| FTBL Clemson vs Georgia: I can't decide which team I want to lose.

Clemson is favored in this one by 3, 3.5 depending on where you're looking. This is one of those games I want to see both teams lose. Oddshark is projecting Clemson to win, cover, and the total going over (52.5.)

Clemson is favored in this one by 3, 3.5 depending on where you're looking. This is one of those games I want to see both teams lose. Oddshark is projecting Clemson to win, cover, and the total going over (52.5.)

Curious myself about the Over/Under. Almost wouldn't touch it at all. You just don't know what is going to happen. Both team's have good defensive units that could limit points, but then both teams have quarterbacks with live arms, and we know what that can lead to. At this moment, I'd take Georgia and the Under.

What is the Alabama-Miami game at currently? I know Miami has lost a couple of guys due to domestic violence and grades.

An interesting side note to this game. The last time UGA lost their season opener was in 2013; a three point loss to Clemson. The last time Clemson lost their season opener was in 2014; a 24 point loss to UGA. Both teams suffered their losses on the road—this years game is a neutral site game in Charlotte.

Clemson doesn't have a lot of real opportunities to lose in 2021 due to the ACC roster. I'm hoping UGA wins this one because they are likely to lose later in the year (Florida, Auburn, GA Tech).
The same can be said for UGA with two ranked teams on their schedule: UF and Clemson. Right now I'd take UGA up to around -11 against the Gators.

I almost always pull for the SEC team to win against other conferences. It helps the strength of schedule for Bama when they end up beating that SEC team later in the season … in this case at the SEC Championship game. Besides, the rest of the nation goes apoplectic whenever they hear the SEC chant at the ends of those types of games! It’s one of the differences between the vast majority of Tide fans and almost all cow patch tigger fans. We pull for Auburn to win out of conference games while they want anyone and everyone to beat Bama.

I don't know which one? UGA has a old coach, but Clemson also has a old coach and a player? Does UGA have any former player kids on the team? I do know Clemson does.

My neighbor is a diehard Clemson fan. I mean, he is retired and wears his Clemson shirts 365 DAYS A YEAR!! I don't care much for Kirby Smart now, but will be tickled to death to see Clemson lose this one.

A loss by Georgia really puts them behind the 8 ball. They’d need to win out completely to stand a chance at playoffs. That’s a tough prospect when every team is going to have you circled on their calendar. The expectations in Athens are high and getting that playoff door shut early would be entertaining to stand by and watch. The Kirby haters will stoke some fires and I’m all for watching turmoil over there.

Pulling for the Dawgs. Clemson's schedule is just too easy..

Yeah...My first wish is the for the ground to open and swallow both teams. I wish for the same to happen each time the barn plays UThug, but that never seems to happen. That said, if Clemson can drop this one and play in some closer games as the season goes on (I don't think Dabo has any real worries...), then it weakens their playoff candidacy.

^^^ hope springs eternal, I know...

I'm pulling for Clemson. I want another shot at them in the CFP. We have to make up for the last game we faced them in. And besides, that will cause stress in Athens and with another loss and the morale of the team is shaken. I normally pull for SEC vs non-SEC, but there are exceptions. And, at least Clemson is a southern team and coached by a Bama guy.

I'm pulling for Clemson. I want another shot at them in the CFP. We have to make up for the last game we faced them in. And besides, that will cause stress in Athens and with another loss and the morale of the team is shaken. I normally pull for SEC vs non-SEC, but there are exceptions. And, at least Clemson is a southern team and coached by a Bama guy.
Clemson can lose to Georgia and still make the CFP. In fact, they might not face another ranked team until the conference championship. So once again, they only have a couple of tough games from opening day to the playoffs. In between, Dabo uses several weeks worth of practices supposedly preparing for their cupcakes but actually preparing for Bama.

Back
Top Bottom