| FTBL Coachshotseat.com

Re: Coachshoteseat.com

Porter said:
BigAl said:
Guess who's #1? I'm surprised the guy that coach's Nebraska isn't there.

Nebraska deserves 25 years of darkness for not hiring Paul Johnson (or Jim Grobe).

Paul Johnson would have been perfect....absofreakinlutely perfect.

Big_Fan said:
Porter said:
BigAl said:

Nebraska deserves 25 years of darkness for not hiring Paul Johnson (or Jim Grobe).

^^^ Understatement of the year ^^^

With the offensive players Callahan had recruited it would have taken him a year or two...but good lord, can you imagine?

Bo Pelini is at #51.

And, fwiw, Saban was up there in the top 10 before the season started according to some of the writers for that site.

TerryP said:
Big_Fan said:
Porter said:
BigAl said:

^^^ Understatement of the year ^^^

With the offensive players Callahan had recruited it would have taken him a year or two...but good lord, can you imagine?

Bo Pelini is at #51.

And, fwiw, Saban was up there in the top 10 before the season started according to some of the writers for that site.
I was going to mention that about Saban. Pelini will do well until he learns how to recruit. And so far it looks like he has not learned a whole lot.

I was one of those on the side of "his recruiting abilities are suspect" when that discussion went around and around and around over on TF. Eons ago, it seems.

I'm thinking there is going to be some shake up on that staff after this year and he replaces some of those Osbourne chose to hang on to through that transition.

Who knows...Greg Knox may be looking for a Recruiting Coordinator job. cool8)

Porter said:
BigAl said:

Seems like they were in culture shock when the program went to the pass-happy stuff. They fire the coach because (among other things) they still like the ol smash-mouthed game. So they go without hiring someone like Paul Johnson who lives and dies by running it 40 times a game?

Johnson, IMHO, would have been an almost perfect fit there.

FWIW, the call-in show phone lines up here were all about Fulmer getting the axe sooner than later.

What's up with Greg Schiano? Wasn't he a genius last season? Didn't he turn down some nice offers to stay at Rutgers?

reger60 said:
FWIW, the call-in show phone lines up here were all about Fulmer getting the axe sooner than later.

What's up with Greg Schiano? Wasn't he a genius last season? Didn't he turn down some nice offers to stay at Rutgers?

Schiano waited one year too late. His stock would fit in well on Wall St. these days. He should have hopped in the same cab with Ray Rice and gotten out of there...

porkchop said:
Porter said:
BigAl said:

Seems like they were in culture shock when the program went to the pass-happy stuff. They fire the coach because (among other things) they still like the ol smash-mouthed game. So they go without hiring someone like Paul Johnson who lives and dies by running it 40 times a game?

Johnson, IMHO, would have been an almost perfect fit there.

Yeah, a match made it heaven it would seem. I don't go to Nebraska message boards, but I would assume they probably wanted him as well. He would have been an excellent fit there. Grobe would have done really well too, IMO. Maybe when they fire Pelini in 5 years they'll get one of them then.

I all but stood out in the streets and yelled PAUL JOHNSON! at the top of my lungs. But believe it or not, the folks up here actually wanted Pelini. Bad call in my opinion. Great DC, but HC? time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom