| FTBL Best linebacker against the run?

Just a topic that I've been thinking about recently. We here all the time hearing about "off-ball" linebackers and how great they are/were in coverage. And thats great, especially in this new era of football, you need to be able to do that to make it at a high level. But, what about the guys that come downhill, stack and shed off their blocks with violent hands, and stick their noses in their gaps?
So, I wanted to see if y'all could put together a top 5 of linebackers with these qualities. And if you can't think of 5, that's fine..... just name off who you can remember.
So, let's get started. For me, it goes.....
1). Ray Lewis.
2). Patrick Willis.
3). Reuben Foster(I'm biased, but watch the film damnit!!!)
4). Derrick brooks.
5). Paul Posluszny.

Just a topic that I've been thinking about recently. We here all the time hearing about "off-ball" linebackers and how great they are/were in coverage. And thats great, especially in this new era of football, you need to be able to do that to make it at a high level. But, what about the guys that come downhill, stack and shed off their blocks with violent hands, and stick their noses in their gaps?
So, I wanted to see if y'all could put together a top 5 of linebackers with these qualities. And if you can't think of 5, that's fine..... just name off who you can remember.
So, let's get started. For me, it goes.....
1). Ray Lewis.
2). Patrick Willis.
3). Reuben Foster(I'm biased, but watch the film damnit!!!)
4). Derrick brooks.
5). Paul Posluszny.
First one I thought of was Reuben.

Welp, that makes this about like giving someone directions to "turn at the light" and you don't tell them which light or which direction.
I figured you know by now that whenever I mention linebackers, I'm talking about ILb's.
Just for future reference, this is the case...... unless I specifically bring up olb's. But I'll be more specific to avoid anymore confusion. Really really specific.

I live about 10 miles from his home town of Excel. Wish I could have seen him play in college, didn't watch the NFL.
Good deal, I have some kin down it that area, (My cousins husband is Baseball coach at Thomasville) he was at Excel a few years back. Lee Roy was my 1st "favorite" Bama player as a kid. I was a huge Cowboy fan back then, just because of him.

Back
Top Bottom