| FTBL Castille arrested

Slammer, I have four friends within the ranks of the TPD, two officers, a sargent and one of the detectives. I've spoken to both officers and the sarge and to a man they say the guy who made the arrest was doing so with a blind eye to justice or what was right.

I've talked with a half of a dozen people who were on the scene and they relayed the same story. What meant more than that were a couple of LSU fans I spoke with (attend UA, but LSU die-hard fans) and they confirmed what everyone was telling me.

The attitude of the officer changed when Slim introduced himself. The officer said, "So, you are one of Saban's boys." At that point, forcefully, Slim was in the prone position. AC, RJ, and BJ chose to remain silent because they feared the point of speaking up and telling the officer that they were team mates and just having a bit of fun would result in them going to jail also.

I appreciate your discretion and the processes you use in determing how to handle situations. As much as I know about the things Slim has been into the last few years...if this story was true, I wouldn't have a hard time believing it. In fact, I would be one of the first. But, in this situation, with those I've spoken with all telling the same story, with no doubt in my mind, I believe what transpired was on the wrong side of the law. Unfortunately, it was the law officer that stepped over that line.

bamafan850 said:
Bama1966 said:
AlabamaSlammer said:
I don't think I'm the only police officer on here, and the other ones should agree with me on this. But I went to the Tuscaloosa Police Academy, as does half the state of AL to get your training. I have quite a few officer friends that work for TPD, and most are Bama fans.

But to make my point, you don't just arrest someone for disorderly conduct for no reason at all. Expecially someone as high profile as SC. He either smarted off to the officer, dropped his name or something along those lines. I hate this allot because he is my fav player on the team. But no one should be above the law no matter what your name is. The officers have a job to do and in the public eye they probably had no choice but to arrest him.

Im sure allot will disagree with me here because it sounds like a majority of people on here don't care to much for officers and think that we have it out for everyone. I cant speak for all officers, but I can speak for my 2 brothers, father, uncle and 20 of my closest friends that are officers,some of em TPD officers, you have us wrong to believe something like that.

I honestly turned down TPD because of reasons like this, my passion for Bama football is probably not healthy, and I would be the one going to jail for giving all the players "get out of jail free cards"

But hopefully when he goes to court, the Judge will be a Bama fan and help the kid out.

Nice post man, my father is a retired Police officer, and my brother is a county deputy right now. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police officers. Who knows what happened, lets just hope this can be resolved real quick for all involved. Heck, who knows what happened, but I am sure sooner or later we will all find out if there is foul play here. I would rather this just hurry up and be over.

I am a police officer now. We have discretion in arrests. If the arrest is a disorderly arrest - there are many other options other than booking someone. Just put it this way (being a big Bama fan) he would have really had to tick me off to book him. Which is the case with most anyone off the street. Being in this situation many times, I would have to believe he was just too out of hand for any other option.

exactly this up to officer discretion. Usually you won't see this course of action unless the subject is unresponsive to commands or uncontrollable .. the third option is the officer/s have a chip on their shoulder.

Re: TerryP, my brother

LBS said:
Sorry Terry, but no. No I do not have to take your word on it. If I am cautioning all to not take the officer's opinion on this without having it all head out. I will not proxy my opinion to you with a "take my word on it".

This is not personal brother. I don't know you at all, so I can't be personal. It is simply that "Innocent until you take someone's word on it" does not fly.

I appreciate you not posting what you do not feels needs to by posted. That is responsible, just as my holding out judgement is the responsible thing to do.

As soon as I get over the severe bruising my ego has received by your thoughts I'll engage in coversations with you. :roll:

Seriously...it'll be a cold day in hell that you find me posting something on any forum that you can't "take to the bank." You must be very new to 'net forums such as this one...or, you would know who I am. Unlike a lot of people, I don't hide behind a screen name, I don't care to. Having written about Alabama athletics for over a decade now I have never posted a bit without having verified it by more than 2 of the people I know around the program.

This story, has been verified by 3 TPD officers, more than 6 people on the scene, and a couple of fans from schools who are our rivals in the SECW.

Whether you take my word for it or not? No sweat off my brow. One thing I can assure you of is this. Those who follow the program very closely have fallen into the shadows because of responses like yours earlier. It isn't because what has been said meant a darn to us one way or another. It's simply because we've found it a waste of time to try to share information with other Bama fans only to be questioned...even after years of reporting things concerning the program which have turned out to be true time, and time, and time again.

