| FTBL Coach Sarkisian's New Raise

I have no problem with anyone getting a raise but with the current situation, the UA Board of Trustees should have had another virtual meeting rescinding the motion or freezing salaries until the current situation is resolved.
You never tell a employee he's getting a raise to keep him and then freeze it. Pull that and now we're watching Saban look for an OC today instead of recruiting.

Postpone something due to something no one knew was going to happen? Come on.

Isn't that good, but schools are wanting to hire him as their head coach. Isn't that good, but Saban sees the value.

Y'all would be shitting if this was a problem in February with Sark and he wasn't here now...which would, make no mistake about this, have a bearing on Bryce Young.

Yep! If Sark were gone, then no Bryce Young. Maybe Taulia stays, but he wasn't the talent that BY is.

He was on campus back then, but I'd bet in the portal today I'd Sark had left.

Thats a stretch.... it is told...you committ to a program...not an assistant coach....who leave at drop of a hat...( see how many havve recruited so many...and are gone before they start

I don’t think nick would have a hard time finding a good OC....

If BY is at Bama because of Sark....not good
He well may be gone before BY starts a game...
Because if he is what you want at Bama as HC...then his time will be immediate...or short...dont see immediate

These guys ...assistants....are building resumes.....and good offer come along...
Regardless of money...they are gone... and miss state or colorado state...arent good offers .....

The timing is bad...programs in trouble financially....and here goes another 400-600K.... it can be done...freeze raises.... who is going to hire him...all programs in financial trouble?..
But what the hell....just spend like its Christmas....geeze

Thats a stretch.... it is told...you committ to a program...not an assistant coach....who leave at drop of a hat...( see how many havve recruited so many...and are gone before they start

I don’t think nick would have a hard time finding a good OC....

If BY is at Bama because of Sark....not good
He well may be gone before BY starts a game...
Because if he is what you want at Bama as HC...then his time will be immediate...or short...dont see immediate

These guys ...assistants....are building resumes.....and good offer come along...
Regardless of money...they are gone... and miss state or colorado state...arent good offers .....

The timing is bad...programs in trouble financially....and here goes another 400-600K.... it can be done...freeze raises.... who is going to hire him...all programs in financial trouble?..
But what the hell....just spend like its Christmas....geeze

Not really. It is the assistant coach that builds the relationship with these players. CNS just closes the deal. Coach Jimmy Fuller was responsible for recruiting me and my area when I was going through the process all those years ago. To this day, I still keep in touch with him. You have to recall now, that Sark was on the left coast while BY was coming through the ranks of junior high and starting his HS career. These kids get recruited at earlier ages now as well. I recall people being shocked that an 8th grader awhile back, had already received 10+ offers, including BAMA, and he wasn't even 15!!!! That kid, #32 Dylan Moses. Trust me, BY would've bounced into the portal and likely followed Sark had he taken an HC position.

Not really. It is the assistant coach that builds the relationship with these players. CNS just closes the deal. Coach Jimmy Fuller was responsible for recruiting me and my area when I was going through the process all those years ago. To this day, I still keep in touch with him. You have to recall now, that Sark was on the left coast while BY was coming through the ranks of junior high and starting his HS career. These kids get recruited at earlier ages now as well. I recall people being shocked that an 8th grader awhile back, had already received 10+ offers, including BAMA, and he wasn't even 15!!!! That kid, #32 Dylan Moses. Trust me, BY would've bounced into the portal and likely followed Sark had he taken an HC position.

I really doubt that..no more than Tua jumped when AC left....
And How many assistants did bama go thru from the time moses was 15 to when he signed on....

And what does Sark have that would OVER intrigue anything NS would put together...nuthin! But if he had...ok! Move on...it isnt a one person program....

And look at end of 2016 when half or more coaching staff left,..

So, no....they are committed to bama and NS....
They may be contacted and sweet talked....but bama and ns are the reasons they are at bama...

