| FTBL Chris Jordan and Mark Barron...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

Look like they have been at UA for 3 years (as do several other true freshmen)...

F440333.jpg

TigerBait3 said:
I couldnt really tell on TV because the DB's arent on the screen, and Cody was taking up half of it since he was everywhere, but how did Barron look in coverage?

It was hard to tell. The only time I remember him being out there was Clemson's last series. What made it difficult to assess his coverage was that it looked like all they were trying to do was keep everything in front of them, to prevent giving up a big play. It wasn't the typical close man to man coverage we're used to seeing with Saban.

From what I could tell he looked very fluid and natural, especially for a safety.

thebutcher said:
I saw Baron lay a lick on kickoff coverage. Thought it was Maze, both were #4.

I guess I should have said that the only time I saw him in coverage was on Clemson's last offensive series.

I definitely saw him lay the wood on Spiller, CJ on the other hand did not see Mark.

TigerBait3 said:
I couldnt really tell on TV because the DB's arent on the screen, and Cody was taking up half of it since he was everywhere, but how did Barron look in coverage?

I hate using this team because I immediately flash back to Bob Connelly.

But, Mark graded out well during film review Sunday.

It was awfully exciting to see these kids that I have watched since they were @ 6 years old get their shot. Mark definitely did not fail to impress. He put the f'n HAT on someone (I forget the player) on a kickoff in the first half. It was fun to see him so excited. Ya know, in 10+ years of watching him play, I have NEVER seen him that excited. He always talked about acting humble, and he stuck to it. THAT was fun to see him all worked up after the hit. Saban obviously figured out how to push the right buttons with him.
Ingram....Enough said.
I wish Burton would have gotten his hands on the ball a few more times, but I'm sure Coach has his reasons.
Bottom line: OUR freshmen didn't play like freshmen. They were ready as soon as the clock started moving in game one. Keep on duck huntin' Tubs!

pimpsahoy said:
thebutcher said:
I saw Baron lay a lick on kickoff coverage. Thought it was Maze, both were #4.

I guess I should have said that the only time I saw him in coverage was on Clemson's last offensive series.

I definitely saw him lay the wood on Spiller, CJ on the other hand did not see Mark.

yeah that was beautiful! he knocked spiller down hard.

Back
Top Bottom