Oh, and FWIW, don't call me brother in one sentence and say you don't know me in the next. :lol:

AlabamaSlammer said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
There was nothing in that to suggest a joke......one of these would have helped :shock: :? 8) :lol:

My bad, from now on I will draw you pictures and such to help you understand.............. :D :D :) :D :D :) :D :lol: :o :lol: :o :D :lol: :o :D :) :) :D :lol: :o :D :) :o :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously slammer, you need to post more often!! :lol: :lol:

O.K. being a former TPD officer myself let me tell you guys a story. It was about this time of year in 2000, and I was on patrol in the area of the campus. I got a call with a couple of other cars to break up a party at a local apartment complex, and arrived to find that the majority of the Alabama football team were the reason for the complaint. The other officers and I told the guys to calm down and have a nice night. That is the way things are normally handled with UA players by the majority of TPD (at least when I was there). I don't know what the deal is with this particular officer, nor do I care. The funny thing about working for a police department is that they do a really good job of finding out the truth in most situations. If this officer made a bad arrest, he/she will be dealt with accordingly. If Simeon did something stupid to get arrested, he will also be dealt with accordingly by Saban and company. Just my two cents worth on the situation.

Re: TerryP, my brother

LBS said:
This is not personal brother. I don't know you at all, so I can't be personal.

Thing is, we DO know TerryP. He has some serious connections and doesn't post BS. That's the reputation he has in the ring of boards he posts on.

Seriously though, stick around here for a while and you'll know who has the connections and who don't.

TerryP said:
Slammer, I have four friends within the ranks of the TPD, two officers, a sargent and one of the detectives. I've spoken to both officers and the sarge and to a man they say the guy who made the arrest was doing so with a blind eye to justice or what was right.

I've talked with a half of a dozen people who were on the scene and they relayed the same story. What meant more than that were a couple of LSU fans I spoke with (attend UA, but LSU die-hard fans) and they confirmed what everyone was telling me.

The attitude of the officer changed when Slim introduced himself. The officer said, "So, you are one of Saban's boys." At that point, forcefully, Slim was in the prone position. AC, RJ, and BJ chose to remain silent because they feared the point of speaking up and telling the officer that they were team mates and just having a bit of fun would result in them going to jail also.

I appreciate your discretion and the processes you use in determing how to handle situations. As much as I know about the things Slim has been into the last few years...if this story was true, I wouldn't have a hard time believing it. In fact, I would be one of the first. But, in this situation, with those I've spoken with all telling the same story, with no doubt in my mind, I believe what transpired was on the wrong side of the law. Unfortunately, it was the law officer that stepped over that line.

I trust what you say. All cops are not perfect. A select few do carry a chip on their shoulder. I know a few people that I went to HS with that were "lame". They decided to be police officers and take their jealousy or whatever it is out on everyone.

DustyG said:
O.K. being a former TPD officer myself let me tell you guys a story. It was about this time of year in 2000, and I was on patrol in the area of the campus. I got a call with a couple of other cars to break up a party at a local apartment complex, and arrived to find that the majority of the Alabama football team were the reason for the complaint. The other officers and I told the guys to calm down and have a nice night. That is the way things are normally handled with UA players by the majority of TPD (at least when I was there). I don't know what the deal is with this particular officer, nor do I care. The funny thing about working for a police department is that they do a really good job of finding out the truth in most situations. If this officer made a bad arrest, he/she will be dealt with accordingly. If Simeon did something stupid to get arrested, he will also be dealt with accordingly by Saban and company. Just my two cents worth on the situation.

Thanks Dusty. I agree with you. It will probably all come out in the wash. It usually does.

Like any situation there is probably some truth to both sides. Unfortunately until a court date next week when more evidence is presented the monkey is all on Simeon. Maybe right, maybe wrong but that's life.

I talk to my kids all the time about the choices they make. Even a little thing such as where to go, what to do, who to hang with, etc... can have negative consequences. These guys have to learn.

I personally think this thing has gotten WAY more attention than it really deserves and I hate the fact that we have another week before the court date for it to grow even more. I'm tired of hearing people say that Coach Saban has no control of his team. I personally don't believe that at all. I believe that the instances over the past few weeks concern college kids doing stupid things. Do all college kids do these things? Probably not. However, some do and get caught. Things much worse than what's happened recently happened on Coach Bryant's watch and he dealt with every one of them accordingly. You just didn't hear as much about them because 1. He kept it "In the family" as Saban tries to and 2. there were not as many information sources during his time. I may be stupid and a "Koolaid Drinker", but I trust the coach. I believe he will do what needs to be done to discipline the players. Unfortunately, in the eyes of the major media talking heads this will be a Catch-22 situation. If the court punishes SC then it's a sign that Coach Saban can't control the team. If the court decides the charges should be dropped, then the legal powers in Tuscaloosa bows the superiority of the University of Alabama. All we can do is be who we are, trust the coach to put together a team of not only quality players, but quality young men, and win. If we do these things, they can try all they want to put us down, but the truth will be there for everyone to see. JMO

Haven't posted much lately, so I tried to get caught up in one post :wink: :lol: .

One thing about this whole situation that is strange to me. According to everything I've read and heard, Simeon was just horsing around with a couple of teammates. Well, why weren't any of the teammates arrested? This doesn't make any sense to me.

csdien said:
bamafan850 said:
Bama1966 said:
AlabamaSlammer said:
I don't think I'm the only police officer on here, and the other ones should agree with me on this. But I went to the Tuscaloosa Police Academy, as does half the state of AL to get your training. I have quite a few officer friends that work for TPD, and most are Bama fans.

