| FTBL Breakdown of play called for Alabama

Clint Lamb posted this on twitter:

Rees started yesterday’s game by calling a PASSING play on three of Alabama’s first four first downs (75% pass). Following Milroe’s first INT, Rees called a RUN on eight of the next nine first downs (88.9% run). Didn’t start calling passes again until two-minute drill.

Alabama ran 16 plays of 2nd & 7 or longer. Threw the ball on 75% of those. Only ran 5 plays of 2nd & 6 or shorter. Ran the ball 80% of the time. First of all, that’s 3x more failed first-down plays than successful. Secondly, that’s way too predictable. Made things easy on Texas.

That tell me the trust level in Milroe.

Sark kept 2nd and 3rd downs manageable based on the production on 1st down. Pretty much the formula for success but you have to execute to make that happen. Sark did with an experienced offense and Bama did not with an inexperienced offense and stupid mistakes.

Sark kept 2nd and 3rd downs manageable based on the production on 1st down. Pretty much the formula for success but you have to execute to make that happen. Sark did with an experienced offense and Bama did not with an inexperienced offense and stupid mistakes.
He did it 2020 with an ultra-talented ( and experienced) group. Had a “terrible” defense that year as I recall (after Ole Miss game).
Let’s get a little more seasoning & see how it works out. I’m not ready to put Saban out to pasture.

* I also remember a bunch of Bama fans who were celebrating when Sark left for Atlanta after he blew the natty against Clemson.

He did it 2020 with an ultra-talented ( and experienced) group. Had a “terrible” defense that year as I recall (after Ole Miss game).
Let’s get a little more seasoning & see how it works out. I’m not ready to put Saban out to pasture.

* I also remember a bunch of Bama fans who were celebrating when Sark left for Atlanta after he blew the natty against Clemson.

Yes, and I remember a lot more who were pissed when he was hired back... "but muh Falcons sucked!"

Clint Lamb posted this on twitter:

Rees started yesterday’s game by calling a PASSING play on three of Alabama’s first four first downs (75% pass). Following Milroe’s first INT, Rees called a RUN on eight of the next nine first downs (88.9% run). Didn’t start calling passes again until two-minute drill.

Alabama ran 16 plays of 2nd & 7 or longer. Threw the ball on 75% of those. Only ran 5 plays of 2nd & 6 or shorter. Ran the ball 80% of the time. First of all, that’s 3x more failed first-down plays than successful. Secondly, that’s way too predictable. Made things easy on Texas.

Not doubting the information, just don’t care for the POS Lamb.
He LOL’ed on Twitter when UGA got the pick 6 off of Bryce in the ‘21 National Championship game. He then reported on Williams’s knee injury shortly after & I asked him if he LOL’ed that also.
Chickenshit blocked me!

I said it before on here on another post, but the job is back open in my opinion. I believed he was on a short lease when he was named the starter, I want him to succeed.... but he can't turn the ball over the way he did last night and remain the starter. That shit killed us, he also showed why he won the job in the first place, the kid can make an incredible play..... and then make the most boneheaded decision he can make. Experience maters, and he didn't have a ton of it, but he can't keep turning the ball over if we're gonna turn this season around. And it wasn't all on him on offense, out o-line got straight up beat last night, I'm tired of hearing all these players talk shit about how they're gonna do this and that, it's time to nut the fuck up on all fronts for the rest of the season. Fuck all this talking and shit, it's time to be about that action.
I've been drinking a bit again tonight....
giphy (5).gif

I said it before on here on another post, but the job is back open in my opinion. I believed he was on a short lease when he was named the starter, I want him to succeed.... but he can't turn the ball over the way he did last night and remain the starter. That shit killed us, he also showed why he won the job in the first place, the kid can make an incredible play..... and then make the most boneheaded decision he can make. Experience maters, and he didn't have a ton of it, but he can't keep turning the ball over if we're gonna turn this season around. And it wasn't all on him on offense, out o-line got straight up beat last night, I'm tired of hearing all these players talk shit about how they're gonna do this and that, it's time to nut the fuck up on all fronts for the rest of the season. Fuck all this talking and shit, it's time to be about that action.
I've been drinking a bit again tonight....
View attachment 25448
He was on short lease. I'm waiting to see if he was extended a lifeline for this week or will he be replaced by someone for this week. Hopefully we'll hear what Saban has to say today.

Not that is has much to do with what you posted, but noticed earlier that Texas gained 246 yards and 3 TD's on 1st downs. Some 2020 Bama type shit.
He did what he did here - attack the edges and spread the defense out. Alabama hasn't attacked the edges since Sark left. No WR screens; pop passes; swing passes, etc.. I don't even want to blame Rees, because I think this is a Saban issue now.

Back
Top Bottom