| FTBL Coach Mike Shula

Coach Mike Shula

• Give him 07' and then we'll see ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep em' beyond 07

• I hate Orange [this is the neutral vote, for those who aren't sure] =)

• Total voters
Every pre-season post I read said 9-3 or 8-4, now we are looking at 7-5 or 6-6. Even if Bama is young, rebuilding, whatever, .500 with one of the weakest schedules in the nation should not be acceptable.

personally I knew this season wouldn't be PERFECT but i was hoping to beat florida , and arkansas surprised me (maybe not some of you) , but tennesee was something else, I wanted to believe we could win, and we sure could have (same with florida and arkansas) but we didn't.

However i've been waiting for this 2007 season since the beginning of 05' season , especially because of the fact we play Florida State...when was the last time we played an ACC team? A long while... I can't stand ESPN announcers, they talk about how great and powerful all these other mediocre conferneces are (like the acc, apparently) even if they don't possess a good record...well im ready to welcome them to the SEC.

Shula may need to hire an OC (and let the man do his job). I don't want him fired, though. The pre-season predictions that I saw ranged from 7-5 to 8-4, with 9-3 making an exceptional year considering our rebuilding. My question is whether or not a new coach would automatically make the team execute. :roll:

Maybe if Shula would start losing games by wide margins,

and maybe never get a lead so that it can't be blown,

maybe, just maybe, it would be easier for folks to swallow.

I remember watching Stallings at Legion Field getting beat by UT by 21. I think folks reacted better then than the 3 point loss today.

I am usually just an observer of this board and very rarely post, as you can see, but there comes a time when I can't be silent anymore. I have been a Shula defender to my brother-in-law for four years. But I have to tell you that I can't keep using the same excuses, "they're a young team, sanctions hurt us, injuries hurt us, etc." Alabama has all the talent in the world there and all the possibility there, there is just one thing missing, an Offensive Coach. You can't keep calling Darby up the middle, when he has ran the ball 11 times for 9 yards, any idiot can see that this is not working. When Jimmy Johns has the ball he makes things happen. And why should we have listened to the preseason jerks saying that Bama should only have a 7-5 season or what ever the crap the record we should have. We make our own fate and we should be 8-0 right now. I know most of you are saying what the !!!!!!! But think about it Bama truely did have the opportunity to be 8-0 right now! CMS needs to wake up and see his offense IS NOT WORKING Red zone stats show this (6th worst in the NATION) after today probably THE WORST IN THE NATION
Thank you for letting me vent. Please don't think I am Shula Bashing, I think he is a beautiful face for Alabama football, but lets get real and hire an OC to make the calls and leave the commercials and PR to Mike Shula.

i wanted to start the same poll, strictly a yes or no answer, no opinions, or reasons or thoughts or anything, just to see where everybody was at.

I SAY NO

I'm optimistic about the future of this program under Shula. He went 10-2 last season and we still have a chance to go 9-3 this season - a rebuilding year. In the long term Shula could do great things with this program assuming the impatient hot-heads don't succeed in running him off first.

If he beats Auburn this year he buys himself at least another 3 years. But, losing to Auburn again would almost certainly start the Curry comparisons and an even louder call from some (not me) to "Fire Mike Shula". Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that…

CrimsonPirate said:
Shula may need to hire an OC (and let the man do his job). I don't want him fired, though.

This is exactly what I (and many others) would prefer to see happen.

On the other hand, I saw a post last night and I don't recall who it was that said this, so I apologize for not giving proper credit: it said that Shula may be afraid to bring in an OC and turn the O over to him because then if they STILL don't produce then the target is squarely on the back of CMS. Failing to do so gives him more time to develop his offense and hope it takes hold.

I don't know if that's true or not - but an interesting perspective.

I think he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by hiring and turning over to a good OC because CMS (not the team) is losing support rapidly by trying to tread water.

On the other hand, I saw a post last night and I don't recall who it was that said this, so I apologize for not giving proper credit: it said that Shula may be afraid to bring in an OC and turn the O over to him because then if they STILL don't produce then the target is squarely on the back of CMS. Failing to do so gives him more time to develop his offense and hope it takes hold.

I don't know if that's true or not - but an interesting perspective.

I have to disagree with that post. Shula doesn't strike me as the kind of person that is running scared. He's just incredibly stubborn.

I do agree with you that Shula has nothing to lose and everything to gain by bringing in some new blood at OC and handing the job over to that person.

CrimsonPirate said:
My question is whether or not a new coach would automatically make the team execute. :roll:

Depends on who it is. Charlie Wies seemed to have that impact at Notre Dame. As did Bob Stoops at Oklahoma. We just seem unable to find a guy like that.

Back
Top Bottom