| BSB/SB šŸ„ŽBama Softball to host Regional as 14th overall seed... [Thread updated with transfer commitment]

Not surprised at all with the seed or the matchups. Bama has some big wins this year that helped the RPI plus we had 0 Q4 losses. Clemson (RPI #19) obviously will be very tough at the regional once again but they haven't played their best ball here as of late. They are 6-6 in their last 12 games. Upstate (RPI #123) isn't very good at all honestly. But SE Louisiana (RPI #66) is actually much better than people may think. They beat Ole Miss this year and lost a close one to LSU earlier as well. Hopefully the Upstate game can give us a little confidence and get the bats rolling for the likely Saturday matchup with Clemson.

So, then Bama likely has 0 WCWS titles instead of 1? I don't get the thinking there...

My bad. I thought they tried to hire him after the championship , but it was the year before in 2011. Yeah Iā€™d take the Championship all day. Just seems as though the program is just stagnant and waiting for something to change but keep doing the same things waiting on that different outcome.

Last edited:
@50+yeartidefan I'm not too happy with the softball program and the decisions made lately. I'm not alone. And that's about all I'm going to say about this.
I think we all are unhappy with results....for sure

But to me....it seems more SEC schools have jumped on softball...talent dispersed...

Bama/florida were getting the players....a few here or there.....
But .....thos 2 were and stayed...loaded

Now ...Kentucky...Arkansas...Auburn...all are skimming off top of pool...

OK coming in...as #1 program....year after year...that HC does tremendous job...certainly the GOAT of modern softball

More competition....

Mrs. Roades passed in 2021 and really put up the dollars for the softball team. I will assume (maybe) that she was a fan of the HC. That protection (if there was any) has been removed.

JMO but I believe the AD will give the HC one more to right the ship.

Mrs. Roades passed in 2021 and really put up the dollars for the softball team. I will assume (maybe) that she was a fan of the HC. That protection (if there was any) has been removed.

JMO but I believe the AD will give the HC one more to right the ship.
IMO the HC has had about 5-6 years to right the ship. If all you see is regression over that time the odds of improvement are very slim. Iā€™m not saying it canā€™t be done but history is not on PMā€™s side. I have said before and again Iā€™ll not mention names but the majority of veterans on this team have declined in production, especially offense, and are still in the starting line up. I can understand a drop off for a couple of years but any Bama softball fan can see there has been a slow decline with the overall program the last 5-7 years. RTR.

I've just got a different perspective on things seeing it from where I am sitting. Not only am I a huge fan of Bama softball but my kid is about to hit recruiting age on Sept 1st so we have been invited to lots of camps and been to many schools over the last 2 years.

1. We will have a very hard time getting past Clemson. Clemson is one of the best 2 seeds in the entire tournament. Hopefully we can find the timely hit or 2 we need to move on. They have a very good pitching staff so it will be difficult for sure.

2. Big time changes have to be made to the offensive side of things. I think that is pretty obvious. Murph is a very loyal coach and I hope he can make the right changes in that regard. Bringing in Kayla was fantastic but we need 1 more big change.

3. All the SEC schools are putting big money into softball now creating more parity in the sport. All 13 SEC softball teams made the tournament this year so playing that schedule every week isn't easy. Texas and Oklahoma will have to adjust to that next year as well. In the past Alabama and Florida spent all the money and got the best players. It is a much more even playing field than it used to be.

4. Having been to camps at most SEC schools, Bama and Florida still draw the most depth of talent to their camps. Obviously we have to be able to develop that talent but it is still a big time destination for the nation's best players. The sky isn't falling as far as not attracting the best players is my point there.

I've just got a different perspective on things seeing it from where I am sitting. Not only am I a huge fan of Bama softball but my kid is about to hit recruiting age on Sept 1st so we have been invited to lots of camps and been to many schools over the last 2 years.

1. We will have a very hard time getting past Clemson. Clemson is one of the best 2 seeds in the entire tournament. Hopefully we can find the timely hit or 2 we need to move on. They have a very good pitching staff so it will be difficult for sure.

2. Big time changes have to be made to the offensive side of things. I think that is pretty obvious. Murph is a very loyal coach and I hope he can make the right changes in that regard. Bringing in Kayla was fantastic but we need 1 more big change.

3. All the SEC schools are putting big money into softball now creating more parity in the sport. All 13 SEC softball teams made the tournament this year so playing that schedule every week isn't easy. Texas and Oklahoma will have to adjust to that next year as well. In the past Alabama and Florida spent all the money and got the best players. It is a much more even playing field than it used to be.

4. Having been to camps at most SEC schools, Bama and Florida still draw the most depth of talent to their camps. Obviously we have to be able to develop that talent but it is still a big time destination for the nation's best players. The sky isn't falling as far as not attracting the best players is my point there.

Honest question, would you send your daughter to play at Alabama right now with what you are seeing, and then being hands off so they can do it their way? It's a tough question to gauge since softball doesn't really develop into a career like baseball, basketball, golf and football, but do you think your daughter would go there and get what she needs to earn playing time and develop? Obviously the free education part is what I'm referring to compared to the professional opportunities, so of course for the education you'd send her, but this is just a question about softball development. I'm curious more than anything since you are into this way more than I am and most likely ever will be.

I think we all are unhappy with results....for sure

But to me....it seems more SEC schools have jumped on softball...talent dispersed...

Bama/florida were getting the players....a few here or there.....
But .....thos 2 were and stayed...loaded

Now ...Kentucky...Arkansas...Auburn...all are skimming off top of pool...

OK coming in...as #1 program....year after year...that HC does tremendous job...certainly the GOAT of modern softball

More competition....
One problem with this, BAMA has fallen off but the same canā€™t be said for Florida. Walton may be unlike able to some or most, but the guy has adapted each and every year.

Back
Top Bottom