Now i agree...its nice when there is stability...see Clemson....but they are realist....
In 3 years...From whenever the next season is,... there will be 90% turnover on the staff... probably...including Sark if a program is convinced his drinking problem is corrected...bank it

I really doubt that..no more than Tua jumped when AC left....
And How many assistants did bama go thru from the time moses was 15 to when he signed on....

And look at end of 2016 when half or more coaching staff left,..

So, no....they are committed to bama and NS....
They may be contacted and sweet talked....but bama and ns are the reasons they are at bama...

Now i agree...its nice when there is stability...see Clemson....but they are realist....
In 3 years...From whenever the next season is,... there will be 90% turnover on the staff... probably...including Sark if a program is convinced his drinking problem is corrected...bank it

Good points but you don’t know just how tight BY and Sark and their families are.

It's not a stretch. You don't don't the relationship there. Especially with Sark's son on the same high school team.

I'm not given to hyperbole.
. @UAgrad93 ... i dont know the relationship...and with Sarks son....
May very well be reason he is coming to bama....or may be a part of reason..

But i know..as that family does...and many more players know....
Nick Saban....his development of players...the success and image of Bama...

Thats the draw

. @UAgrad93 ... i dont know the relationship...and with Sarks son....
May very well be reason he is coming to bama....or may be a part of reason..

But i know..as that family does...and many more players know....
Nick Saban....his development of players...the success and image of Bama...

Thats the draw

Maybe so, but with our offenses of the past, we weren't exactly getting all of the Top QBs until Sark landed Tua and BY.

I believe Sarkisian was being pursued for a few job openings and thus the pay increase was awarded in February. We might need to look at when the BOT meetings occurred, if any occurred at all from the February decision until this latest meeting. Where there any Zoom or Google meetings between then and now? Or were they just sending emails back and forth.
The timing does look poor from the outside viewpoint, but again, what was happening with the BOT during this down time? Who knows?

I agree. I think he has earned it. I just feel for those that have lost jobs within the same athletic department that their lives were depending on that $30-40,000 paycheck. Sarkesian was making that every two weeks in the form of his raise. Sad thing is, most likely neither coach nor unemployed person will be making the university any money this Fall.

I agree. I think he has earned it. I just feel for those that have lost jobs within the same athletic department that their lives were depending on that $30-40,000 paycheck. Sarkesian was making that every two weeks in the form of his raise. Sad thing is, most likely neither coach nor unemployed person will be making the university any money this Fall.

I couldn't agree more. We may get started with football season, but I won't be surprised if we don't make it thru Week 4-5.

@TerryP , you and the others might notice that I am on more today than probably the last 3-4 months. Our schools went back today, teachers only until the 20th, when our students report. @alabama mike, I don't know about y'all, but we are going to have a major number of hoops to jump through this year when it comes to our schools and the guidelines set forth by our health department and CDC. Fun times!!

@TerryP , you and the others might notice that I am on more today than probably the last 3-4 months. Our schools went back today, teachers only until the 20th, when our students report. @alabama mike, I don't know about y'all, but we are going to have a major number of hoops to jump through this year when it comes to our schools and the guidelines set forth by our health department and CDC. Fun times!!

Main thing is staying safe.....ms50+ taught for her lifetime...glad she isnt in the system anymore...

Good luck to all you guys and gals...

@UAgrad93 ...me on more too...ms50+ went shopping. hallelujah! 😂

Last edited:
Main thing is staying safe.....ms50+ taught for her lifetime...glad she isnt in the system anymore...

Good luck to all you guys and gals...

@UAgrad93 ...me on more too...ms50+ went shopping. hallelujah! 😂

This will mark my 27 1/2 year in education. It will also mark my final year. I made a promise to my youngest that I would stay until she graduated. She graduates this year from the HS. Education is definitely a calling much like a preacher. I tip my cap to your missus! My parents both spent 30+ years in education. It is often a thankless profession.

Back
Top Bottom