| FTBL Coach prime

Prior to this season I was convinced that Deion was going to be a great recruiter and would be able to handle that talent and be a really good coach.

One of the toughest jobs about being a college football HC is once your team starts to see success you have to keep your players level-headed - focused on continuing to improve. With a personality as flashy as Coach Prime, I don’t see how you can keep up that persona AND keep your kids level headed.

I'm on record saying that I'm not a fan of the guy, never have been. His "look at me" style and attitude for starters, is something I can't stand. But, I think when looking at it from a distance, Colorado's season went about as expected... their early success fooled a lot of people (Deion included I think) into thinking they were better than they actually were. But they had 2 really good players, and 1 of them got hurt and missed significant time. Much bigger than that though, their overall talent level was still really, really bad, and got much worse further down the depth chart it traveled. In a year where the Pac-12 played above their heads as a whole, and he was in his first season with a paper thin roster... I'm not sure what more could have really been expected. Year 2 will tell a much clearer story, but there will still be some challenges as they transition into the Big 12.

I'm on record saying that I'm not a fan of the guy, never have been. His "look at me" style and attitude for starters, is something I can't stand. But, I think when looking at it from a distance, Colorado's season went about as expected... their early success fooled a lot of people (Deion included I think) into thinking they were better than they actually were. But they had 2 really good players, and 1 of them got hurt and missed significant time. Much bigger than that though, their overall talent level was still really, really bad, and got much worse further down the depth chart it traveled. In a year where the Pac-12 played above their heads as a whole, and he was in his first season with a paper thin roster... I'm not sure what more could have really been expected. Year 2 will tell a much clearer story, but there will still be some challenges as they transition into the Big 12.
The future Big 12 isn't scary for Colorado. BYU is aTm with a handicapped tag, Cincy was a flash in the pan, UCF was a firecracker in a can, and that leaves sexless Baylor, the post-mortem slim pickens Okie State, and the also-rans.

The future Big 12 isn't scary for Colorado. BYU is aTm with a handicapped tag, Cincy was a flash in the pan, UCF was a firecracker in a can, and that leaves sexless Baylor, the post-mortem slim pickens Okie State, and the also-rans.

It's a much better situation for them, but they've still got roster issues he's got to get fixed.

It's a much better situation for them, but they've still got roster issues he's got to get fixed.
Agree, but he's going to put that roster in a free agent spin cycle every year. There will be no "he's a good OL candidate, needs two years in the weight room", he's just going to the vending machine and hoping he doesn't lose his quarter.

Can anybody say that year 1 with Prime turned out as hoped?
I think they did better than expected coming off a 1-11 record the previous year. Did they tear it up? Nope but the win total went up to 4 with a boat load of transfers. Not a fan of Prime. I am interested to see how many players leave the team, how many high school recruits he gets, (I think he has 8-9 now) and who decommits from Colorado. Personally, I think 5-6 wins next year will give us a better, overall picture of the state of the Buffalo program.

Back
Top Bottom