| FTBL Castille arrested

This is a surprise coming from the background he is from and the way he carries himself usually. He was also on the team peer group right?

Wait and see

This being a first offense, and it running counter to the years of exemplary conduct, not only has he earned the opportunity to be heard out, but to judge now would be reckless.

Re: Wait and see

LBS said:
This being a first offense, and it running counter to the years of exemplary conduct, not only has he earned the opportunity to be heard out, but to judge now would be reckless.

This comes as no shock to me. And, his behavior has been far from "exemplary." He isn't Tim or Jeremiah.

Public Intox isn't that big of a deal, don't get me wrong. Disorderly conduct on the strip? Geez, try 7 days a week.

While a lot don't choose to think along these lines, we'll see weeding out of certain types for the next couple of years.

TerryP said:
LBS said:

And, his behavior has been far from "exemplary."

When was he arrested previously?

Outside of being arrested, what has he done that causes him to be seen as a trouble maker?

LBS said:
TerryP said:
LBS said:

And, his behavior has been far from "exemplary."

When was he arrested previously?

Outside of being arrested, what has he done that causes him to be seen as a trouble maker?

You are just going to have to take my word for this. Since he's still on the team, I'm not going to go into detail on what has happened with Slim in the last couple of years. After he's graduated and moved on, no problem.

It's sort of like Brodie. While he's a "darling" in the eyes of a lot of fans, no one wants to know the lack of discipline with the team had a lot to do with his attitude and how he was treated under the last staff. (tempted to say staph.)

I'll share this...Tim, has wanted to wring his neck numerous times.

Just because he hasn't been arrested doesn't mean a darn thing.

Anyone who has a stupid personal foul called on them AFTER a critical third down play has ended (a call that would turn an OK State Field Goal attempt into a TD and ultimately cost Bama the bowl game) it doesn’t surprise me that player would get arrested for rough housing on the strip. The fact he wasn’t pulled from the game after that play shows the kind of lax discipline he was used to.

Castille info...

coming from a good friend who has talked to Castille. Simeon told him all that had happened was there were some players out in front of Crimson Cafe just horsing around with each other and Simeon started yelling. That was it. No alcohol was involved. He just yelled at Antoine Caldwell.

GoodScotch said:
Do the players not respect Saban and his regime?

dude, did you not mess up once and a while a few years ago when you were 20? my guess is you did, much like everyone else did. I bet they do respect him, but poo happens... these kids have very little free time, so when they get it, I see why they go nuts.

I definetly did. This stuff happens everywhere. Spurrier summed it up best when he said, "nothing good comes from being out past midnight." Spurrier said something like that, and I think it rings true.

Just be glad that it happen when it did. Let him learn from his mistakes now. It could be alot worse. How would you like to know this happen the night before the Tenn or barn game. Just chill everything will be ok.

bamatommy said:
I'm ticked at Castille for such a bone-headed move. He's a senior who's supposed to be a leader.

What is bone-headed about playing around with a couple of team-mates on a Sat. night after two-a-days are over with?

I'll admit, when I first heard about this it didn't come as a shock. But, when I took the time to make a few calls and found out about the scenario I'm not upset with Slim, at all.

I've even had LSU fans who happen to attend UA relay the story...and it rings true with what I've heard from people who were there.

Back
Top Bottom