| FTBL Coach prime

I think they did better than expected coming off a 1-11 record the previous year. Did they tear it up? Nope but the win total went up to 4 with a boat load of transfers. Not a fan of Prime. I am interested to see how many players leave the team, how many high school recruits he gets, (I think he has 8-9 now) and who decommits from Colorado. Personally, I think 5-6 wins next year will give us a better, overall picture of the state of the Buffalo program.
I have a ton of problems with the way he conducts himself in terms the way he came into the team (the whole "I'm bringing my own luggage and it's Louie" crap) but you're not wrong. Colorado was terrible the last several years and they overachieved but it will absolutely look like a giant failure because of the way he was hyped up by fans and the media after that TCU game. I just don't think the way he wants to build teams - 90% transfer portal - is sustainable for any program, let alone a poverty program like Colorado.

What's happening is exactly what I thought would happen. He won probably one more game than I thought they would against a pathetic TCU team that fell hard from last year. Guys leaving after dealing with his pretentious BS was no surprise. Him losing his best recruit in Winston Watkins Jr after a pretty long commitment and after the fun and thrills of the season were over speaks to it all. Cormani McClain made a big mistake going that route over coming to Tuscaloosa. He'll be sacrificed just like everyone else while Deion continues to advocate for his kids and no one else outside of Travis Hunter who is a terrific talent and can survive Deion's BS. He'll keep putting "JC" on all his clothes while he continues to use kids for his personal benefit and sacrifice their future and potential. Not a man devoted to the cloth as he portrays to the public. Hopefully they wake up to his crap and don't waste their time. name gets you nowhere, it's hard work, a path, and determination. Hence why not everyone has to go to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Michigan to be a high draft pick.

What's happening is exactly what I thought would happen. He won probably one more game than I thought they would against a pathetic TCU team that fell hard from last year. Guys leaving after dealing with his pretentious BS was no surprise. Him losing his best recruit in Winston Watkins Jr after a pretty long commitment and after the fun and thrills of the season were over speaks to it all. Cormani McClain made a big mistake going that route over coming to Tuscaloosa. He'll be sacrificed just like everyone else while Deion continues to advocate for his kids and no one else outside of Travis Hunter who is a terrific talent and can survive Deion's BS. He'll keep putting "JC" on all his clothes while he continues to use kids for his personal benefit and sacrifice their future and potential. Not a man devoted to the cloth as he portrays to the public. Hopefully they wake up to his crap and don't waste their time. name gets you nowhere, it's hard work, a path, and determination. Hence why not everyone has to go to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Michigan to be a high draft pick.
He lost the recruits after he said they ain’t an ATM and if that’s what kids are looking for Colorado ain’t the place for them

He lost the recruits after he said they ain’t an ATM and if that’s what kids are looking for Colorado ain’t the place for them

It's deeper than that because I'll bet you my last dollar his sons are getting plenty of deals as is Travis Hunter. It's not the school paying guys, so he's right, they aren't an ATM. Still doesn't explain Winston Watkins Jr. Obviously sold him and these others on something financially.

His son played a lot better than I thought he would this year if I'm being honest. I would imagine he would have guys wanting to stay and build around that.
Think it’s going to come out that Hunter stays and some other dudes. But, maybe not. His son played great this year, but man they’re going to have to get that Oline fixed because he and every other QB on the team is going to get killed

Think it’s going to come out that Hunter stays and some other dudes. But, maybe not. His son played great this year, but man they’re going to have to get that Oline fixed because he and every other QB on the team is going to get killed

I wish we'd throw the truck at Hunter, but I doubt he still budges from Deion. Imagine what he could do for us.

I know Travis Hunter seems to be very loyal to Prime but if half the stuff that's coming out is true, I would not be shocked to see him walk. Jason Whitlock - who is a weird dude, and has a hate boner for Prime to be clear - is the one pushing a lot of this but it's bad. Some of the stories are Shedeur being the only player that's permitted to be late to team/position meetings (and even just not showing up) and one instance I read about being the claim that Colorado was having dreadful practices the week of Washington St. and the coaches stopped practice one day and just started making them run as collective punishment. Shaedur stood up, and walked to the locker room. Nothing was said to him, allegedly. I can't imagine that sort of stuff goes over well with veterans on the team.

I know Travis Hunter seems to be very loyal to Prime but if half the stuff that's coming out is true, I would not be shocked to see him walk. Jason Whitlock - who is a weird dude, and has a hate boner for Prime to be clear - is the one pushing a lot of this but it's bad. Some of the stories are Shedeur being the only player that's permitted to be late to team/position meetings (and even just not showing up) and one instance I read about being the claim that Colorado was having dreadful practices the week of Washington St. and the coaches stopped practice one day and just started making them run as collective punishment. Shaedur stood up, and walked to the locker room. Nothing was said to him, allegedly. I can't imagine that sort of stuff goes over well with veterans on the team.

Ha ha, hate boner. It wouldn't shock me at all if this is happening. By Deion's actions as well as Shedeur's, it is 100% believable that he receives special treatment, has zero consequences, and is fine allowing this to happen. These decommitments and transfers are more than just "we're looking in the Portal" talk.

I think Prime in the end gets a Head coaching gig in the NFL.

I personally think there is 0% chance of that happening. He can surely got the media sucking at his teet, but I do not believe he has the intelligence to run a successful program or a bunch of multi-millionaire premodonnas like himself. Even as a former player and Hall of Famer, he's not equipped to handle folks like himself.

The narrative they’re STILL trying to push is that he has forever changed the landscape of college football, for the better. Watched part of a new interview with him, and it’s pathetic….. obviously prepped questions that he pause’s dramatically and “thinks” about his answer… drivel

I think a lot of the stories about Sanders is form jealous people. The dude greatly improved Colorado, all people would have to do is come on campus. The stories that aren‘t out there is what he does on campus for students that aren’t on the football team, what he’s done in the Boulder community for people, the dude has done more for the people of Boulder than the previous 10 coaches combined, so sure the football record is important, but if he continually wins 4-6 games a year he’ll only leave when he wants to

I think a lot of the stories about Sanders is form jealous people. The dude greatly improved Colorado, all people would have to do is come on campus. The stories that aren‘t out there is what he does on campus for students that aren’t on the football team, what he’s done in the Boulder community for people, the dude has done more for the people of Boulder than the previous 10 coaches combined, so sure the football record is important, but if he continually wins 4-6 games a year he’ll only leave when he wants to
When you only win one game, it’s close to impossible to not “greatly” improve. What he greatly improved was the hype. Colorado isn’t going to a bowl (which only requires that you win half of your games). The season wasn’t a failure, but it didn’t come close to meeting expectations.

I personally think there is 0% chance of that happening. He can surely got the media sucking at his teet, but I do not believe he has the intelligence to run a successful program or a bunch of multi-millionaire premodonnas like himself. Even as a former player and Hall of Famer, he's not equipped to handle folks like himself.
I think thats what he wants, I am almost positive of it.

Coaches come in to programs that win only one game, and “improve” it greatly. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but the stuff coming out now. That is a product of style over substance.

Back
Top Bottom