| NEWS Former Alabama RB Trent Richardson will play professional football in Mexico - Roll Tide Wire

B

Bama News

Former Alabama running back Trent Richardson has announced he will be playing professional football again after a two-year hiatus from the sport. He most recently played for the Birmingham Iron in the defunct AAF.

Richardson was drafted No. 3 overall in the 2012 NFL draft by the Cleveland Browns, where he played one season before being traded to the Indianapolis Colts. His time in the league, due to underwhelming performance, was cut short.

Now, Richardson will be playing in the Mexican American Football league for the Claudillos de Chihuahua.

His role for the team is still unknown, as he discussed during his introductory press conference.

“We’ve talked about everything in our meetings that we’ve been having. So who knows? I might play,” said Richardson. “I might be a part of making decisions or helping out bringing awareness or I might be a part of [the defense], all of the above. So we’ll see.”

Richardson was given a jersey, that he put on, and given a warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom