| FTBL Chow = legs

RollTideRandy said:
I thought about Gailey and to me, Gailey to Dallas makes the most sense. He is still well thought of as an OC within the NFL and by Jerry Jones.

With Chow, I don’t think the numbers to consider are $250K vs. $1.5 mil but rather $250K vs. zero. I just don’t see him landing another NFL OC job. Three years in the NFL and his offense never finished in the top 15 in Total offense and two of the three years they were in the bottom third of the league. That’s not a good track record. A lot of coaches who have moved from college to the NFL recently have had two or three bad seasons and were never offered another NFL job.

Chow has chased a lot of College head coaching jobs the last couple of years and I think that is where he wants to be. If that is true, his best move would be to get back into the college game, start networking and recruiting again, and try to land that HC job. I think his best move is to be OC at Bama, UCLA, or Hawaii.

I think he will end up in the college game again as well. I think that is where his heart is. Truth be told his heart is also probably back on the west coast. I assumed he'd be a shoe-in @ UCLA, but then the hubby told me UCLA really wants Al Borges. ??? Who knows.

Money won't be an issue. He has been paid at the college level before and will be paid that level again. I don't want us to offer more than what a guy is worth. I think Muschamp is topping out assistants at around half a mil. Anything more than that is ridiculous. I'd prefer to get one around $200,000-300,000 which is more par for the course. The madness of salaries has to stop somewhere.

Birdman37 said:
Outlaw said:
Birdman37 said:
i understand his history but it aint like hes had a wonderful offense in the NFL (tho u could lay alot of blame at no WRs and Vince Young sucks). if Major leaves he could be a good replacement, but i would guess that it means the spread that Major wanted to use would be gone too. wouldnt be good for JP imo, having to learn ANOTHER offense.

Ok... ;sus

9 TD, 17 INT and god knows how many fumbles. he is overrated as hell.

I'm not giving up on him yet (I'm a Titans fan)...we need to get some weapons around him first, before I call him a bust. He played really good at times this year.

It Takes Eleven said:
Birmingham said:
that's what I said.

When you edit your post, it doesn't change where you've already been quoted.

Looks like I quoted the wrong quote box. My above comment was meant for you 11. I'm familer with this format of forum, It was a joke to say one thing while right below it says the opposite.

Birmingham said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Birmingham said:
that's what I said.

When you edit your post, it doesn't change where you've already been quoted.

Looks like I quoted the wrong quote box. My above comment was meant for you 11. I'm familer with this format of forum, It was a joke to say one thing while right below it says the opposite.

Since I'm one who usually avoids emoticons, I should have recognized that. My bad.

Bama Bo said:
Birdman37 said:
i understand his history but it aint like hes had a wonderful offense in the NFL (tho u could lay alot of blame at no WRs and Vince Young sucks). if Major leaves he could be a good replacement, but i would guess that it means the spread that Major wanted to use would be gone too. wouldnt be good for JP imo, having to learn ANOTHER offense.

If Major leaves, and all indicators say he is, JPW is going to have to learn another offense anyway. Might as well try to get one of the best.
I think it would be an excellent opportunity to see what someone else could do with a new offense. Let Chow (or whoever) have a blank slate. Sorry, but it ain't gonna hurt my feelings to see JPW in a cap and gown.

Birdman37 said:
Outlaw said:
Birdman37 said:

Ok... ;sus

9 TD, 17 INT and god knows how many fumbles. he is overrated as hell.

LOL, it's his second year.

3 lost fumbles by the way.

I did not read the whole thread, but I can all but promise that Norm Chow will not be gracing us w/ his presence. No inside source needed here. My vote for a realistic CMA replacement is the Brohm fella'. QBs from UL have been fantastic over the past few years.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I did not read the whole thread, but I can all but promise that Norm Chow will not be gracing us w/ his presence. No inside source needed here. My vote for a realistic CMA replacement is the Brohm fella'. QBs from UL have been fantastic over the past few years.

At this point you are likely correct. Chow was contacted very early - before Major was announced gone. It may have been for consultation or to judge his potential interest.

There may have been a leak regarding Loeffler. I did not see that coming, but given Saban's knack for picking up young coordinators, it could be a brilliant move. Loeffler is an outstanding QB coach and may make an outstanding OC...stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom