| FTBL Bama vs. Rebels

G

Guest

Thread Starter
How do we match up with this team anyone know? I see they beat Louisiana Tech. I also found the rebels are scoring Per Game 21.7 While the Opp 27.5

Looking at the stats we should roll this team, but we should have done that with Houston as well.


Will the game be on TV or Net broadcast?
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Optimus said:
How do we match up with this team anyone know? I see they beat Louisiana Tech. I also found the rebels are scoring Per Game 21.7 While the Opp 27.5

Looking at the stats we should roll this team, but we should have done that with Houston as well.


Will the game be on TV or Net broadcast?

I've mentioned this before, but it appears it bears mentioning again. This was the same Houston team that put up @575 yards against Oregon. Statistically, they beat that Oregon team up and down the field. If it wasn't for the 4 turnovers in that game there's a good chance Houston would have won that game. And, Oregon is no slouch of the Pac-10 this year. Michigan started off rough this year, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Oregon took it to the Wolverines in the second week of this season.
 

Bamapossum

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Ole Miss has consistently played Alabama tough for the last few years. They are very capable of beating the Tide in Oxford.

I haven't felt comfortable playing them in a while, and I will probably cuss and rave this weekend hoping it doesn't come down to another last minute field goal or overtime.

Bama 28

Ole Miss 20
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Bamapossum said:
Ole Miss has consistently played Alabama tough for the last few years. They are very capable of beating the Tide in Oxford.

I haven't felt comfortable playing them in a while, and I will probably cuss and rave this weekend hoping it doesn't come down to another last minute field goal or overtime.

Bama 28

Ole Miss 20

I have a feeling that we will hammer Ole Miss...

Memphis had 30 first downs and 467 yards against them.

Missouri had 29 and 559 (although Mizzou may be a world beater)

Vandy had 25 - 383

UGA 27 - 472

They shut out La Tech, but still gave up 300 yards.

I think the UF game was a fluke...Florida gave up over 300 yards passing to Ole Miss. Ole Miss does not run the ball well and will throw it 30-40 times or so. If we hold them to 200 yards or less passing, we win by three TD's or more.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
MDBtrumpet04 said:
Hopefully we can establish a run game real quick so JPW does not have to have the burden all on him.


I don't think that will prove overly difficult. They are dead last in the league, giving up an average of 220 yards per game.

For what its worth...they are also dead last in pass defense...total offense...total defense...pretty much everything that matters.
 
I

imported_RollTideRandy

Thread Starter
Yep, Ole Missy struggles to run the ball and struggles to stop the run. For those who don’t know, La Tech actually dominated Ole Miss pretty good this weekend (in total yards, total plays, and time of possession), but lost the game because of two lost fumbles, a blocked field goal, and thirteen penalties. However, I think Seth Adams has been a lot more effective as a QB than anyone expected he would be. He’s making Coach O look pretty stupid for sticking with Schaeffer like he did last year.

The key to taking control of this game early (as with every other game Bama has played this year) is pressuring the QB. Bama got early pressure in the Houston and Vandy games and won both games. Struggled to get to Stafford and lost to UGA. We should be able to contain BenJarvis Green-Ellis on 1st and 2nd down, but that’s not going to do us a lot of good if we let Adams pick us apart on third down. When need to get in his face and keep him from being able to throw the quick slants and set-up the screen plays.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
I do not think we can blow out anybody at this point with the massive inconsistencies on offense. I would not be at all surprised if Ole Miss pulled a upset. Just my opinion though.
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
RollTideRandy said:
Yep, Ole Missy struggles to run the ball and struggles to stop the run. For those who don’t know, La Tech actually dominated Ole Miss pretty good this weekend (in total yards, total plays, and time of possession), but lost the game because of two lost fumbles, a blocked field goal, and thirteen penalties. However, I think Seth Adams has been a lot more effective as a QB than anyone expected he would be. He’s making Coach O look pretty stupid for sticking with Schaeffer like he did last year.

The key to taking control of this game early (as with every other game Bama has played this year) is pressuring the QB. Bama got early pressure in the Houston and Vandy games and won both games. Struggled to get to Stafford and lost to UGA. We should be able to contain BenJarvis Green-Ellis on 1st and 2nd down, but that’s not going to do us a lot of good if we let Adams pick us apart on third down. When need to get in his face and keep him from being able to throw the quick slants and set-up the screen plays.

Solid thoughts Randy. Solid.

You bring up a point here about the flags thrown on La. Tech. Others are bringing up the point of how Ole Miss stayed with Florida in the game in week 4. (I made a post in another thread I feel is worth posting here as well...will get to that in a second.) UF had 14 penalties in that game for right at 130 yards lost. Compare that to the game against LSU this past weekend.

Now, as to the UF vs Ole Miss game...

I see a lot here pointing to their game against Florida.

What I don't see the same members pointing to is the 31-17 trashing they suffered at the hands of Vandy. Or, the 45-17 shellacking they suffered at the hands of Georgia. Their only win this season was by 2 at Memphis.

Now, as to the Florida game. I watched that game, just like I've watched UF 3X this season. Much like UGA vs UT, Florida wasn't "there."

Ole Miss dropped 5-6 DB's back in that game to force UF to run the ball. They did, and with success. Still, they had a balanced attack with just a few yards separating the yards rushing vs passing.

With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter UF sat back on her haunches up 27-9. That game was in hand, and with the youth that team has they made the same mistake we have this year; a relief mode. A two play, broken coverage play led to one TD. A 4 play, broken coverage again, led to another TD.

Florida, in a word, looked lethargic. Not surprisingly a lot pointed to them looking ahead to the LSU game. We know it is a very young Florida team. Over 40% of that team had never traveled to another SEC school in their career.

Bottom line, it wasn't the same Florida team we saw at LSU. And, if I may add, it was another one of those games where the scoreboard didn't give an indication of how the game actually played out.

Big_Fan said:
I don't think that will prove overly difficult. They are dead last in the league, giving up an average of 220 yards per game.

For what its worth...they are also dead last in pass defense...total offense...total defense...pretty much everything that matters.

Just to add onto this thought...through week 5.

  • Last in scoring offense.
  • Next to last in scoring defense.
  • 4th in passing offense.
  • Last in pass defense.
  • Next to last in turnover margin.
  • Last in rushing offense.
  • Last in rushing defense.
  • Total defense? You got it, last again.
  • What team has allowed more 1st down than any other team in the SEC? Do I need to even answer this question?
  • Red zone offense? Last.
  • They are ranked first in Red Zone defense...but, that's a bad thing. Opponents are scoring 70% of the time.

Those stats are facing two common opponents, both teams playing a very good ball club (Oregon and FSU), and two OOC opponents where West. Carolina and Memphis wash each other out but there is a huge difference between La. Tech and Houston.

It did take us overtime to win against Ole Miss last year, but this isn't the same team. By any means. The only thing that is similiar is the record at this point, both teams 4-2.
 
I

imported_RollTideRandy

Thread Starter
Optimus said:
Wasn't last years game won by 3 or was that year before? Dang I'm getting too old.

Yeah, Bama won last year 26-23 in OT. That was a VERY STANGE game. Darby and Schaeffer both struggled all last season, yet both really shined in that game. Darby had 162 rushing yards on 25 carries and Schaeffer was 13-20 for 163 yards passing. I think that was Schaeffer’s only game completing over 50% of his passes last year.
 

rammajamma

Verified Member
Century Club
Okay here is what will happen against Ole Missy:

We will come out early looking good.

We will get way ahead of them in the first quarter.

We will let them have a few good plays right before the half.

We will absolutely fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and let them come back.

We will spark back to life and win/lose on the last play of the game.

Everyone (Except me) on this board will want to bench JPW and fire Major Applewhite Saturday night and Sunday morning.

gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg


Have YOU PEOPLE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! GOSH!
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
rammajamma said:
Okay here is what will happen against Ole Missy:

We will come out early looking good.

We will get way ahead of them in the first quarter.

We will let them have a few good plays right before the half.

We will absolutely fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and let them come back.

We will spark back to life and win/lose on the last play of the game.

Everyone (Except me) on this board will want to bench JPW and fire Major Applewhite Saturday night and Sunday morning.

gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg


Have YOU PEOPLE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! GOSH!


I am sure I will want to bench JPW but do not care to fire Applewhite when Pendry is calling the plays (a guess).
 

csdien

Verified Member
Sideline Club
I dunno I just don't think it'll be all that close even if we don't play our best ball of the year or second or third.

La Tech had 117 yards in penalties, 4 turnovers to Ole Miss's 3, 3 more first downs, 71 more yards overall, 24 more plays.

it was a sloppy game and their turnovers were costly and a momentum killer several times.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
rammajamma said:
Okay here is what will happen against Ole Missy:

We will come out early looking good.

We will get way ahead of them in the first quarter.

We will let them have a few good plays right before the half.

We will absolutely fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and let them come back.

We will spark back to life and win/lose on the last play of the game.

Everyone (Except me) on this board will want to bench JPW and fire Major Applewhite Saturday night and Sunday morning.

gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg


Have YOU PEOPLE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! GOSH!

Heres what I think will happen:

Bama will come out and smack Ole Miss in the mouth, rushing for 200 yards and 30 points in the first half.

Then Bama will run for another 100 or so in the second half and score another 20 points.

Ole Myth will be unsure of where the end zone is located, but they might accidentally trip over the goal line and fall in once or twice.

Orgeron is the worst coach in America.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
rammajamma said:
Okay here is what will happen against Ole Missy:

We will come out early looking good.

We will get way ahead of them in the first quarter.

We will let them have a few good plays right before the half.

We will absolutely fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and let them come back.

We will spark back to life and win/lose on the last play of the game.

Everyone (Except me) on this board will want to bench JPW and fire Major Applewhite Saturday night and Sunday morning.

gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg


Have YOU PEOPLE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! GOSH!

LOL rammajamma that's outstanding! My point is seems like they play us tough. I don't think (But I HOPE) this game will be a blow out. I do like the fact that CNS has stated. Any postion is open for the taking. Which kinda makes me feel like we might see someone new at the Qb(only if JPW plays bad) postion. Heck maybe even JJ will see some playing time..
 
Top Bottom