coming to Atlanta on Aug. 30 as part of the run-up to the Clemson-Alabama game at the Georgia Dome. That’s going to be a fun weekend of football around here. Georgia Tech plays Jacksonville State (and Ryan Perrilloux) on Thursday, Aug. 28. There will be plenty of high school football on Friday. Georgia will play Georgia Southern in the afternoon (I’m guessing) on Aug. 30 in Athens with Clemson-Alabama as the nightcap back in Atlanta.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfb/entries/2008/05/19/college_game_da.html

There's a pretty good chance of this happening. Recruiting as a back ground story, Clemson's pre-season ranking and the venue itself.

Other games that I've seen that could be possibilities:

• USC vs Virginia
  • App St vs LSU (good story line with two defending champs along with the upset of Michigan last year.)
  • Illinois at Mizzou (should be a good game)
  • Hawaii vs Florida (unlikely, but you never know)

I'd think, it would be between our game and the LSU contest with USCw coming in a 3rd option.

TerryP said:
There's a pretty good chance of this happening. Recruiting as a back ground story, Clemson's pre-season ranking and the venue itself.

• USC vs Virginia
  • App St vs LSU (good story line with two defending champs along with the upset of Michigan last year.)

I'd think, it would be between our game and the LSU contest with USCw coming in a 3rd option.

Do you think if they come to ATL they will talk about Saban and his 4mil a year and how he wronged Miami? I know that is still breaking news and all. :)

Rolling Tide said:
TerryP said:

• USC vs Virginia

Do you think if they come to ATL they will talk about Saban and his 4mil a year and how he wronged Miami? I know that is still breaking news and all. :)

I don't recall any of the actual Game Day Crew harping on that RT. At least, not during last season when teams were playing the game.

TerryP said:
Rolling Tide said:
TerryP said:

• USC vs Virginia

I don't recall any of the actual Game Day Crew harping on that RT. At least, not during last season when teams were playing the game.

Man tough crowd. I was just trying to be funny. :)

Choosing from the games listed it would most likely be the Bama game and I think it's great. I am just not into hoaxes and curses and all that crap. Also Bama will be an underdog so if we can pull a win it is that much better.

TerryP said:

• USC vs Virginia

Working against this is that fact that it is not on any one team's turf. The make a point of starting early and stressing the campus flavor. If I'm out of town and in Altanta for a football weekend, I'm in bed watching this because I'm recovering from Friday night and resting up for Saturday.

Ron Zook at Missouri is interesting, as those two rarely get the spotlight and both showed promise last year.

Florida and Hawaii is intriguing on the surface, but will likely be a stinker of a game.

USC and Virginia is in interesting intersectional match up with USC against a team that does not get the spotlight too often.

Come to think of it, I think the deciding factor will be it CNS and Bowden want it, they will go get it.

TerryP said:

• USC vs Virginia

Blasphemy! Gary Danielson will be very upset without his weekend dose of Teeeeebow! (I think CBS covers golf that weekend anyway so you may be right. I bet Gary will be in the stands since he lives in Florida though).

bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

• USC vs Virginia

Blasphemy! Gary Danielson will be very upset without his weekend dose of Teeeeebow! (I think CBS covers golf that weekend anyway so you may be right. I bet Gary will be in the stands since he lives in Florida though).

US Open tennis is what normally takes that first weekend for a lot of people watching it on TV.

I'm thinking this is going to be an ABC or ESPN game anyway...more than likely at night considering Georgia Southern faces Georgia that day. At least, that is what I'm thinking right now.

Swamptick said:
I sure hope not. As much as I love the festivity and the exposure, it never bodes well for us when those turds cover a Bama game.

I have to say I agree, we just cant get over the hump when ESPN is around with its Gameday crew.

alabama mike said:
Swamptick said:
I sure hope not. As much as I love the festivity and the exposure, it never bodes well for us when those turds cover a Bama game.

I have to say I agree, we just cant get over the hump when ESPN is around with its Gameday crew.

The first live broadcast ESPN Gameday had was in New Orleans. It just so happened to be a game where Alabama played Miami.

1994, covered Bama's win over Auburn.

In '95 covered two losses to UT and Auburn.

'96 when we defeated LSU in BR.

'01, loss to UCLA.

'02 was the 2 point loss to UGA.

'03 the close game versus OU.

'05 loss to LSU by 3.

'07 3 point loss to UGA.

What's the point? Solid coach and ESPN and GameDay don't mean a darn thing. Even in those bad times, they've played a good game despite dropping them in the end.

TerryP said:
Rolling Tide said:

RT, I was wrong. Just looking for something this morning and came across this from last year. Corso, a little past the 4:30 mark after the UT win.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uML249o6qN0&feature=related[/youtube]

Mannnnnn! Couldn't they have picked an easier game for us than a hot Clemson team straight out of the gate? Not sure right now if I want national exposure before we get the motor cranked.
:cry:

TerryP said:
alabama mike said:
Swamptick said:

The first live broadcast ESPN Gameday had was in New Orleans. It just so happened to be a game where Alabama played Miami.

'01, loss to UCLA.

'05 loss to LSU by 3.

'07 3 point loss to UGA.

What's the point? Solid coach and ESPN and GameDay don't mean a darn thing. Even in those bad times, they've played a good game despite dropping them in the end.

WOW. A 5 game, 12 year losing streak.

Swamptick said:

Quote: ALA2262 a/k/a 252BAMA
Gameday being there had NOTHING to do with Bama losing those games. Gameday goes to BIG games. Not winning BIG games had EVERYTHING to do with Bama losing those games. Reverse that and you reverse the record on Gameday.

Amen and Amen. If anything, Alabama plays way over its head in games that Gameday is around for. There is no Gameday curse...there's Alabama playing against higher ranked teams that should probably win anyway.

UCLA 2001, UGA 2002, OU 2003, LSU 2005, UGA 2007...all incredibly strong performances against teams that had light years more talent than us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by PlayerUA; Today at 10:17 AM.

TerryP said:
alabama mike said:
Swamptick said:

'01, loss to UCLA.

'05 loss to LSU by 3.

'07 3 point loss to UGA.

But I am superstitious. I even think that what I am doing during the game somehow has an effect on the outcome. Irrational? You betcha. Crazy? Absolutely. Something I can change about myself? Not in a million years despite how hard I try.

We all know the word "fan" is short for fanatic. That pretty much sums me up. I am superstitious and irrational but I can't do anything to change it desptire my most sincere efforts over the year. When the "Gameday" program comes to cover us it has not been good.

If they do come, maybe we can break the curse....that way I don't have to stand in any weird position all game long just because while I was standing that way we intercepted the ball.

shiloh said:
Mannnnnn! Couldn't they have picked an easier game for us than a hot Clemson team straight out of the gate? Not sure right now if I want national exposure before we get the motor cranked.
:cry:

Grow some....ya know. This is big boy football. It's not let's be scared to play Clemson on national tv.

Back
Top Bottom