| FTBL Buyer’s Remorse?

Davestwin

I wonder if some of the top players from Alabama high schools who committed to Freeze and Auburn a few days ago might be experiencing some buyer’s remorse? Unfortunately, there’s no lemon laws on coaching hires. The only thing wittle tigger fans should be thankful for is that their boosters weren’t the idiots who mortgaged the stadium to hire Jimbo a few years ago. Auburn fans are all about comparisons so they can bow up their chests and say “At least our previous three bad hires didn’t cost us as much as A$M’s one bad hire did.” If you want to go to bed smiling tonight, go to an Auburn fan board and read the comments especially ones from the 1st and 4th quarters. They say a picture is worth a thousand words …

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/63/03/AD3C67A4-23FE-4F68-BC6E-00E1A131E99C/IMG_2279.webp

Still shaking my head that he said he wasn't involved in the offensive game plan.
Yeah I read that and even if it was true and the best thing to do strategically you do not say that as the head coach. If he gets studs in there of course they will be better but to say and do this was really poor judgement at best.

He’s told what to do. Auburn never lets coaches have free rein on the plains, don’t matter who the coach is. You can see it in his face. He has nothing to work with down there and he’s just grasping straws.

He did good job at Liberty....but the ole ms stuff was bad...
Probably will be fine at AU. They no longer have to hide paying players...
Yep, they have a true Good ole boy network. We did too for a long time and prob have a small version still, but it would strictly be on the money side and not our coach's hiring process. Freeze will be controlled. Period.

Take Auburn out of the equation, some like Hugh Freeze coaching, and I get that, he has his style, it works for him, he did give us troubles at Ole Miss. I do not really think much about Freeze, he is a trick play, lot of movement schemes and direction type of innovator. It is his thing. Gus like but still different. Has baggage and controversy surround him at more times than I care for and gets second chances because of his ability to be different in schematics. He coached at the High school level around where I use to live and was good at it. Thats where I stop, he threw the team under the bus and has done this to a degree before. You can say 1000 times its my fault but then to back it up with an " I wasnt involved in some things" statement, to make it not so much his fault that he can weasel the attention to a variety of things instead of just him, is my beef. Glad the barn has this again, cause it won't be the last time and seeing the barn do the same mistakes over and over again, is a gift from the football demigods.

Go on with yo bad self Barn!!!

Freeze gets himself into trouble because he's way too trusting of people and he's way too naive. Both of those things lead him to being way too open with the press at times. All that aside, his biggest issue (IMO) is handling time management as the head coach. He's a really, really good offensive game planner and play caller when he's fully focused on it, but my understanding is, he loves the recruiting aspect of college football and gravitates to that whenever possible as he tends to get burned out on all the X's and O's at times. So, he hands off too many duties and gets away from it at times when his team(s) can least afford it. I think that helps explain why he has an overall career losing record in the month of November (at Arkansas St, Ole Miss, Liberty, and auburn).

Back
Top Bottom