| FTBL AU is really struggling with ...

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
BigAl said:
porkchop said:
BigAl said:
This just proves the barn can be beat.

You're way off base BigAl. Just wait till Proud Tiger or Tigrinum Major log on to tell you so. :lol:
Their really Alabama fans. Why else would they spend so much time over here on a Bama board if they didnt love us?

They have issues, that due to their mental condition and existing privacy laws, I cannot discuss. :|

What got me was the way they acted as the clock counted down to Zero. They were jumping around like a bunch of idiots acting as if they had just beaten the number one team in the nation on the road or something.

It took all they had to beat an unranked team at home. Looks like they have never been there before.

tidenumber1 said:
What got me was the way they acted as the clock counted down to Zero. They were jumping around like a bunch of idiots acting as if they had just beaten the number one team in the nation on the road or something.

It took all they had to beat an unranked team at home. Looks like they have never been there before.

They havent.

the biggest worry for Auburn would have been the play of Brandon Cox. He just made terrible mistake after terrible mistake, and I'm talking about the ones when there was little to no pressure. As a 3rd year starter he should be looking safeties off instead of staring down his primary receiver.

The defense looked solid. Based on the LSU game Groves might just pitch a tent on top of the LSU quarterback. Auburn got pretty solid pressure without blitzing, and got great pressure when they did blitz.

I know Auburn's offensive line started at least 1 true freshman last night, Lee Ziemba at RT. I would imagine the offensive line would improve...it better.

I also thought Ben Tate looked good considering he had to break 2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage every play. KState has a good defensive front 7 and I think they knew that if Auburn could run the ball they were dead at Jordan-Hare. It looked like they did a lot of run blitzes, more then most college teams use, and their safeties were attacking the line on running plays.

Overall I saw LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee play. None of the three impressed me. I am anxious to watch Alabama but I'll probably need to wait until they play a good team as they are not likely to be televised outside of the southeast unless they are playing other major college programs.

Overall I saw LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee play. None of the three impressed me. I am anxious to watch Alabama but I'll probably need to wait until they play a good team as they are not likely to be televised outside of the southeast unless they are playing other major college programs.

I will say this about LSU though. While I'm not overly impressed with them and believe they have some vulnerabilities, I do think they will beat VaTech, assuming Les doesn't coach them out of the win.

VaTech (in the time I watched them) didn't look very good at all yesterday. I know it's the first game of the season and all, but I really expected a lot more from the Hokies. I'm thinking now that if LSU can be business-like on offense and put together 2 or 3 long time-consuming drives they're likely to outlast Beamer Ball.

It's week one though, and things change, but this is my initial thought after watching all these teams play their first game.

Barn has got some problems up front, but let's be real here we played some scub team and kick the crap out of them our real test starts this week.

Aubarn looked sloppy, the O line was awful! They will need much more line play than that if there going to play in the SEC.

"I will say this about LSU though. While I'm not overly impressed with them and believe they have some vulnerabilities, I do think they will beat VaTech, assuming Les doesn't coach them out of the win.

VaTech (in the time I watched them) didn't look very good at all yesterday. I know it's the first game of the season and all, but I really expected a lot more from the Hokies. I'm thinking now that if LSU can be business-like on offense and put together 2 or 3 long time-consuming drives they're likely to outlast Beamer Ball."

Ha .. Backhanded compliment?

LSU has talent galore, let there be no doubt. UF, UGA and LSU all impressed me yesterday (this week). What Miles does with that talent will probably dictate how hard Michigan comes after him.

It's funny how Cox is being defamed by some when he was doing the best that his protection would allow him under the circumstances. I thought Cox played as gutsy a performance as I have seen since JPW last year.

RollTideRandy said:
This game seems eerily familiar. Have the barn on the ropes, then start playing not to lose and let it slip away. Plus you have a tackle who is just killing you and you refuse to give him any help. Where have I seen that before? ;scr

Amen Brother, Talk about DeJaVu.

Back
Top Bottom