| FTBL Chow = legs

G

It could turn out like Tubby to Arkansas and not happen due to a few things that have to be ironed out...but it has legs.

porkchop said:
I wouldn't be hurt to see him come, but how old is Chow now? That would be my only concern.

62 I think. He is very youthful and could probably coach another 5-10 years without a problem.

CrimsonSurfer said:
Scott McKinney just reported on his radio show Southern Sports Tonight, that Norm Chow is in Tuscaloosa today meeting with Saban.

I've never known Scott to have very good connections with Alabama. I'm still wondering how that show still makes it without Max Howell telling everyone what he's having for supper.

Bama Bo said:
CrimsonSurfer said:
Scott McKinney just reported on his radio show Southern Sports Tonight, that Norm Chow is in Tuscaloosa today meeting with Saban.

I've never known Scott to have very good connections with Alabama. I'm still wondering how that show still makes it without Max Howell telling everyone what he's having for supper.

McKinney's best Bama info source is Scott Moore...if Moore said it, I would buy it without question.

Worth noting is that Paul Jr. dropped someone off in Nashville on his way to Stuttgart this morning.

2+2 = ???

Big_Fan said:
McKinney's best Bama info source is Scott Moore...if Moore said it, I would buy it without question.

Worth noting is that Paul Jr. dropped someone off in Nashville on his way to Stuttgart this morning.

2+2 = ???

I'll agree with you on Scott Moore. Does Scott Moore still do the show with him?

Bama Bo said:
Big_Fan said:

2+2 = ???

I'll agree with you on Scott Moore. Does Scott Moore still do the show with him?

I hung out with Scott (Moore) at the UGA tailgate, but we didn't talk about Radio. Last I heard, he was still filling in for him and appearing on the show pretty regularly. He was negotiating with WJOX for his own show but I have not spoken with him in a while.

i understand his history but it aint like hes had a wonderful offense in the NFL (tho u could lay alot of blame at no WRs and Vince Young sucks). if Major leaves he could be a good replacement, but i would guess that it means the spread that Major wanted to use would be gone too. wouldnt be good for JP imo, having to learn ANOTHER offense.

Birdman37 said:
i understand his history but it aint like hes had a wonderful offense in the NFL (tho u could lay alot of blame at no WRs and Vince Young sucks). if Major leaves he could be a good replacement, but i would guess that it means the spread that Major wanted to use would be gone too. wouldnt be good for JP imo, having to learn ANOTHER offense.

If Major leaves, and all indicators say he is, JPW is going to have to learn another offense anyway. Might as well try to get one of the best.

Bama Bo said:
Birdman37 said:

If Major leaves, and all indicators say he is, JPW is going to have to learn another offense anyway. Might as well try to get one of the best.

yea thats true, but jesus that scares me. dude has to learn his 3rd offensive scheme since hes been at Alabama. sound familiar?

Birdman37 said:

I personally subscribe to the theory that Chow was handicapped by personnel while at Tennessee. They have no wide receivers to speak of. Their quarterback likes to run more than throw. LenDale White comes in this year completely out of shape and overweight and only eventually wins the tailback job because the other backs there are terrible so it's no wonder the offense wasn't scoring points. I attribute that to the front office and HC more than I do Chow.

Back
Top Bottom