| FTBL AUBURN?!?!

G

http://www.auburnfootball.com/auburn-national-championships.htm

AUBURN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS
There have been a total of eight Auburn teams that have been awarded some form of "National Champions" title. The NCAA's website states that "the NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process", but goes on to state that "a number of polling organizations provide a final ranking of Division I-A football teams at the end of each season". The NCAA website then lists four Auburn squads that have been named National Champions by at least one organization. Here is the complete list of the Auburn teams ranked #1 and some of the organizations that recognized them as National Champion:

1910 6–1 team (Loren Maxwell)
1913 undefeated 8–0 team (Billingsley, James Howell, 1st-N-Goal)
1914 undefeated 8–0–1 team (James Howell)
1957 undefeated 10–0 team (Associated Press, Billingsley, Fleming, Football Research, Helms, James Howell, Massey Ratings, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Poling, Sagarin, Sorensen, Williamson, David Wilson)
1958 undefeated 9–0–1 team (Montgomery Full Season Championship)
1983 11–1 team (ARGH, Billingsley, DKC, Eck, FACT, Fleming, Football Research, James Howell, Massey Ratings, New York Times, Nutshell Sports, Sorensen, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson, 1st-N-Goal)
1993 undefeated 11–0 team (Harry Frye, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson)
2004 undefeated 13–0 team (Darryl W. Perry, EFI, FansPoll, GBE, Hank Trexler, M Cubed)
The AP Poll did not begin selecting a champion until 1936 nor the AFCA Coaches Poll until 1950, so many national champion titles previous to those date were awarded retroactively. However during the 1910's, it is difficult to despute the legitimacy of the Auburn titles. The undefeated 1913 and 1914 teams coached by Mike Donahue were some of the best defenses in Auburn history. In fact, the 1914 squad allowed zero points all season, outscoring opponents 193-0. The 1983 team featuring Bo Jackson went 11–1 and finished the season by beating Michigan 9-7 in the Sugar Bowl. The undefeated 2004 squad (13–0) finished second in the AP and Coaches Top 25 polls, but the team was awarded the 2004 Fanspoll.com People's National Champion title. Auburn University officially only claims the Associated Press (AP) National Championship of 1957 (although the school does acknowledge the 1913, 1983, 1993 and 2004 titles in their media guide).

Umm...I do they oreder rings EVERYTIME they have a decent season?

CtrlAltieDel said:
Could you post their fight song also, I don't know the words to it.

Hey hey We the tigers! We can cout to 5! Hey hey we the tigers! Our mama's didn't have kids that survied!

:D Hows that?

Number1TideFan19 said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

Hey hey We the tigers! We can cout to 5! Hey hey we the tigers! Our mama's didn't have kids that survied!

That is really good, #1, you have a knack with words.

On a serious note, why did you post the illustrious history of the AuNeck team on an Alabama board?

CtrlAltieDel said:
Number1TideFan19 said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

That is really good, #1, you have a knack with words.

On a serious note, why did you post the illustrious history of the AuNeck team on an Alabama board?

Oh,I was wondering why they included irrelevant NC's. And I was hoping that some one could have an anwer. I did write on the bottom of that post

"What,Do they order rings everytime they have a decent season". :) I was just curious. If you,I'll erase it? :D It was kinda stupid,I was just curious.
They sound kinda like Notre Dumb,Claiming National Championships before the nation even reconized them as a university.

University of Alabama law student William G. Little learned how to play American football while attending school in Andover, Massachusetts and began teaching the sport to fellow Alabama students in early 1892.[3][4] Later in the year, the school formed an official team of 19 players, with Little as captain and E. B. Beaumont as head coach. Since then, the program has won 21 SEC championships and 12 national championships. In addition to the 12 championships claimed by the university, the NCAA recognizes Alabama as National Champions for the 1945, 1966, 1967, and 1977 college football seasons. However, those championships are not claimed by Alabama.[5][6]

The team has also made 55 bowl appearances throughout their history, beginning with the 1926 Rose Bowl to, the most recent, 2007 Independence Bowl. In those 55 bowls, Alabama has a 31–21–3 record. Since 1913, Alabama has 92 first team All-Americans, 29 consensus.[7]

[edit] National championships
Year Coach Record Bowl
1925 Wallace Wade 10–0–0 Won Rose Bowl
1926 9–0–1 Tied Rose Bowl
1930 10–0–0 Won Rose Bowl
1934 Frank W. Thomas 10–0–0 Won Rose Bowl
1941 9–2–0 Won Cotton Bowl
1961 Bear Bryant 11–0–0 Won Sugar Bowl
1964 10–1–0 Lost Orange Bowl
1965 9–1–1 Won Orange Bowl
1973 11–1–0 Lost Sugar Bowl
1978 11–1–0 Won Sugar Bowl