| FTBL Bad blood boils in Oxford

Re: Ole Miss and the great Catch

THE THUMB said:
:shock: New to the board, although have read it many times during the coaching search. Great group of people. Love the guy with the hat and the "banjo" :?: Grew up in Alabama - drank a whiskey with the bear around the camp house fire, but attended the "Barn".

One thing that is missing in the conversation on the call at Ole Miss was that Hodge made a great catch!!!. Doesn't matter if he was in/out, first touch..... games over. Not sure - but maybe the bottles and shoes were meant for coach O and not Alabama. :lol:

Welcome Thumb. Heck, if that gal was gonna throw away them red high heels, you'd think she would have tossed her red thong, too, wouldn't ya?. I reckon if that stuff had been intended for Coach O, somebody would have thrown the coona** a dead nutria or two. :lol:

Yep, it sure was a great no-catch. Btw, this here is a banjo:

banjo.jpg

You can even use a thumb to pluck it.

The guy in the cowboy hat is holding a mandolin, sometimes called an axe or mando.

Ah - Mando - thanks. Plum Nasty Mississippi? Ain't that close to Tupelo? :roll:

I'm a Mississippi tax payer too! Good to meet ya. :)

Thongs are better left thrown during night games. Throwing them during the day would be "classless" :o

bear facts said:
Thanks for the read, Reporter. I wish I could post the little article that the Vicksburg Post had in yesterday's paper about the 3 individuals arrested, but it was not included in the news on the paper's website.

The three arrested, though, were "two Ole Miss fans and a juvenile." Among the items and debris thrown on the field included a pair of red high heels.

So I guess the juvenile wasn't an Ole Miss fan or else Ole Miss is an adult only fanbase. I have some Ole Miss fans in my son-in-law's family so I had about 2 hours of post-game whining. I finally asked them if they had ever lost a game that was their fault. It suddenly got quiet and I went back to watching Kentucky/LSU.

MississippiTide said:
bear facts said:
Thanks for the read, Reporter. I wish I could post the little article that the Vicksburg Post had in yesterday's paper about the 3 individuals arrested, but it was not included in the news on the paper's website.

The three arrested, though, were "two Ole Miss fans and a juvenile." Among the items and debris thrown on the field included a pair of red high heels.

So I guess the juvenile wasn't an Ole Miss fan or else Ole Miss is an adult only fanbase. I have some Ole Miss fans in my son-in-law's family so I had about 2 hours of post-game whining. I finally asked them if they had ever lost a game that was their fault. It suddenly got quiet and I went back to watching Kentucky/LSU.

Nice comback, MsTide. :lol:

I can sympathize with you. All my in-laws are LSU fans. Ain't heard a peep from them this week.

I think the 'Cats got their tongues. :D

Yep, I was trying to figure the juvenile thing out myself. Figured it was some Ole Miss fan's underaged date.

It was the correct call and I agree with what Saban said about the Ole Miss fans but the fact is, it's not his place to comment on another teams fanbase's level of class.

Saban needs to learn to let the media fight these battles(USF and OM comments) for him.

Oz said:
It was the correct call and I agree with what Saban said about the Ole Miss fans but the fact is, it's not his place to comment on another teams fanbase's level of class.

Saban needs to learn to let the media fight these battles(USF and OM comments) for him.

And its not your place on a rival board to comment about their coach's comments on another team's fanbase's level of class. :wink:

bear facts said:
Oz said:

And its not your place on a rival board to comment about their coach's comments on another team's fanbase's level of class. :wink:

Well said, Factor. :)

Back
Top Bottom