| FTBL Castille arrested

TerryP said:
bamatommy said:
I'm ticked at Castille for such a bone-headed move. He's a senior who's supposed to be a leader.

What is bone-headed about playing around with a couple of team-mates on a Sat. night after two-a-days are over with?

I'll admit, when I first heard about this it didn't come as a shock. But, when I took the time to make a few calls and found out about the scenario I'm not upset with Slim, at all.

I've even had LSU fans who happen to attend UA relay the story...and it rings true with what I've heard from people who were there.
From the quotes I have heard about what the cops said, sounds like they enjoy harrassing young football players.

Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
bamatommy said:
I'm ticked at Castille for such a bone-headed move. He's a senior who's supposed to be a leader.

What is bone-headed about playing around with a couple of team-mates on a Sat. night after two-a-days are over with?

I'll admit, when I first heard about this it didn't come as a shock. But, when I took the time to make a few calls and found out about the scenario I'm not upset with Slim, at all.

I've even had LSU fans who happen to attend UA relay the story...and it rings true with what I've heard from people who were there.
From the quotes I have heard about what the cops said, sounds like they enjoy harrassing young football players.

One of them, yes. The other, no.

I'll tell ya, I don't see how so many players get out of school without getting in all kinds of trouble. It's around every corner. Just too many temptations for kids. And I'm sorry, but I think many guys who are labeled as "hard cases" get a bad rap. No one gives a rat's ass when a track guy gets caught with beer on a Friday in June. I really think most are too tough on football and Bball players. Personally, unless there are multiple offenses (in the case of misdemeanors) or a felony is involved it's really no one's business.

Sounds like some of the TPD may not give a damn who you are, just shows sometimes you have to watch what you do out in public, cause you never know. Hopefully nothing will come of it, I'm sure CNS and Mr. Castille will handle Simeon.

TerryP, my brother

Sorry Terry, but no. No I do not have to take your word on it. If I am cautioning all to not take the officer's opinion on this without having it all head out. I will not proxy my opinion to you with a "take my word on it".

This is not personal brother. I don't know you at all, so I can't be personal. It is simply that "Innocent until you take someone's word on it" does not fly.

I appreciate you not posting what you do not feels needs to by posted. That is responsible, just as my holding out judgement is the responsible thing to do.

Re: TerryP, my brother

LBS said:
Sorry Terry, but no. No I do not have to take your word on it. If I am cautioning all to not take the officer's opinion on this without having it all head out. I will not proxy my opinion to you with a "take my word on it".

This is not personal brother. I don't know you at all, so I can't be personal. It is simply that "Innocent until you take someone's word on it" does not fly.

I appreciate you not posting what you do not feels needs to by posted. That is responsible, just as my holding out judgement is the responsible thing to do.
We all have the right to our opinion here, I have know of Terry P for years on the internet boards, he has some great connections and is not one to post just to be a " I heard this from my source" kinda guy. Take this for what its worth, Terry doesn't post BS on here!

I find it amazing sometimes how people that have been on for all of 24 hours coming guns blazing and talking a big game. I guess that's life on the internet?

Those people usually find themselves residing somewhere else though when it's all said and done.

I don't think I'm the only police officer on here, and the other ones should agree with me on this. But I went to the Tuscaloosa Police Academy, as does half the state of AL to get your training. I have quite a few officer friends that work for TPD, and most are Bama fans.

But to make my point, you don't just arrest someone for disorderly conduct for no reason at all. Expecially someone as high profile as SC. He either smarted off to the officer, dropped his name or something along those lines. I hate this allot because he is my fav player on the team. But no one should be above the law no matter what your name is. The officers have a job to do and in the public eye they probably had no choice but to arrest him.

Im sure allot will disagree with me here because it sounds like a majority of people on here don't care to much for officers and think that we have it out for everyone. I cant speak for all officers, but I can speak for my 2 brothers, father, uncle and 20 of my closest friends that are officers,some of em TPD officers, you have us wrong to believe something like that.

I honestly turned down TPD because of reasons like this, my passion for Bama football is probably not healthy, and I would be the one going to jail for giving all the players "get out of jail free cards"

But hopefully when he goes to court, the Judge will be a Bama fan and help the kid out.

AlabamaSlammer said:
I don't think I'm the only police officer on here, and the other ones should agree with me on this. But I went to the Tuscaloosa Police Academy, as does half the state of AL to get your training. I have quite a few officer friends that work for TPD, and most are Bama fans.

But to make my point, you don't just arrest someone for disorderly conduct for no reason at all. Expecially someone as high profile as SC. He either smarted off to the officer, dropped his name or something along those lines. I hate this allot because he is my fav player on the team. But no one should be above the law no matter what your name is. The officers have a job to do and in the public eye they probably had no choice but to arrest him.

Im sure allot will disagree with me here because it sounds like a majority of people on here don't care to much for officers and think that we have it out for everyone. I cant speak for all officers, but I can speak for my 2 brothers, father, uncle and 20 of my closest friends that are officers,some of em TPD officers, you have us wrong to believe something like that.

I honestly turned down TPD because of reasons like this, my passion for Bama football is probably not healthy, and I would be the one going to jail for giving all the players "get out of jail free cards"

But hopefully when he goes to court, the Judge will be a Bama fan and help the kid out.

Nice post man, my father is a retired Police officer, and my brother is a county deputy right now. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police officers. Who knows what happened, lets just hope this can be resolved real quick for all involved. Heck, who knows what happened, but I am sure sooner or later we will all find out if there is foul play here. I would rather this just hurry up and be over.

Bama1966 said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

Nice post man, my father is a retired Police officer, and my brother is a county deputy right now. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police officers. Who knows what happened, lets just hope this can be resolved real quick for all involved. Heck, who knows what happened, but I am sure sooner or later we will all find out if there is foul play here. I would rather this just hurry up and be over.

I am a police officer now. We have discretion in arrests. If the arrest is a disorderly arrest - there are many other options other than booking someone. Just put it this way (being a big Bama fan) he would have really had to tick me off to book him. Which is the case with most anyone off the street. Being in this situation many times, I would have to believe he was just too out of hand for any other option.

I have an opinion on this and its gonna make some people mad and some agree.I have respect for police officers( the ones who are actually there to protect and serve and enforce the law),I do not have respect for the ones that dont( and we have all run into them).Im sure the officers on this board know which ones im talking about,the ones that are just there to be Billy Joe Badass.With that being said i have to agree with the last officer's opinion.You probably would not get away ( as a police officer) with arresting a high profile FB player if he was really not doing anything wrong.Especially while other FB players present.He must have been acting a fool.Im not upset he went to jail for three reasons.1)It slapped him back down to earth and made him realize he is not untouchable.2)That probably just changed his life from maybe being a rookie NFL spoiled brat to someone who will work hard in the NFL and make it (maybe).3)Our team will definately have his full attention and best effort now b/c of this.Had this happened we may not have(maybe).This theory may not be true for all atheletes ( see TO,Randy Moss,Tank Johnson) but b/c who his dad and brother are i gotta feeling this will put him on a new level ( positive level).Now if he stinks it up this year disregard this whole post!!!!! :lol:

AlabamaSlammer said:

Your ruined a good post with a absolutely pathetic last sentence. :?

Lenny Kozlowski said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

Your ruined a good post with a absolutely pathetic last sentence. :?

That last sentence was meant to be as a joke, to lighten the mood, make a funny, ya know because of the line of work I am in. But apparently you are absolutely pathetic at catching a joke. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom