| FTBL Final AP Poll

Final coaches poll is out. Gustaphor has us as #8, behind Georgia, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Missouri. Butch Jones has us as #2. Current aU coach has us as 4 as does CNS.

At this point, does it really matter?
Next year is a whole different ballgame, in more ways than we can even fathom right now! What is college football going to be?

I always find it kinda funny how people justify preseason polls from year to year. Changing their metrics to fit how a certain team they ranked too high should be where they are.

I mean Georgia's ranked #1 already next year, but looking at their roster turnover they're losing quite a few guys in key positions. But obviously #1

On the flip side, "Bama's lost a ton of guys in key positions, they may not even be a top 10 team next year" is what comes out of some of these people's mouths. I am getting pretty tired of the popularity contest of the AP and the Revenge factor of the Coach's Poll.

I kinda wish they'd just release the CFP stuff throughout the year or just no rankings until about 3/4 of the way into the season.

I always find it kinda funny how people justify preseason polls from year to year. Changing their metrics to fit how a certain team they ranked too high should be where they are.

I mean Georgia's ranked #1 already next year, but looking at their roster turnover they're losing quite a few guys in key positions. But obviously #1

On the flip side, "Bama's lost a ton of guys in key positions, they may not even be a top 10 team next year" is what comes out of some of these people's mouths. I am getting pretty tired of the popularity contest of the AP and the Revenge factor of the Coach's Poll.

I kinda wish they'd just release the CFP stuff throughout the year or just no rankings until about 3/4 of the way into the season.
But the preseason is for fans. For that longggg of season...Mean nuthin....at all.. got to get a few games under their belts before the true nature surfaces...

Then...we shall see...

Back
Top Bottom