| FTBL Bama back on top

A couple of items on rankings:

1) Absolutely it’s best to be #1 at the end of the season - you won it all. But take a moment along the way to celebrate the victories. Smell the fresh air, enjoy the win, and be rewarded for a job well done.

2) Being ranked #1 at some point in the middle of the season matters. It matters to the 17-22 year olds playing. They watch the sports shows, they’re on social media, they know the prestige. It matters to the coaches - they’re getting introduced before interviews as being at the helm of a #1 team. These guys want success and prestige too. It dang sure matters to new recruits and it matters to new potential assistant coaches in the future.

3) It matters to opponents. Just this offseason we heard how Notre Dame was beat before they come out of the tunnel for the National Championship game a few years ago. Why not have the motivator on your side - we’re not supposed to beat these guys, they’re #1.

4) There’s other ways of playing than “disrespected with a chip on your shoulder.” There’s pride and honor at being the best and the desire to stay at the top.

Just my 2 cents but I always hear the same old adages and I don’t disagree per se, but sometimes…enjoy a win and being at the top. The good times don’t last forever but enjoy them while you got ‘em.

A couple of items on rankings:

1) Absolutely it’s best to be #1 at the end of the season - you won it all. But take a moment along the way to celebrate the victories. Smell the fresh air, enjoy the win, and be rewarded for a job well done.

2) Being ranked #1 at some point in the middle of the season matters. It matters to the 17-22 year olds playing. They watch the sports shows, they’re on social media, they know the prestige. It matters to the coaches - they’re getting introduced before interviews as being at the helm of a #1 team. These guys want success and prestige too. It dang sure matters to new recruits and it matters to new potential assistant coaches in the future.

3) It matters to opponents. Just this offseason we heard how Notre Dame was beat before they come out of the tunnel for the National Championship game a few years ago. Why not have the motivator on your side - we’re not supposed to beat these guys, they’re #1.

4) There’s other ways of playing than “disrespected with a chip on your shoulder.” There’s pride and honor at being the best and the desire to stay at the top.

Just my 2 cents but I always hear the same old adages and I don’t disagree per se, but sometimes…enjoy a win and being at the top. The good times don’t last forever but enjoy them while you got ‘em.

Alabama extending their lead over the pack in the, Weeks Ranked #1 in the AP Poll Department is always a good thing with me.

Was it the NC state game that sold you ? We just beat the #2 team in the nation. Almost embarrassed them. Tennessee has looked good but they haven’t played anyone with a pulse in both sides of the ball.
The QB is very dangerous and stronger than Carson…and the Defense is good..We are playing them at their home…in the past Bama has always played tight and nervous at #1… IF we going to Knoxville uptight like we did two years ago we lose.. It seems like when we get the number one ranking, we lay an egg…

Don’t think this team will play tight vs Viles. #1, we lay egg? You got to be kidding. There is a noticeable difference in this team vs those of the past. They celebrate more, more trash talk too. They ain’t afraid.

Don’t think this team will play tight vs Viles. #1, we lay egg? You got to be kidding. There is a noticeable difference in this team vs those of the past. They celebrate more, more trash talk too. They ain’t afraid.
Let’s hope so… but I remember losing big games at #1 because we either get complacent,over confident or something weird happens and we just don’t play like we should…. The heat is off of UGA, Texas and even OSU… Now we are public enemy #1 early in the season..Full attention is on us now… I hope we handle it well and go all the way… We shall see..

Back
Top Bottom