But to make my point, you don't just arrest someone for disorderly conduct for no reason at all. Expecially someone as high profile as SC. He either smarted off to the officer, dropped his name or something along those lines. I hate this allot because he is my fav player on the team. But no one should be above the law no matter what your name is. The officers have a job to do and in the public eye they probably had no choice but to arrest him.

Im sure allot will disagree with me here because it sounds like a majority of people on here don't care to much for officers and think that we have it out for everyone. I cant speak for all officers, but I can speak for my 2 brothers, father, uncle and 20 of my closest friends that are officers,some of em TPD officers, you have us wrong to believe something like that.

I honestly turned down TPD because of reasons like this, my passion for Bama football is probably not healthy, and I would be the one going to jail for giving all the players "get out of jail free cards"

But hopefully when he goes to court, the Judge will be a Bama fan and help the kid out.

Nice post man, my father is a retired Police officer, and my brother is a county deputy right now. I have a tremendous amount of respect for police officers. Who knows what happened, lets just hope this can be resolved real quick for all involved. Heck, who knows what happened, but I am sure sooner or later we will all find out if there is foul play here. I would rather this just hurry up and be over.

I am a police officer now. We have discretion in arrests. If the arrest is a disorderly arrest - there are many other options other than booking someone. Just put it this way (being a big Bama fan) he would have really had to tick me off to book him. Which is the case with most anyone off the street. Being in this situation many times, I would have to believe he was just too out of hand for any other option.

exactly this up to officer discretion. Usually you won't see this course of action unless the subject is unresponsive to commands or uncontrollable .. the third option is the officer/s have a chip on their shoulder.

I do not understand why an officer with TPD would make an arrest with a chip on there shoulder. Making an arrest as a police officer IS NOT FUN. There would be nothing to gain or to make a name for himself/herself (AKA chip on shoulder) by making an arrest of a top name Bama player in Tuscaloosa. I am a BIG Bama fan living in TN as a patrol officer (I have been on the job 14 years). I would not arrest Tennessee's head coach unless he put me in a situation that I had no choice. It may be different in Tuscaloosa, but an arrest of a local football player due to a chip on the shoulder would make absolutely no sense here.

bamafan850 said:
csdien said:
bamafan850 said:
Bama1966 said:
AlabamaSlammer said:

I do not understand why an officer with TPD would make an arrest with a chip on there shoulder. Making an arrest as a police officer IS NOT FUN. There would be nothing to gain or to make a name for himself/herself (AKA chip on shoulder) by making an arrest of a top name Bama player in Tuscaloosa. I am a BIG Bama fan living in TN as a patrol officer (I have been on the job 14 years). I would not arrest Tennessee's head coach unless he put me in a situation that I had no choice. It may be different in Tuscaloosa, but an arrest of a local football player due to a chip on the shoulder would make absolutely no sense here.

did u read the police report? there was NOTHING in it that made it seem like the cop had really any reason to arrest Slim.

Birdman37 said:
did u read the police report? there was NOTHING in it that made it seem like the cop had really any reason to arrest Slim.

According to the police report, Simeon's actions did constitute Disorderly Conduct. That having been said, I wouldn't have made the arrest in the officer's place. As someone else said, this situation could have been resolved without arrest if a little discussion had taken place at the scene (like talking to the people in the SUV). The arrest is legit from a legal standpoint, but I don't know that it will stand up in court because a lot of us have engaged in or witnessed worse behavior in the presence of the police with no arrest being made. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

It there a copy of the arrest report on the net. If so please send a link. It would be intresting to read. Even though an arrest report should be just a few facts without alot of detail (which is saved for court).

I read the report and all of the elements are there for the arrest. I do, however, believe other options could have been made to avoid an arrest. ex. No victim reporting a crime. I do, after reading the arrest report, understand the chip on the shoulder thing. I would have talked to him and made arrangements for him to leave the scene and not made an arrest unless he just started cursing or butted heads with me (the one trying to help him out of the situation).

bamafan850 said:
I read the report and all of the elements are there for the arrest. I do, however, believe other options could have been made to avoid an arrest. ex. No victim reporting a crime. I do, after reading the arrest report, understand the chip on the shoulder thing. I would have talked to him and made arrangements for him to leave the scene and not made an arrest unless he just started cursing or butted heads with me (the one trying to help him out of the situation).

at the very least he could've spoken to the guys in the SUV or at least talked to the other officer who was talking to them. i mean he admits that as soon as he realized it was a cop that had threw him against the wall and all that he was polite and all of that crap. now we got this idiot Ian whatever on al.com claiming that it says in the police report that Castille had been drinking (yet he says nothing about that in the report). jesus.

Back
Top Bottom