| FTBL CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders ,Trent Richardson

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Trent Richardson signs with Saskatchewan Roughriders
The former Alabama great is getting another shot at professional football.

Former Alabama All-American and NFL running back Trent Richardson is back on the gridiron after signing with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, the franchise announced Tuesday.

Richardson, Cleveland's No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, struggled after a standout rookie season and bounced around to three different franchises over the next few years.

He signed with the Baltimore Ravens in April 2016, but was waived before the season began.

With the Crimson Tide, Richardson was nearly unstoppable, earning the Doak Walker Award in 2011 as a junior after rushing for 1,670 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Richardson has a chance to start for the Roughriders this season projected RB1 Cameron Marshall sidelined with a knee injury.

I hope him the best .

One last chance to make a name for himself. NFL may be gone, but he may open some eyes if he can perform here. Definitely getting to an age where folks stop looking at you as a running back with younger players out there.

He's still getting used to the CFL game. What so many players and fans south of the border don't realize enough is that the CFL is really a different game and requires and whole new skill set. And despite what many may think... the D-lines are tough SOBs. Trent had 4 carries in his first game for 20 yards, and Friday he managed only 7 yds on his best carry, but generally stayed around the 1, 2, 3 yards per gain average. Didn't he managed better than that in the NFL? So yeah... he's going to need some time to get use to the CFL and the skill set of the players ? Hope he can cuz I want to see him stay.

He's still getting used to the CFL game. What so many players and fans south of the border don't realize enough is that the CFL is really a different game and requires and whole new skill set. And despite what many may think... the D-lines are tough SOBs. Trent had 4 carries in his first game for 20 yards, and Friday he managed only 7 yds on his best carry, but generally stayed around the 1, 2, 3 yards per gain average. Didn't he managed better than that in the NFL? So yeah... he's going to need some time to get use to the CFL and the skill set of the players ? Hope he can cuz I want to see him stay.

Not really, I think his career per-carry average was like 3 yards. Vision has been his problem since his second year in the league. Alot have said he never had good vision but I dont buy that at all, especially at Bama. I honestly think concussions have messed him up.

I am one that said he has never had good field vision. He did not need it in HS or even at Bama, where he ran behind the best Bama OL of the Saban era. Most of the time, the hole was where he expected it presnap and when it wasn't, he was just too tough for most college players to stop. His first year in the NFL, he had a pretty good OL that opened holes where he expected them, most of the time. They dropped off in his second year and so did he.